Reviews for Mobile Suit Gundam Alpha
Linkonpark100 chapter 3 . 11/9/2016
To be fair, I can only blame the writers for screwing Kou over.
Devil Rebel chapter 10 . 9/2/2016
Glad to see an update for this. I know you have an original work that you're trying to push ( good luck with that by the way), but I can't help but love the concept you have here. I've said before I can't wait to see more of the other factions like sanc kingdom and orb get featured and that still stands. Keep it up man
FlashFire705 chapter 10 . 8/31/2016
Do you plan on doing the other universal century story lines that take place after the original series?
Trevor X chapter 9 . 8/12/2016
Just picked this up recently; I don't really read much in the UC timeline, since I haven't watched or read anything greatly related to that universe. I began my anime watching career with Gundam Wing(AC) and it remains one of my first loves even though I haven't seen it in years, so I was somewhat amused to see references in your tale regarding that in the form of the Sanq kingdom. Though you definitely had a reasonable tie in and logic to explain it, so I'm looking forward to seeing what else materializes in that vein.

I like how you've brought in so many characters and the care that you've taken to expand the world and the various suits used in it. The author notes are sometimes the most interesting part about this as you explain the world build.

That being said, there is one thing that I wanted to address that's become annoyingly repetitive in this tale. No, not the Zaku and Gundam battles - because the Zaku has pretty much holds an edge over the Federation's MS, the Zeon Empire would not particularly look to advance their designs until they come upon something that can break their currently fleets. So until that happens, you're kind of trapped on that front.

What I want to address is the overuse of the derogatory terms "Feddie" and "Zeek". Put simply, I realize that these are included in the story to provide a bit of flavor. However, if one overuses a spice, it begins to overpower everything else and can ruin the entirety of the dish. If there was no alternative to using the derogatory, then I could understand the situation. However, that is not the case here.

Thoughts and words from most of the captains and commanders could reflect terms such as "Federation", "Empire", etcetera, and should be the norm outside of those characters who are more 'rough n tumble' in their characterization. In other circumstances, other terms would be more likely.

For example, in this chapter, Amuro faces Garma and "can tell that the Zeek in the Zaku" opposed to him is "no ordinary Zeek". Um, duh, he's in a mobile suit and outside in space fighting you. Of course he's not an ordinary member of the Zeon Empire. He's a pilot. And this is what you're trying to drive home here and failing because of the use of terms. Garma is not an ordinary PILOT like most of the ones that Amuro has faced before. And that is something that he would be able to discern from the battle, unlike the aforementioned derogatory title, which should have been self evident merely from piloting a Zaku in the first place.

Anyway, I've enjoyed reading this tale so far, and I hate to see it falling short in this area, especially given the amount of time and effort put in to place with the rest of the narrative.

Signing off now,

Trevor X
larrynguyen0096 chapter 10 . 7/6/2016
A really good read so far,Cant wait to see the Midnight Fenrir Corps in action
spirit117 chapter 10 . 6/21/2016
Hey Wing Zero it’s great to see another chapter of Mobile Suit Gundam Alpha out. First off before I get into the chapter I wanted to say that I did notice that Megiddo went thru a massive revamp/update I promise to get to it soon.

Now as for the chapter I would have to say the highlight would have to be the talk between Sleggar and Sayla. I’m glad to see that Sayla decided to come clean with who Char is because the truth of the matter is Sleggar does have a right to know. He’s risking quite a bit keeping her secret that a court martial would be the least of his problems. But it’s only a matter of time before other people start finding out and that’s going to be interesting to read.

Keep up the great work.
Tyrchon chapter 10 . 6/21/2016
I am glad to see this story updated. While there wasn't a great deal of plot progression in this latest chapter, I can still appreciate it for what it is. Increasing the depth on some of the characters to fit in with your story while still paying homage to their canon roots was very well done. I can also see that you used this chapter to start laying out the groundwork for plot progression in what will be, for lack of a better term, the "next arc." I can't wait to see what else you have in-store for us as the story progresses.
Juubi-K chapter 10 . 6/19/2016
So good to see this one again!

So, Sleggar has heard the truth about Sayla's intentions. He took it fairly well, I thought. Though I have a sneaking suspicion that this is not the end of the matter between them.

I confess I am curious as to why Sleggar is having nightmares about an air battle between Chinese and American fighters. A nice little bit of backstory to grab my attention.

