Reviews for A Roll of the Dice
FOXY-FEET chapter 2 . 3/8/2011
yay! just awesome. these two make the warm and fuzzies for me. first slash I ever read and I *heart* them.
bornonhalloween chapter 2 . 3/1/2011
TLIG-

Holy. Shit.

What an amazing chapter. This is probably the most beautiful telling of this particular moment that I've read, and I'm embarrassed to say I've read quite a few! The love and devotion that these two show each other in every single moment of their time together is brilliant. Whether they're playing in their dungeon or in each other's bodies, they never fail to do and say the exact right thing. Truly a most beautiful story and an absolute pleasure to read.

You really know how to capture the intensity of those special moments between two people who care deeply for each other. So many great lines of dialog I couldn't even name them all. I loved both POV of this little story and would love to hear what these boys are doing in ten years. Do you dare?

THANKS SO MUCH for adding a chapter! I loved it!

~BOH
mauralee88 chapter 2 . 2/27/2011
So sweet, and so hot. Loved it!

Thank you for giving us a bit more of the two.
Debbie in S. Florida chapter 2 . 2/26/2011
Okay, so I know it's not the most descriptive word in the English language, but I'll say it again: wow. Another incredible chapter. I really can't wait to see what else you've written. I already told you my first love is Edward, but I do love me some Jasper, too, and you wrote him wonderfully, too. In fact, I really am glad you wrote this one in his POV. I always love to have each character's view of a story, and this was just amazing. I absolutely love where they went, and where they ended up.

I have to say I'm happy they didn't just jump into having sex, that they took their time until it was right. So many stories, they have sex almost the first time they see one another, you know? This was a refreshing change, and you could tell that they were committed. No, I'm not an uptight moralist who thinks people shouldn't sleep together if they aren't going to get married or something, but it is nice to think that they loved one another and were planning to stay together. Just made it that much more enjoyable, I think.

I was thinking, though, as I read this story, how funny it is that my brother was (and still is, even as an adult) a big D&D player, and all these years, I really had no clue whatsoever about what it is exactly that they do. Who would've ever thought that I'd learn about the game by reading a slash fanfic? I don't think I'll tell him that, though. Not sure he'd appreciate the humor. And I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want me thinking about HIM while reading about gay guys getting it on! Ha.

Anyway, I really loved this story, and am heading to find out if you've written anything else. Sure hope so, cuz you're a really great writer. And just so you know, I review pretty much every chapter of every story I read, even if it's just to say hi and thanks for writing. I figure it's the least I can do when you have so generously shared your talent with me. So hi, and thanks!

Debbie
Debbie in S. Florida chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Wow, what a fabulous story. I found you after reading a rec on the Twi-Muses blog, and am so glad I did! I have to say, I never used to be much of a slash reader, though it is definitely growing on me, but your story was so highly praised, I just had to check it out. I'm finding myself reading more and more slash lately, even though my first love will always be B&E. I'm discovering E&J are pretty good, too, especially yours. You are a wonderful writer. I always adore reading EPOV, especially when it's done well, which this is.

I love the way you manage to capture Edward's every emotion so perfectly. I could see clearly how tough it had to have been on him all this time, having such strong feelings for his best friend and not knowing how he felt in return, and not expecting anything, let alone that Jasper might reciprocate his feelings. I think most of us have been there at some point, liking and wanting someone, yet afraid that if we let them know, we'd make a fool of ourselves, so I could identify with him. I especially loved the way you wrote his elation when he began to think that maybe, just maybe, it was really going to happen. You made me FEEL what he was feeling. You made me understand how difficult it was for him, how strong his feelings are, and you made me root for him the entire way. It wasn't just that I was reading the story, I was living it along with him. Well, as much as I can, being a straight woman!

I so rarely read one-shots, because I'm always left wanting MORE, so you can imagine how happy I am that this has another chapter! Of course, I'm sure at the end of it, I'll still be wanting more, but I sure will have enjoyed it.

Can't wait to see where they go next.

Debbie
vampireisthenewblack chapter 2 . 2/26/2011
Fantastic, as your slash always is. There's always a point of difference in your stories, something that makes them stand out from the crowd.

And of course they are always so well written. Well done, and thank you!
sunystone chapter 2 . 2/25/2011
Aw! It was so great to read these boys again! Loved it!
Lawn Girl chapter 2 . 2/25/2011
geeky, hot and utterly adorable. i loved this, bb! 3
sasharose11 chapter 2 . 2/25/2011
OMG, I can't believe you continued this, I was so giddy when I saw that there was a 2nd chapter. The original o/s stayed with me and I have read it many times since the 1st time I read it. The fact that I now have a D&D gaming store next to my grocery store, doesn't help, I think of this story everytime I pass it. I love the D&D talk as foreplay. Such a sweet 1st time. They are so adorkable. Thank you for adding this chapter.
miamama9598 chapter 2 . 2/25/2011
Now my favorite slash is geeky D&D slash :)

Thanks!
OnTheTurningAway chapter 2 . 2/25/2011
Aww...I just adore your Diceboys! You captured their innocence perfectly, again.

I'm not sure exactly why, but I really love this line: "Did you seriously not know that?"

I think it's because it makes me really believe that they are still 'boys'. They aren't talking about the serious stuff, and are just going on with school and their games, not vocalizing their fears about the future - because maybe it's just a little too scary to do so.

Lovely as always. Thanks for sharing SC's gift with us!
Twink423 chapter 2 . 2/24/2011
So sweet for their first time and also so hotttt!

Love these two and glad they got to have their sleepover again to pop their cherries! -O
Twink423 chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
Love the geeky bot loving. Edward is so adorkable and glad he took his chance. Can't wait to see what the next chapter brings for them. Another sleepover perhaps? With some buttsecks? :P
ganabanana chapter 2 . 2/24/2011
So happy to see these two again. Thank you!
misguided gh0st chapter 2 . 2/24/2011