Reviews for Long Distance Goodbye
It's at times like this that I realise people don't actually understand those they write about. Or even people in general. Someone who's been trained since such a young age and been though so much of what Cia does shouldn't be anywhere near as damn "pure" as she is. The forced guilt seemingly just because the author wants her to be "good" and that's what good people do is sickening. They have no idea what kind of training someone like this would go though, no idea how the training and indocturnated not thriugh a persons formulative years would affect them. All they do is whine about how it's bad and how anyone good would obviously know that so they force guilt on a character/ person who if they were being written in a way that actually makes sense with their past wouldn't have it. Then again what can you do? There's a reason these people are fanfiction writers and no actual psychologists. The fact that a leader of a group described as assassins is actually looked down up for being cold and ruthless in his job as if being ruthless is somehow an indicator or a traitor or someone who will betray everyone around him is just as bad. Jesus. These stories are just gettin more and more preachy and moral wanking as they go. I hope it ends soon or I'm out.
Gateman chapter 4 . 9/22/2013

DAMNIT BEAMU!
ZonaRose chapter 4 . 7/26/2012
WHAT!

No more?

I will miss it very much. V_V

If you ever decide to come back to it I will be HAPPY to read your Shadowverse again.

Good luck on any story you do.

In Love & Light,

Zona Rose }:-
moop chapter 3 . 6/14/2011
Cannot wait until the next chapter! but it's been so long since i've last read this i think i need to go back and re-read all your ViCia stories.

you ROCK by the way.
DezoPenguin chapter 3 . 6/11/2011
A short but surprisingly meaningful piece. We've now gotten two perspectives on this scene (three if you count the beginning of my "Throwing Light on a Shadow") and it's nice to be able to put things together. I agree with the decision to include this, since it does help to look into Vivio's head. After all, one of the underlying themes of this series (really, even before the "Shadow" matters came out, back in the fluff days) was Vivio's transition from child to adult (and *not* just in the Jail Bait Wait sense!) and this interlude shows her looking at Lutecia's situation, accepting the fact that this is *her* responsibility as Lutecia's significant other (blocking Fate from rushing in, accepting what Chrono said, and taking Lutecia out of there).

More than that, though, is the fact that she is now looking at Lutecia's needs not from an immediate-symptoms problem but in trying to actually understand Lutecia's problems and see how to confront them. To do that, she needs information, hence how she listens to Victor. And whereas "Sunrise" was mostly about Vivio's own feelings-coming to discover the truth of what Lutecia did and how she, Vivio, felt about that-LDG is more about Lutecia's issues and how she can deal with them. Victor confronted them last chapter in one way, and now Vivio is looking at dealing with them in another.

I do think that Vivio is a bit mistaken about the problem, though. I'm not sure that this is necessarily a question of "emotion vs. logic" so much as it is "reacting vs. acting." That is, in "Shadow," Vivio is purely reacting to what she sees in front of her-Lutecia's emotional crisis. But so long as she just keeps treating the symptoms, and not actually looking at the source of the problems-that is, taking her own course of action to attack the real, underlying issues-nothing will really ever get solved. So she's actually thinking clearly and looking at the situation, but I think mislabeling it. On the other hand, it does go hand in hand with Vivio's own relative youth and lack of experience in dealing with major emotional blowups that she would mistake the situation; it's very typical of the young (and, honestly, the not-so-young, else the whole Spock/McCoy superego/id dynamic wouldn't be so pervasive in the media) to view emotion as the opposite of reason/logic, rather than that they go hand in hand with emotion providing different imperatives and premises that influence decisions.

Anyway, this was quite a nice little interlude, and I look forward to the next chapter.
ZonaRose chapter 3 . 6/9/2011
Nice to see an update on this one.

I look forward to the next chapter.

In Love & Light,

Zona Rose };-
Shrodeddrknss13 chapter 3 . 6/9/2011
wow. very interesting that you chose to do Vivio's perspective. I can't seem to find it, but I could have sworn that I've read some Fate/Nanoha interaction where they discuss Vivio's decision to wait and listen. I think it was from Nanoha's perspective? Anyway, I liked getting Vivio's perspective as well.

