Reviews for Stampede
GenderBender25 chapter 1 . 7/18/2014
Loved it. I kinda want to see the other days of the fair!
Oh, btw, fried oreos. Heaven at first, hell to your stomach latter.
Anon chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Yep, Alberta is basically Texas's Canadian twin. Not only in having ranches and cowboys. Alberta is also Canada's primary petroleum producing province.

Speaking of cowboys not being completely American, it's because Mexico is the first to have vaqueros, 'buckeroos' for cattle ranching. As a result, there is a heavier Rodeo influence in the Southwest states, it's a holdover from Spain and Mexico.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
I've never been to the Calgary Stampede:(. And I live in Edmonton, and my grandpa lives in Calgary!
Sarpndo chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Well, there aren't cowboys in Europe, are there?...it's just America (like the whole American continent (north and south))
Heck, Mexico has awesome cowboys - caballeros!
Anyway, I love the Canadian Pride.
Poor America, that would be super awkward, especially a joke about 9-11. Don't know if I'd be able to take that...
Guest chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
i love going to the stampede this year was pretty awesome the chucks where still awesome even tho the lowered the # of horses plz continue this story i am rly enjoying it :)
Little Miss Penman Of Doom chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Great story, it's very entertaining! But just for the record canadiens don't joke about the twin towers. Canadiens died there as well.
Switzdark.soon chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
At first I was all, 'Canadians don't say "aboot"!'

But then I read on, and decided that your story was awesome enough to ignore that little detail

Thnk you to further broadening my world view (I swear, I learn more off of fanfiction and comics [ever read Scandinavia and the World? -it's funny] then I ever have in school.)
Jen chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
I liked this story! Alberta is basically all prairie so it has a lot of farms and ranches. I actually live about three hours away from Calgary but have unfortunately never been to it's stampede before, thankfully my city has it's own every year. XD

I'll have to look up your other fics X3.
swiggityswinoitscarlino chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
Sigh... I cen't even explain my love for The Stampede. XD I live in Calgary and I go every year... Best thing ever. This year it rained on me through while I was on the drop which was super scary but uber fun. Awesome fic and makes me so excited for next year!
Oni queen chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Alberta really is a little like Texas, heck George Bush came to Edmonton(the REAL capital city of Alberta) and said so himself. He state 'You have oil, you have cattle, your a lot like Texas. Except you speak clearer English.' XD
poke-the-kitty chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
AUGH!

CALGARY IS NOT THE CAPITAL OF ALBERTA! EDMONTON IS!

AWESOME FIC!
Kiesha chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
*grins* As a Calgarian myself, I find this an extra special kind of awesome. I'm assuming you've never been to the stampede, and I've gotta say, you did a pretty good job describing it, butI think you missed the sugar donut things. Those are the best part. For serious.
xxunrealisticxxdreamerxx chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
Damn it xD Oh Calgary, my stupid neighbor, why do you take the fame away from Edmonton? :D GO ALBERTA 3
MeowChan16 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Oh, poor Al- his ego blown to bits. I'm glad that Mattie was worried for him though, and how he decided he shouldn't ruin the fair for Mattie. They're so cute!
kromaki chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Alfred, i want to hug you

you portray him really realistically here, its just so sad to see him like that

i went to the stampede before, and i remembered that it HAILED in the middle of summer O_O