Reviews for The World Tree
3rdmike chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
So far I have only read that authors note and I already have no words. Well, I guess I have a few... If the rest of the story is as eloquently spoken as what I just read, this guy should be some sort of famous author making bank or something because man, that was amazing. I haven't even started the actual story yet and I'm already praising this guy, dang!
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 22 . 3/29/2014
Amazing! For some reason I could only catch up today, but your story has a good deal of amazing! I really enjoyed how you got a bit character and transformed into a full story! And, above all, it has the awesome spirit of Gurren Lagann, I can totally see it as a continuation to the original series. The characters are developed and it's overall. Good work!
Juubi-K chapter 1 . 2/11/2014
I was led to this fic by OZ x OZ, and I have to say I'm glad of it.

The prose is very good, flowing very smoothly with enough poetic detail to keep me interested. Your descriptions of combat are better than most I've encountered in fanfiction, and even in some published fiction.

I hope to read more of this soon.
Zaru chapter 22 . 2/11/2014
Oh boy...where to begin.

Seriously, if Trigger/Gainax wanted to make a sequel to TTGL, this would have been the closest thing. You tackled the themes present in the show well, you made the fights over-the-top and manly, you had some CUURAAYZAAAY fights, and you had some emotional stuff pop up. Some neat twists here and there...it was all good.

Still, I am a bit confused: how did Nakim get to Yggdrasil and make it into Yggdra-Grapearl to combat FenGarm? In addition, how big were those ships? Are we talking Arc Gurren Lagann size or Chouginga Size? Also, I think Jun got shafted a bit too much by story's end, he could have played a role in activating Yggdrasil and thus making him relevant in the final fight. Maybe he could have been the Simon to Nakim's Kamina. Who knows.

I kinda laughed at Hector's death though. He was swatted away like a gnat.

Now then, I loved the prose you wrote, which was beautifully written and you made sure to jot down the extra details on certain stuff. Though it could have helped in regards to the decriptions of the ships and Ymir mechs, it helped us paint the picture of what we thought they would look like in our minds.

So while it has a few faults(Jun's shafting, bit light on descriptions), it was a superb read nonetheless. I feel priveleged to see this be born then witness it's completion. If only I can do the same with Words...

Now to add this to TV Tropes whenever possible.
Zaru chapter 21 . 2/11/2014
Oh my heart, it began to leap for joy. This was a true Gurren Lagann semi ending. Overcoming the odds, the villain finally being defeated GDB fashion, and to culimate it all: Simon and Nakim.
Zaru chapter 20 . 2/11/2014
Wait how did Nakim get there! And he came to the rescue!

This is starting to look good!
Zaru chapter 19 . 2/11/2014
Ajax and Baldr went out like men.

And it seems Tyrs objective is complete. Now all that's left is the World Tree and he will be unstoppable.

Where is Nakim!
Zaru chapter 18 . 2/11/2014
SQEEEEEE

That was when I finally saw the giga drill breaker being used. And now we have Gimmy and Darry partnering up to combat Tyr and Ajax and Baldr's final confrontation. That begs the question of where Nakim is!
Zaru chapter 17 . 2/11/2014
At long last: the Ymir have invaded earth! And now we have Gimmy vs Tyr. Then that means the final fight will be Nakim vs Hector I warrant.

So happy to see this back :3
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 16 . 2/7/2014
Oh, this fic is back, good to know! I'll read later, but it's good to see it back!
1 over 0 chapter 16 . 11/27/2011
So Nakim is...not a clone. Okay then.

My predictions about Hector STILL STAND, however. Nakim has suggested that cloning at least exists.

And, please don't disappear for so long ever again. You're a fantastic writer, and we'd all like to hear more from you.
1 over 0 chapter 15 . 11/16/2011
I think you changed scene a little too quick there. One moment Nakim's talking to Hector, the next, he's on the surface. Too many unanswered questions. For one, why did Hector tell that to Nakim? How was Nakim able to skip out without being noticed? Things like that. You should probably consider explaining that.

Also, what happened to the rest of the Brigade? Simon, Leite, Gimmy, and Darry have been explained; Yoko should show up, as she's still teaching at the island; Viral is supposedly part of the military (according to the epilogue, which you seem to be following) and yet never shows up; Rossiu should have garnered at least a small mention, as he is basically world leader at this point. I know you don't want to take attention away from the main cast, but these things merit at least a token explanation.
1 over 0 chapter 14 . 11/16/2011
Nakim's secrets are revealed! And I was actually surprised!

I feel the need to note at this juncture that Hector bears an uncanny resemblance to Rossiu. Given Nakim's little secret, well...

Also, in reference to a couple chapters ago: Darry kicks ass. She should get more chances to kick ass. You know what I mean?
1 over 0 chapter 5 . 11/6/2011
9:1 odds says that Nakim gets to the MacGuffin first.
1 over 0 chapter 4 . 11/6/2011
The thing with amnesiac characters is that they usually don't have anything to remind them. Nakim has Maosha, though. Why doesn't she tell him? Either he's forgotten rather recently, or she's deliberately keeping things from him.