Reviews for Stained Glass Soul
blind0ptimism chapter 65 . 8/14
Ummmmm wow. Just wow. One of my favorite stories EVER! That slow burn though- so worth it in the end. Devoured this in two days. Loved it! Will definitely check out more of your stories. You are a wonderful writer!
Kay chapter 64 . 6/10
I have never seen anyone write an M in such a touching manner. I absolutely love your style or writing and I can't believe I chose to stay home on my off day reading through all the chapters. I love how you managed to capture their love so beautifully in words️
CarlislexEsmeStan chapter 1 . 6/8
here to check out a story that i’ve seen around the web. I detect good things!
OliviaMillerW chapter 64 . 6/7
Jesus christ this is the most beautiful scene I've ever read in my life!
You are such a good writer!
OliviaMillerW chapter 57 . 6/5
JESUS CHRIST I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LVOE YOU I LOOOOVVEEE YOUUUUUUU I WAITED SO FUCKING LONNGGGGG FOR THIS AND I LOVE IT ITS PERFECT CNA I PLEASE HAVE NOW PETER AND ELIZABETH FILM A MOVIE WITH THIS AS THE SCRIPT PLEASE OMG THIS IS THE PERFECT CARLISLE AND ESME I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW YOU DID IT I FREAKING LOVE YOU THANKS FOR WRITING THIS AHAHAHAHSHSHSHD
OliviaMillerW chapter 48 . 6/4
DEAR FUCKING GOD IM SO EXCITED CAN THEY KISS ALREADY AND CONFESS THEIR LOVE FOR EACH OTHER LIKE NEXT CHAPTER PLLLLEEEEAAASEE
OliviaMillerW chapter 45 . 6/4
CAN THEY KISS AND CONFESS THEIR LOVE TO EACH OTHER ALREADYYYYYYDYSUSUS AHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Godddamn i loved this chapteeeer. Chapter 9 is so fucking romantiiic. And the crickets? Brilliant element. Carlisle under the moon light? I feel dizzy thinking about it.
A Feminist chapter 56 . 5/4
You are a skilled artist. Your descriptive writing is enchanting at best and long-winded at worst, which is classic of romantic literature such as yours. Perhaps it is my own beliefs interfering with my enjoyment of this work, but I found your Esme (note, I say your Esme because I do not find her to match up to the canon Esme) irredeemable in her pathetically obsessive nature. I don’t mean to be harsh, but I honestly found myself disgusted by her. This, then, lead me to dislike Carlisle, simply because he enjoyed her obsession. You also very conveniently have Esme lose ALL memories of her life? Fine, fair enough, even though that’s not at all how it happened in canon, but it does a disservice to women who have suffered things similar to what Esme suffered in her life to have her retain a victimized mindset but have her lose all memory of becoming a victim. For goodness sake, after what she’s been through, if a man grabbed her to try to restrain her she would be downright petrified. While this petrification is unpleasant to witness, it also gives a reason to her apparent desperate need to be protected (a quality which you did NOT dispose of), and makes her more sympathetic to the reader. Your Esme had so few moments in which I LIKED her that I skipped over most of the story (a lot of obsession over how Carlisle has blonde hair like a prince and how he just givesgivesgivesgivesgives and oh he’s essentially god personified) in a futile attempt to find the part where she becomes an independent women and forms her own beliefs. Now, I understand that in the context of the time, women were less independent. BUT that does NOT mean they did not form their own opinions, and shame on you for romanticizing that ideal. That lack of freedom is the precise reason Esme was abused in her human life. Your story essentially claims that as long as your master is kind, it’s nice to be a servant. As someone who has witnessed people forced to bend to a master, I would like to inform you that it is NOT TRUE. I’m sorry if I have offended you, I tried multiple times to dial back my anger, but I eventually found I simply could not. Everything about this story made me angry except for Edward. Edward was cool. Then again I’m not at the end yet (im at the part where Carlisle kisses her forehead after they have a god bonding session), so maybe in the following chapters she has a massive turnaround and suddenly redeems herself by forging a relationship with Carlisle that shows him they don’t need to have the same religious belief to love each other and that while she enjoys his protection, she does not need it, in which case I will happily leave another review apologizing for being presumptuous. At this point, though, I’m mostly reading on to see if the sex scene here is as absolutely revoltingly disturbing, out of character, and obscene as the one you wrote about the lion painting.
Edward is a little shit
Threelace chapter 12 . 1/4
This is gorgeously written and just SO rich with emotion.
giselle-lx chapter 40 . 8/31/2019
It strikes me, and takes my breath away, that the entry is from St. David’s Day, 1921. In my headcanon, something different happened that day (it was the day they first kissed) but that you landed on the same date, with no information from canon, makes it feel like Carlisle and Esme are actually speaking. Saying that *something* happened then. There is some reason they are marking that day, and we’re all just trying to figure it out, since they won’t tell us more than that.

That is utterly profound.
TrueLoveTacos chapter 65 . 8/1/2019
i nonstopped read this! it is the most beautiful thing I have ever read! this will forever be my most favorite fanfic in all of history! i was a literal wreak when they finally got together! i was cryin to days man. it was so beautiful and beautifully written! you have an amazing talent that I wish to possess! Thank you for writing!
ChubWubWub chapter 65 . 1/7/2019
I think of this story from time to time and remember it as the best piece of fiction I’ve ever read, online or otherwise. Your intelligence and mastery over the written word shines through with each and every chapter and it is a pleasure to read. I rarely (if ever) physically respond to the things I read but I went through just about every emotion through this story.
Your Esme is wonderfully complex, your Carlisle is incredibly devout and somehow this endears you to him, and your Edward is the cause for my laughter during this story.
There’s so much I want to say about this story that I feel like I would bore you. But for now, I will say that your writing is poetic; you manage to encapsulate feelings or sensations or anything you want to perfectly.
I am in awe of your patience with this story and can only thank you for giving your time and effort to create I think quite possibly the longest story I know, online anyway.
You should be immensely proud to have produced something so overwhelmingly beautiful.
Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart. This is not the first time reading this story, and I very much doubt it will be the last (this includes Behind Stained Glass, an exquisite companion piece).
Thank you again and I hope I haven’t rambled too much,
Cj (an incredibly enthusiastic uni student desperately procrastinating from the numerous English essays due soon).
Kageyjay chapter 1 . 11/30/2018
I read this over at Ramblings and Thoughts. It was in my favorites there. Just after I reread my favorites, they closed the site. :( I'm glad you're here too.
6,273 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »