Reviews for Affair
Trayce chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
Excellent take on 'An Affair to Remember' my sweet!

Especially liked the all the little reference's surrounding their afternoon with his grandmother. I could picture it all straight from the film.

Though the characters did keep switching in my mind from Robert & Kristen to Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr; which, for some reason made it all the more enjoyable.

Am now 3-for-3 with your one-shots. A truly fantabulous way to spend this evening.

Cheers! lemonamour
futuregirl1709 chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
Wow, I so understand why you won! This story both made me cry and made me smile!

Their love is so strong! Even when they didn't know if it was mutual, they were both strong enough to leave their comfortable lives and make a new start. And poor Bella, for getting into an accident when she's rushing to see the man she loves.

My heart broke for both Edward and Bella. For Edward when he was at her appartment and he pretended not to have been at the place they'd first meet again. And for Bella when she didn't feel like she was good enough for Edward and didn't want to guilt him into anything. Those moments made me shed some tears. Very moving!

Another thing I liked was that Victoria wasn't a bad person. She was sincere in her attempt to cheer Edward up, and that's great to see when he was the one that left her. She's a good friend! And maybe James wasn't so bad either, seeing as he didn't totally leave Bella to her own devices after the accident.

Loved the happy ending! Especially that they were content to just be together and that's all they needed.

Great story! Well written! And thank you for writing and sharing!
Twink423 chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
So sweet. Glad they were able to find each other again and be together and happy. :-)
icrodriguez chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
What an absolutely beautiful marriage of our beloved E&B and one the most romantic movies of all time.

The minute differences in both set your rendition apart from the original in very subtle, yet creative ways. I love how in your telling of the story, Edward suspects of Bella's disability thru her behavior alone, confirming it himself by coaxing it out of her.

Simply gorgeous writing my Dear. Definitely going in my vault.
Ziva84 chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
Beautiful!
MsEm chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Love the movie, love this oneshot. Thanks for writing it:)
Rebadams7 chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
A lovely blending of two of my favorite things

Reb
Sdjk chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
So beautiful! Classic and elegant. Thank you.
ericastwilight chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
This was breathtaking. I loved every second of it. Great job on this. Thank you for sharing this story.

Erica
MustangMel1968 chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Great story!
AJ04-Jtrs98 chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
Aww such an emotional one shot...in that there was hurt, angst, pain, loss, forgiveness, love, and happiness. It was fabulous...I just loved it!
sweetmama77 chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
*wipes away a tear* What a beautiful story! Heart-wrenching and heartwarming all at once. I just loved it. And I will read it again and again.

Thank you so much! No wonder you won first place, bb!
ChocolateLover82 chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
I always loved An Affait to Remember, the original, not the one with Warren Beatty ... just no.

Such a sad story with a beautiful ending and I loved that you continue with it a little more and showed us what happened to them after that.

Truly beautiful :-)
harperpitt chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
Aaaaaaw, this is so sweet!
twirob chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
that was simply beautiful thanks for publishing it
125 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »