Reviews for Mobile Suit Gundam Alpha
Darktrooper5 chapter 2 . 1/12
Great fic, I see a lot of scenarios waiting to happen since it's in a bigger universe. I like how you remade the characters (cool to see Sleggar pilot a Gundam, which is great fanservice, not the ecchi variety mind you) and describe newtype senses as "electrical currents" passing through the noggin, and in extreme cases, a sober equivalent to an acid trip. Gundam was made in the seventies where drug abuse was a cultural fad, which makes sense. You pretty much set the standards for the portrayal of new type powers in Gundam fics.

It's a big galaxy so if you introduced Kou Uraki from Gundam 0083 only to kill him off, (not that he was well-written/likable character anyway) what other side story characters will show up? For starters I imagine there will be Shiro Amada and the 8th MS Team. Or Anavel Gato: the nightmare of Solomon, and Johnny Ridden: the "so not Char" Crimson Lightning. I'd also love this fic more if you included the two Gundam-killing Zeon commando units like the Cyclops team from Gundam 0080, and (insert dramatic drumroll) the most underrated and my personal favorite Gundam Characters of all time from one of the greatest Gundam games of all time (sorry for the redundancy): the Midnight Fenrir! That's right those forgotten badasses from the forgotten videogame: Zeonic Front. These guys put Char to shame, because like Bernard Wiseman, they were the first people, to kill a Gundam, except they pulled it off not once, but twice without new type powers! And they ALL lived to brag about it at the local bar. Since they spearheaded the successful takeover of North America, no doubt they are known in this fic for doing the same with conquered planets, but with more hospitatility and respect to civilians. If they are encountered in this fic, no doubt their level of experience and tactical coordination, we'll be a nightmare for the "White Base crew," who will survive the encounter by the skin of their teeth. I hope the Zeon's get proper "Zaku IIs" that probably looks a result of The Geara Doga and the Zaku II FZ "Kai" having a love affair.

I also wonder if you plan to have Garma Zabi survive and become a major plot point in the story, considering how his his death contributed to Zeon's loss in the OYW. Don't forget one of the major themes of Gundam is that both sides have plenty of evildoers from the Federation's "patriot act-level" corrupt, bureaucrats who exploit colonists and new types, to Zeon's psycho/machiavellian officers who screw their own men over a shiny vase and in the case of Killing A. Danigan from Gundam 0080: an explosive gore fest. Speak of the devil, I imagine an awesome scenario involving said Zeon commandos and aces betrayed and marked traitors by their superiors and the "White Base crew" is forced to go rogue when powerful Feddie "suits" invest in new type trafficking with the intent of making Amuro and Sayla the "designer products." Now considered mavericks by their respective factions, two enemies will be forced to team up (hopefully with Garma at the helm).

PS: I think Amuro and Nikki Roberto of the Midnight Fenrir would get along well since they can relate to each other in terms of roles.
spirit117 chapter 9 . 12/11/2015
Hey Wing Zero, sorry it took a little while so lets just start with the chapter review before I move on to the 2 story changes you made.

I would have to say I really liked this chapter. It was nice to see that Garma is an actual threat than compared to the anime. Also the Char/Sayla fight was well done they both were able to have a talk that was long overdue.

Ok now lets go on to the 2 major changes that have been made. I won’t lie when I first found out about them I was more than a little annoyed but then I remembered every time you’ve changed your story its always made it better in the end.

The first and probably the most biggest one is the whole human’s evolving on other planets. At first it was a little bit of a stretch but then I think of Star Wars and I’m like what the h#ll it’s not that bad.

The second one is the Inner Powers vs Outer Powers which makes more sense. I kind of ran the numbers and well if you count up all that’s on your wiki its 90 fleets vs 10 fleets already and that’s with it being out of date and not including the Vagen forces either

Keep up the great work.
Aegis chapter 9 . 12/6/2015
Going over you story, I have to say I am starting to notice a difference in Amuro that greatly differs from the original UC series. Character structure, around him, seems to be focused more on his inability to cope with his Newtype abilities; to an extent he would rather shoot himself in the head than continue hearing the screams of the Fallen Jericho. While that intrigues and, dare say, enlightens my curiosity about this new character development, I am concerned as to where this may lead in terms of Depression and/or becoming a Broken Character for Amuro.

As for the story, better than what was produced with 0079. Not to insult what Tomino was going for, but I admire that you did not keep the story confined to Earth like most Gundam series. Combining the ideas of Star Trek and Gundam opens up new possibilities for this Story to expand and solidify (and I mean that in the way of excellent plot structure). I do find it, sometimes, hard to follow with how big the chapters stretch to; but don't take it as an insult nor change how you write.

You take the time and effort to go into every detail of a situation, location, action, emotion and character thought. You hardly see something like that EVER in Fanfiction dot net; the examples I could show you would fill a Dictionary...

Anyway, thanks for the Imaginatory Universe you created for us to enjoy.

Ja Ne!

P.S. Ignore the flamers and trolls; not worth getting annoyed over. Also, are we going to see some Crossbone references later?
gmpriscess.s chapter 1 . 11/29/2015
5 years for now, awesome story!
Juubi-K chapter 9 . 11/15/2015
I finally found the time to do a proper review.

A suitably dramatic battle, with an interesting contrast between the drama of the Deikun children's duel and Sleggar's more down-to-earth perspective. I found the encounter between Casval/Char and Artesia/Sayla particularly meaningful; the siblings now enemies, fighting a battle neither of them particularly wants, yet made inevitable by their choices. Casval seeks to protect his sister by taking on the burden of revenge (and maybe his own ambitions?) himself, while Artesia acts for herself, preferring to fight alone as a Federation soldier than sully herself by fighting under Zeon colours.