Great fic so far! Good luck! Looking forward to the next chapter.
Yuri-hime chapter 2 . 4/5/2011
I do so enjoy ur fics centered around Lutecia and Vivio, and this one was no exception~
Sora chapter 2 . 9/7/2010
By the way: I forgot to mention in my original review (the one below *this* one in case you can't figure out who my concealed self is (har har) :p) that I was cheering for Doctor Bonneville when he said "You're *fired*" to Lutecia. Quite a priceless bit of humor to lighten up the mood! XD Also when he called in Storm (baby-sitter indeed!); I think it's pretty obvious that most men in your canon are really crafty, especially when it comes to dealing with the problematic Lulu. Would leaving her alone with Storm qualify as a "Cool And Unusual Punishment"? I'd like to think so. Her saying it's a "low blow" at least seems to suggest it. *snickers*

Did I mention to you that I think Ransam is the most fishy character in this story? I honestly don't think it's a coincidence he pulled her out of inactive duty, taking advantage of the situation and of his knowledge of Lutecia, since I'm sure he bloody *knew* she'd jump at the opportunity to be able to finish the mission that killed the guard's family. He's sly, and not in a good way. He's either part of the drug deal, or he's a rogue/rogue in the making, or if he's neither, then he's at least going to play a pivotal role in this story. There's much he will have to answer to, despite the success of the mission, and this is only emphasized by Hayate's thoughts on Chrono's 'belief' that there could have been an error in the system. There's something bigger going on here, and, annoyingly enough, we can only wait until you feel gracious enough to give us some answers. (:p)

Nanoha's interaction with Vivio at the end of the chapter might be short, but it's also interesting; I don't know if it's just me, but I think it says a lot about her character; that was probably just her overprotective nature kicking in right then. Did she want Vivio to not go with Lutecia, encourage her, warn her, or what exactly? Their short moment is ambiguous, but important, methinks.

Anyhow, *now* I'll take my leave. :3
Fuyu no Sora chapter 2 . 9/7/2010
Okay... So, first of all, the review.

Let me tell you right now, dearie, that your Lulu here is more than just messed up. Seriously, one would think that eight years working in the same place, having to do the same kinds of things over and over again, having to kill, to extortion and do all other kinds of 'evils', so to speak, would have made Lutecia into someone who was used to it and could honestly accept it as part of what being a Shadow entails; yet, she keeps demonstrating time and again that despite being *good* at the job, she also quite literally sucks at it. Not because she can't *do* the job, but because the job *destroys her*. She's drawn herself into a spiral of depression and self-loathing because she can't be a hero of justice like the, ahem, *" "Save all, sacrifice no one" brigade when she's off work."* She's much too kind for this line of work, and she must know that if she keeps going it *will* destroy her. At least what she is right now.

She reminds me, as of right now, of a quite different and quite similar character from another series. Does Archer from Fate/Stay Night ring a bell? He, too, wanted to be a superhero of justice who would be able to save everyone and punish the bad guys while letting all innocents live and be happy. Do look at how he ended up. It's impossible to save everyone, and even less so from a position like Lu finds herself in at the moment. I wonder exactly *why* she remains in her current line of work when she knows perfectly well that she won't last. She has a choice to make here; either she gives up her kindness and hardens her heart, being able to become someone who will mourn the fallen innocent when off duty and move on, or she pulls back from there and chooses a different career path. I quite honestly don't see why she would remain with the NSIS; she's not suited for it and the Shadows could do without a cynical and world-hating person in the line of work. The world keeps hitting her hard, and her determination and, in my opinion, stubbornness keep her from bowing down, but everybody has a breaking point and she's reaching hers rather fast (I daresay she's one foot inside there already). To do what she does, she's going against her own nature; eventually that same nature will rebel against her and she'll hesitate in a crucial moment. What will happen then? Most probably, she'll get killed.