Nicely done all round.
John7Chris chapter 10 . 6/13/2016
Oh, hey! A new update! Being that this is one of my favorite Gundam fics, I always consider it a treat to get new episodes-er, chapters. I don't know if they'll fit, but have you considered anything from Ironblooded Orphans, the new Gundam show? At first glance, Kudelia and her boys might fit somewhere, but on the other hand, maybe not. Still, it'd be interesting to see what they could do in the galactic scene. Perhaps not that much, but as guerillas and sappers, might be useful to deal with Gjallarhorn, assuming it's an ally or organization of Zeon. Maybe they can join up with Judai's group, assuming you're getting that far ahead.

As always, I look forward to more!
ZeroNu chapter 10 . 6/13/2016
Yet again a great chapter with so many things to think about with how they might affect things in the coming days for the Ark Royal and crew. I have to agree with what you said in regrades to infinite possibilities like how you made it that Amuro is not smitten with Matilda or how Sleggar knows about Sayla's past all of the little things come together to make a great read for me a least. Also I guess I have to add when you put in the point about Amuro waiting till a specific event happens before opening that data chip makes me wonder what it might be since Amuro has already got the first tier of the Gundam unlocked in a since or maybe its that he has to be able to do the same thing at will? It could also be like I said that Amuro has only unlocked the first tier of the Gundam's mysteries and there is more to come that make the White Devil even more feared? Just one request as a add on to the story or just a little omake could you show what the other nations think about the White Devil did at Jericho?
Aegis Khaos chapter 10 . 6/12/2016
Seriously, didn't realize how long since I've read this till I checked the last time I reviewed it. It's been a long time coming.

Anyways, solid chapter. Liking your version of Matilda. In spite of the leers she is getting, she strikes me more of a captain in this story than the series. Also found her interaction with Amuro amusing, especially with her checking him out. As for Amuro himself, liking how his relation with Fraw is addressed, especially given this version's phobia of being touched.

Then there is Sleggar confronting Sayla. Nice to see just how much Sleggar knows of her true identity to the point where Sayla reveals her nobility and Sleggar addressing her by her true name.

Finally, it is nice to see the 8th MS Team being fleshed out the way they are here, particularly Shiro. Almost wish there was a fanfic of the Alpha-verse of the team. Would like to see the eventual reunion between him and Aina.

Anyways, again, solid chapter. Looking forward to more.
SulliMike23 chapter 10 . 6/12/2016
Azure Nebula huh? Does it have trace amounts of sirillium gas? So now we know the planet Shiro came from. But how does Aina fit in? But I'm guessing we'll be seeing her soon since Garma mentioned her brother Ginias earlier. Anyway, I look forward to more of this epic space opera.
thefalconsoul126 chapter 9 . 4/24/2016
I'm not nearly connoisseur and fan of Gundam, I have seen few of his series the truth. read this story I liked; as equally disgusted. Being sincere admire your dedication to write scenarios, characters, etc ... they are well written and technology science fiction, but deep down is a cheap copy of Star Trek, one of the series of science fiction most boring I've ever seen. But that you gringos (Americans) seem to like. Verla combined with the Gundam universe makes me frown, but I can ignore how boring is star trek after something that disgusts me even more. And they are cheap insults and criticism of Gundam and their fans.

It is good that everyone has their opinion, because for tastes there are colors. The problem is to have that huge ego and arrogance, as if they were stupid treat or something. What's fights figure out what being or universe of Gundam is better? That is something every fandom is animated television series, video games, movies or even literary works, always have, because thanks to the Internet it has become massive! It has both its drawbacks and disadvantages. At least from what I've noticed, fans of Gundam dedicated to discuss more among themselves and not with anyone else, some fans like naruto, bleach, one piece, marvel, dc, dedicated to attack other companies, other jobs , other media and outside such work. I do not know, but at least do not deserve as rain shits these, especially someone who hypocritically seems a fan of Gundam, but not so apparently denote comments.
And that them to change the images of the character designs created by veteran and award winners, eminences and Yoshikazu Yasuhiko artists such as. Putting new pictures of anime characters with quite generic designs, I think a lack of respect for the truth. Do you also hate the character designs? Do you hate almost all of Gundam perhaps? Why you write it in given case? Does your egotism makes you believe superior to every fan of Gundam, or even their creators, and you think to write something "that exceeds"? The worst thing is that often you turn to the typical clichés of Gundam is towards entertainment and you do believe you do something different or "better" when you only take one already preset idea and try to change it or whatnot, believing that with that you change the whole pattern, but it is more false. We have the laser colony, the Newtype powers, etc. clichés that I like too, but not really written by hypocrites.
The worst are the so-called Gundam fans who praise you here, not writing or when well designed are the characters, but believe your story that "best type" that the creators of Gundam, especially those who had so many problems in the seventies to kick-start a series, to change the Japanese mentality of the time, that the drawings were only children. And even though the first series had its reissues and updates and better in Mangas and novels, it is still the original animated series that is worth and be insulted in this way seems to me vile and low. Although the case of gringos (Americans) whose lively culture did not take off until the nineties, and still selling junk animated when in Japan, anime took off and took on more mature tones, and into popular on their own thanks to films like Akira. So have that as height and arrogant attitude is a thing of their culture, which is hated a good way to global way, for those who are insulted and attacked so vile for you.