It's good to see Garma at last, though I have a sneaking suspicion that his desire to prove himself in battle is going to lead him to a bad end. I was also pleased to see your faction list at the end; I wonder what role these myriad nations will play in the events to come.

Another fine chapter.
KnighteWolfe chapter 9 . 10/27/2015
Wow. Been waiting for this chapter and the newest Meggido Chapters for so long I had to go back and reread these particular stories. And I am glad I did. I had missed a chapter of Meggido and had to get caught back up. Keep up the good work!

~&~&~

Looks like Amuro had his ass in a sling for a bit of this chapter. I enjoyed the way that showed that even though Amuro is a Sierra Hotel MS pilot, he's still got a lot to learn and he learns that there are more Zeon Aces out there. also enjoyed the battle between Artesia and Casval. Though it was expected, I was quite sure you were going to wait until later. Kudos to you for addressing that fight early on in the story. Can't wait to read the next chapter of both this and Meggido.

KW
Lone Gundam chapter 9 . 10/27/2015
Top quality mech action as always. I like what you did with how the war works, it makes more sense than the previous line and I see you had Sayla as the Valkyrie of Riah again. (or was that a typo?)
Now the only question is; which Star Nations are Earth-sprung and which ones aren't?
Gaby chapter 9 . 10/25/2015
Great,Hope to see more info about the other Star nations.
Aegis Khaos chapter 9 . 10/24/2015
Alright, I have a tad more time, so let me add more thoughts. The combat overall in this chapter felt particularly well written in general overall, be it the MS fights, or even the Ark Royal defending itself, complete with surprise attacks from both Zeon and Feds. Perhaps it's all that time spent writing your novel or whatever, but it feels particularly fleshed out. I think the only little thing I have about the chapter happens to be the Char and Sayla fight. I mentioned it was my favorite moment; at the same time, just as I was left hanging the moment Sayla's Gundam fired up, we see nothing afterwards and end up straight at the end of their battle. I would've been curious to see how that fight went since then. Other than that, been a long time coming.
Almighty Imaginative Craziness chapter 9 . 10/25/2015
Can't say I'm one hundred percent happy that the storyline is constantly being changed, that Sunrider game seems to do fine in an all Human universe regardless of my own feelings on alien life, but I got to admit, Garma and Amuro's fight sounded good. I take it that Teabolo doesn't exist in this world, otherwise Sayla would be a bit more calmer. Her confrontation with someone like Miharu might be interesting to look at. Of course, you'd have to introduce Miharu for real first. I discovered a way to block another account not too long ago. Maybe you can use that for those hecklers.
Aegis Khaos chapter 9 . 10/23/2015
Yeah, been a long time since I've seen a new chapter up for this fic. Pretty solid chapter as usual, with my personal favorite portion being Sayla and Char's encounter. It's been a very long time coming, and compared to the TV series, this one was definitely charged with emotion. Quite the family reunion. As for Garma versus Amuro, I like this new Garma alot. Pompous prick, yet somehow in a good way. And, yeah, I felt Amuro's annoyance while reading this. I'd say more, but I'm tight on time at the moment. But anyways, keep it up.
flayjunior15 chapter 2 . 10/22/2015
"open mind" crap, their own comments on their chapters say otherwise, there qu be pretty dumb not to realize it. And you did not know me to tell me that, asshole.
hydra man.EXE chapter 9 . 10/22/2015
After reviewing the story more than once (took awhile), I can see and understand where you are going with the main character. Comparing him to the real Amuro from the UC series would be a terrible thing to do since how you portray him and his condition compared to what Tomino tried to accomplish is entirely different and I can guess you know more about this from experience.

Your story is more descriptive and informative about the setting, background and current action plot compared to most stories I've read on . How the story is designed, like something out of Star Trek, sounds better than having to compress and compact the battles of humans with just Earth and Space.

Your story introduces an ideal of variety when it comes to the Gundam universe. I will admit, I cannot grasp the ideas of the Star Nations because they each represent a different Gundam series. Plus, each one has its own background and character; so it makes it hard for someone like me to see something like this fit into your story. However, don't take it as something big; I would like to see more involvement of the Star Nations later in the chapters.

As an FYI, ignore the kook that insulted you. He doesn't know you personally and you don't know him; his words mean nothing. After speaking with you in person, I can easily tell the world how open-minded and humbled you are about what you write and what you do.
ZeroNu chapter 9 . 10/18/2015
First Thank you so much for a new Chapter! Second ... after reading your note at the end of this chapter I know I need to reread the hole story ... Which is not that bad I guess since this is at the top of my most looked forward to stories to have updated. In regards to the chapter itself I liked what you did at the end for saving the Ark Royal so she now has a small task force to help her on the way to earth. Also will the Gundams get upgraded or customized over time like in Astray or is that something you plan to keep to yourself? The reason I ask is because of what is said in chapter 8 how the V project is only at its first stage. All in all thank you for all the hard work you put into this and I cant wait to see the next chapter and see how the chase continues.
flayjunior15 chapter 8 . 10/18/2015
I told you not to read anything you send me, and I read your message and I'm interested in your insults or "explanations" geo-laden and vanity when I attack. Quit that. Even if you keep your cowardice to put comments or answers in private. Me you sweat. I do not even follow the story interests me, yourself remove me off, the Dropping now better.