Reviews for Over the Horizon
Hastur chapter 10 . 11/24
Is this ever going to get updated? It's very promising, but has been abandoned for a long time - bit disappointing, that.
jag389 chapter 10 . 9/2
another good story. hope you go back to writing one day. like all the stories you have written. best wishes.
Difdi chapter 8 . 8/6
You have a serious error in this chapter.

Why would Adama not know what a PhD is, when the Colonies use that letter arrangement for doctors? Doctor Cyrus used those same letters when identifying himself at the checkpoint to enter the Sunken Palace in an earlier chapter.
HMaxMarius chapter 5 . 7/29
He he...

Hmmm Trinium armor... rail-gun... able to shoot down small starships with a single round.

Bolo MkI

Birth of the Dinochrome Brigade! D
Alkeni chapter 10 . 7/6
Well shit.

I don't know how I managed to not review this chapter last time I read it but this chapter, like all the fic, was great.
KzintiKiller chapter 9 . 6/23
Guys, you have got to pick this up again. I'm beggin' ya. This is easily in my top three BSG XOs. The idea of it being unfinished makes me weep bitter salty tears.
PascalDragon chapter 10 . 6/18
What an amazing story! I really enjoyed your extensive style of writing especially considering that this is a group effort.
There was however the one or other inconsistency. For example in chapter 8 ( counting) Daniel remarks in his inner monologue that he'd need to talk with Vala as Anthem had mentioned Qetesh. Yet she isn't mentioned anymore further down and later on Daniel scratches his head regarding Athena's remark of the Ori. Since he had already mentioned Glastonbury and in the first SGC scene it's mentioned that Landry has already spend quite some time there I'd assume that this is set somewhere along the 9th or 10th season, maybe even after the 10th...
I'd really like if you'd continue this, but after 5 years of neglect I don't have that much hope... :/

Stalyon chapter 10 . 2/4
Great story! It is too bad the story stopped just as it was getting good.
KzintiKiller chapter 10 . 10/12/2014
Without a doubt one of the most interesting pieces of military SF I've seen in a long time. Throw in the crossover and I'm hooked. I hope you come back to it.
flint02 chapter 10 . 8/15/2014
This story is very good.
You seem to be the last author of the writing group that still has an account here. I'm very sorry to see this. You all have put so much work in to this. All the OCs you created and the various backstories for Colonial history you fabricated. When you brought in Langara I had the feeling you had planed ahead for a long story and knew where you wanted to go.
My only critique is that the chapters are a littel to long. You could have easily splitt every chapter into 2 and still have a long chapter for us readers.
Hopefully you continue this story for it really deserves it.
Oswald chapter 10 . 7/30/2014
Are you ever going to update this? Or, failing that, start a new fic?
john777 chapter 10 . 6/15/2014
good, keep writing
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 10 . 5/3/2014
As far as Stargate/Galactica crossovers go, this one definitely ranks as one of the best I’ve encountered; nice job.
Not only do you have both sides operate as relative equals without taking the initial misunderstandings too far- the Colonials seem to traditionally overreact while assuming that the new arrivals are Cylons, things like that- but you clearly take your time and put considerable thought into how everything goes, starting with such interesting twists as the Indiana-Jones-esque take on the discovery of that temple and going on to present a fascinating turn of events as Adama is assigned a fascinating mission that will change the fates of at least thirteen worlds without him knowing it.
With the colonials discovering Kobol’s coordinates and hints of the Clava Thessara Infinitas, you quickly created some fascinating ties to Stargate mythology among Colonial records even before revealing that there was a City-Ship on Kobol, and while your use of OCs made things a bit complicated- bold move, don’t get me wrong, but too many could make it harder to appreciate the story where we read primarily to see the characters we already know in new situations- in general your characters all worked out well, providing such interesting additional details for the backgrounds of our more established characters such as Racetrack’s reasons for enlisting or giving Belzen a chance to stand on his own away from Cain, as well as exploring your own OCs without overshadowing the ones we know.
The political situation on Earth and the wider galaxy might be complicated to follow at times, but the Hybrid’s prophecy creates the potential for a fascinating resolution to that issue as the thirteen tribes prepare to come together ‘in the light of the gate’ even before Helo and Boomer discover the SGC’s presence on Kobol, leading into an awkward confrontation that is nevertheless satisfactorily involved before it degenerates into a pointless conflict (I’m not a particular fan of those stories where Earth and the Colonials go to war; most of the time it just seems to be for religious reasons, and Adama can’t be the only person in the military who’s not bothered enough about religion to participate in a war over it).
That said, Daniel’s talks with Anthem regarding the question of Earth-VS-Kobol as humanity’s birthplace and their subsequent discoveries were fascinating, neatly fitting into what is known of both without contradicting either, and Earth’s thoughts on the political consequences of allying with the Twelve Colonies were also interesting (Particularly regarding the Jaffa; you clearly put a LOT of thought into how to balance the SGC’s natural desire to be loyal to their former allies- particularly with SG-1’s ties to Teal’c and Bra’tac- versus the obvious concern that the Jaffa will become a larger military power).
With this last chapter balancing such moments as the amusing thoughts on how the Twelve Colonies might have PERCEIVED their reunion with the Thirteenth Tribe versus the reality to the more dramatic moments as the Cylons strike early, it’s safe to say that the story is about to get VERY interesting…
Keep up the good work; can’t wait for more!
(If nothing else, I wonder how the Cylons will cope when they learn just how advanced Earth’s active spaceships actually are, particularly if their favoured computer viruses prove ineffective against ‘foreign’ computers…)
anja.quickert.9 chapter 10 . 4/17/2014
Guest chapter 10 . 12/17/2013
UPDATE.. Is this fic dead?