Unless it now seems that this story again seems to be copied from the universe of star trek, trying to expand, putting to shoehorn all other universes of Gundam in this story, like a multi-crossover shoddy fanfic, or super game massive robot wars concerned. Therefore get insurance alone were small and mediocre appointments of the other works, and history never find its strong point was well written re-edition of the original series but with a larger universe. Therefore I prefer to read my original Gundam novels, which continue wasting time reading something written follow, such as arrogant, pretentious, hypocritical, narcissistic and egotistical.

A pity Gundam messages and also trying to convey in yourself in your work, on the understanding of people and the search for peace in the midst of the horrors of war will never be achieved with that attitude. Sure you will answer me insulting, offending me, or saying something trying to make you see "superior mental shape" to me; but that did not matter, just make it clear the type of person you are.
Sparxthehedghog chapter 9 . 4/4/2016
This is an awesome fic. It really fleshed out the original Gundam series, and fixes a lot of holes to make it a mor believable storyline. I eagerly await the next installment.
Darktrooper5 chapter 2 . 1/12/2016
Great fic, I see a lot of scenarios waiting to happen since it's in a bigger universe. I like how you remade the characters (cool to see Sleggar pilot a Gundam, which is great fanservice, not the ecchi variety mind you) and describe newtype senses as "electrical currents" passing through the noggin, and in extreme cases, a sober equivalent to an acid trip. Gundam was made in the seventies where drug abuse was a cultural fad, which makes sense. You pretty much set the standards for the portrayal of new type powers in Gundam fics.

It's a big galaxy so if you introduced Kou Uraki from Gundam 0083 only to kill him off, (not that he was well-written/likable character anyway) what other side story characters will show up? For starters I imagine there will be Shiro Amada and the 8th MS Team. Or Anavel Gato: the nightmare of Solomon, and Johnny Ridden: the "so not Char" Crimson Lightning. I'd also love this fic more if you included the two Gundam-killing Zeon commando units like the Cyclops team from Gundam 0080, and (insert dramatic drumroll) the most underrated and my personal favorite Gundam Characters of all time from one of the greatest Gundam games of all time (sorry for the redundancy): the Midnight Fenrir! That's right those forgotten badasses from the forgotten videogame: Zeonic Front. These guys put Char to shame, because like Bernard Wiseman, they were the first people, to kill a Gundam, except they pulled it off not once, but twice without new type powers! And they ALL lived to brag about it at the local bar. Since they spearheaded the successful takeover of North America, no doubt they are known in this fic for doing the same with conquered planets, but with more hospitatility and respect to civilians. If they are encountered in this fic, no doubt their level of experience and tactical coordination, we'll be a nightmare for the "White Base crew," who will survive the encounter by the skin of their teeth. I hope the Zeon's get proper "Zaku IIs" that probably looks a result of The Geara Doga and the Zaku II FZ "Kai" having a love affair.

I also wonder if you plan to have Garma Zabi survive and become a major plot point in the story, considering how his his death contributed to Zeon's loss in the OYW. Don't forget one of the major themes of Gundam is that both sides have plenty of evildoers from the Federation's "patriot act-level" corrupt, bureaucrats who exploit colonists and new types, to Zeon's psycho/machiavellian officers who screw their own men over a shiny vase and in the case of Killing A. Danigan from Gundam 0080: an explosive gore fest. Speak of the devil, I imagine an awesome scenario involving said Zeon commandos and aces betrayed and marked traitors by their superiors and the "White Base crew" is forced to go rogue when powerful Feddie "suits" invest in new type trafficking with the intent of making Amuro and Sayla the "designer products." Now considered mavericks by their respective factions, two enemies will be forced to team up (hopefully with Garma at the helm).

PS: I think Amuro and Nikki Roberto of the Midnight Fenrir would get along well since they can relate to each other in terms of roles.