Is she prepared to give herself up to pursue her career or will she be able to save herself in time? I do wonder how this will end.

All in all a very interesting and informative chapter. I'm looking forward to seeing the third chapter and the chat she will have with Vivio. :3

Second of all: You are very evil toward poor Lulu, you know? XD I think that Chrono is a *really* crafty B for having used Vi to 'take care' of getting Lutecia scolded. :p

See you in chapter 3!
DezoPenguin chapter 2 . 9/6/2010
I invented Bonneville? When did I do that? *blinks* And Mozco was working behind the scenes to get you to continue this? Man, I need to send him a gift. Or review the latest chapter of "Infinity" or something.

But enough natter. I think my favorite parts of this were Chrono's sense of humor. I like his sneakiness in that he *only* talked to Nanoha and Fate in the first chapter for the sake of prompting Vivio to get moving to Lutecia's side (canny of him to realize that Vivio is likely to be the best option to get Lutecia to stop her self-destructive antics). And "It's been taken out of my hands," followed by Lutecia's reaction, was priceless.

(I also like how Vivio didn't stop to say a word to anybody else, just marched in, took control of Lutecia, and all but carried her back out, stopping only when Nanoha then physically interposed herself for a moment. Usually, we don't see that kind of total focus in a character except when explosions and weapons fire are going off around them.)

Lutecia's breakdown is a classic case here. She was making some progress towards recovery in "Sunrise," but stupidly allowed her defense mechanisms to get the better of herself and went out into the field (her desire to finish this case and break the drug ring as a way to hide her *own* guilt from herself over the death of the family in "Shadow" by blaming the drug ring over it was pretty much just that-a defense mechanism), which just ended up in smashing down her last shreds of illusion. She can't really hide from it any more-the morass she's been slipping into since Miranda's death (speaking of stories you need to write...) has pretty much hit the terminal stages, and until she can work out what she actually believes and hopes for instead of just *reacting* to stuff, she's going to be unable to do anything, personally or professionally.

I have absolutely no idea what Vivio is going to say to her, either (beyond the obvious "You idiot! Trying to get yourself killed!"). The parallel confrontation between them in the third chapter of "Sunrise" was pretty clear as far as what needed to happen, but this one is not so obvious. I'm therefore looking forward very much to the next chapter!
Moczo chapter 2 . 9/6/2010
My God. I don't know how, but... but... you planned this from the very beginning, didn't you? And you used me as your pawn...!

Very nice chapter. It's always good to get a closer look at Lutecia's thought processes, and as always... geez. Poor kid. I've said it before, no matter how many times she SAYS this is the best way for her to protect everyone, she just isn't heartless enough for this career. And I think Vic has a point; if she's grown into this kind of woman, then the girl she used to be was never as horrible as she thinks.

Still, she clearly has a lot of guilt and a lot issues to deal with, deserved or not. Hopefully Vivio can help out with that, because as things stand, Suicide Watch is looking like a wise precaution for her...
Shrodeddrknss13 chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
wow cool! a new multichapter fic for the ViCia series! hope you can update soon!
Moczo chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
Well, I didn't USED to think you would kill Lu. But Chapters 12 and 13 of 'Shadowfire' have taught me that I can't trust you. If I drop my guard, you'll punch me right in the soul. Right in the soul, I say!

Still, an interesting first chapter. Looking forward to seeing where you take this.
DezoPenguin chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
Yay, you're back! I'm glad to see the series continue, since I'm very interested to see what happens to Lutecia and Vivio post-Sunrise. I'll be interested to see what Chrono has to say; I wonder if Ransam has his own private axe to grind with this case and is willing to burn through anything, even Lutecia's health, in order to get this criminal.

Otherwise, more of the usual. Lutecia gets maimed again (heh, even I gave in to the temptation to use her as a punching bag in "Within..."); I'm surprised that the rookie lived, though. And I'm very interested in learning who got there first and why...