Reviews for The Right Thing
TallDarkAndHandsome chapter 1 . 1/6
This is amazing - great insight into di carlisle's thoughts!
Amsparz chapter 1 . 1/1
Thanks to recently watching Blackpool for the first time, I could DEFINITELY hear Peter's voice while reading this. It seemed so real! I loved it! There needs to be more Blackpool fics on this site.
luv0817 chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
Love this! I can totally see- and hear him saying this! Beautiful companion piece to the series. :D
WhosInTheAttic chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
I like this. I imagined him eating something throughout the narration.
levele3 chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
wow. I recently discovered the wonder of Blackpool and I think you managed to capture the character of Peter perfectly. very well writen!
radiantbaby chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
There is not enough 'Blackpool' fanfic in the world, so I was very glad to find this. Excellent story! Peter Carlisle is my favorite fictional character of all time and you've done him justice in this piece. :)
WhatTheF-ckHaveYouDoneLately chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
loved this! I just started watching Blackpool and I am totally in love with Peter and Natalie! and just Peter in general of course :D again, loved loved loved it!
Desy chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
I've just recently watched Blackpool for the first time and loved it. I wanted to see it because of Tennant brilliant acting in Doctor Who (and his yummyness of course) but ended loving the entire series. Love the British production - they are so quirky. And I love your character study here. That was exactly what I imagined going trough Peters head. How such principled although unconventional cop abandoned those principles. You really pegged him. And it never came to my mind that he could quit the police force after everything but it makes lot of sense. It's entirely possible that he couldn't see himself as someone deserving to be copper after betraying his principles but that alone shows that he still has them in a way. His internal integrity wasn't compromised it's just that he isn't perfect. He may think that he is selfish in the general but his behavior shows that he isn't usually like that, that this was one of the rare times he did something completely for himself. How he plunges head first into affair with Natalie and gets overwhelmed pretty soon shows he isn't used to be in situations like that. He was very selfish in some parts but that's not his way of living like Ripleys is. Not that Ripley isn't complex character but again who in Blackpool (or life) is. That's one of the best things in this series (besides the songs:).

Well... sorry for ranting at you, i just don't have anyone to talk to about the series.

Again great fanfic and hope you'll write more because it's really a shame that such great series doesn't have more fanfiction. Cheers!

Desy the Croatian fan of Blackpool

ConfusedinTime chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
I love your writing, you know I do. It's gorgeous. Makes me think that when I finally watch Blackpool I'm gonna be disappointed, cause it won't be as awesome as your fics. :)