Reviews for Long Days Upon the Land
Sammysmissingshoe chapter 4 . 4/10/2014
this entire series is amazing! i love everything about it!
gidgetgal9 chapter 4 . 3/16/2010
What a harsh reality for the boys to face- but realistic. I don't see much hope for John and lots of pain for the boys to come. Awesome job with this episode even if you had me cringing most of the way through! LOL Great writing can make the reader uncomfortable and this certainly did. :0)
gidgetgal9 chapter 3 . 3/16/2010
Another angst filled chapter. Again it was hard for me to read just because I hate seeing the boys pitted against each other even when it makes sense in the story. I'm a wuss that way! :0)

Another great cliffy ending!
gidgetgal9 chapter 2 . 3/16/2010
This was definitely an angsty chapter. Poor Dean - trying to adjust to his dad calling and dealing with Sam too.

To be honest, just personally I hate when the boys are on opposite sides and have such negative feelings towards each other.. it was hard to read but... I get it. I get that it was a realistic way for both of them to react to this situation.

It was a really great chapter but I did find a small glitch...

Chapter one had Sam waking...

Sunlight shone into the room, falling on the sleeping figure on the couch. The room looked old and worn. Though Bobby was not a fastidious cleaner by any stretch of the imagination, the room was even more untidy than normal. There was an assortment of weaponry spread out on the far wall near the fireplace, as well as haphazard collection of clothing spilling out of two duffle bags lying at the base of the couch. Some of the room's former glory was still visible through the patches of faded flower pattern wallpaper still on the walls.

The couch was too small for the slumbering figure, making it an uncomfortable bed. Sam had outgrown it years ago, but some habits died hard. In some ways, Sam supposed Dean was trying to be a good big brother by giving Sam the couch. In truth, Sam was pretty sure he'd prefer the floor.

So we have the canon version of where the boys stay/sleep when they are at Bobby's house but in this chapter...

Dean gets upset and goes upstairs...

In all the years they'd been coming to Bobby's, the place never really changed. Sure, sometimes it was messier than others, and the selection of books out and about was always changing, but beyond that, it was about as consistent as anything had been in their childhood. The spare room where he and Sam slept had the same clapboard paneling and faded orange shag carpeting. It would be an interior decorator's nightmare, but Dean had always liked the ambiance it gave.

Especially in the weeks following their father's death. With the Impala in Bobby's shop, this had been the closest Dean had to home.

It wasn't much comfort now.

You guys went fanon with the boy's staying/sleeping in a spare room. It did pull me from the story for a bit making me go back to chapter one to make sure I had read it right the first time.

I totally get how that happened. Working with another writer does provide it's own challenges so slip ups can happen easily. And the two of you have bended your writing styles so well here that I can't tell the difference which is an awesome accomplishment.

And the glitch made me smile because it is an internal debate that I have with myself. I've always written that the boy's stay with Bobby in a spare room. I like the idea that he would have a room set up for them but... now we have canon where they sleep on the couch/floor so now I'm not sure which way to go the next time I have them at Bobby's house. Your glitch shows me that it works well both ways and it really gonna be just a personal choice in the end! :0)

Great build up chapter!
gidgetgal9 chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
First I must say how much I like that you guys are tying past stories in with the new ones. In fact I think vs is doing a better job at that than the actual show.

The time with Timothy inside Sam had to scar him and I really like how you covered that here.

Now for the creepy first part, talk about sucking a reader in only to find out it's John! What a shock for the reader and the boys. You covered their shock well in this chapter.

I liked the mystery with the worm pipe and having the research done with Bobby.

The end was a chilling but perfect note to end the chapter on. John calling Dean! Wow!
mousefiction chapter 4 . 3/7/2010
Yay I finally finished this one! Great job: I really enjoyed it!
mousefiction chapter 3 . 3/7/2010
Man, it's been taking me a long time to read this fic...

Great job!
mousefiction chapter 2 . 3/1/2010
Good job!
Nana56 chapter 4 . 2/26/2010
This is so sad! It breaks my heart to see John like this and hurting his boys. Making like he was killing Sam and then threatening Dean. Wah!

Those poor boys! They don't really know what's up with each other at this point and now they also have to figure out what's up with their dad. I'm hoping John's not beyond saving.

They kept mentioning that John had been brought back from nothing since his body had been burned. The same can be said for Sam since Dean burned his body as well. I guess this is part of the mystery arc for the series.

This was a great episode. Gripping right from the beginning. Nicely done. :)
mousefiction chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
I feel bad for Larry; man was just doing his job.

"I also saw you come back from the dead, so should I start asking if you're evil?" ...Ouch...

That was a good way to end it, too.

Great job!
IritIlan chapter 4 . 2/26/2010
Wow, poor Dean he really did believe that somehow he could have his father back... I wish it could have happened... But seems that happiness is NOT in Dean & Sam future...

Wonder what this 'John' what ever he really is plan his? For a minute there is actually sound that he somehow means to protect them... Until he almost killed Sam, of course.

I'm a little confused about the seal thing, was it mentioned in the stories before and I missed it? Did the demons wanted Sam and dean and than brough to life back because it was a seal?
annie chapter 4 . 2/26/2010
Exciting finish to this story! I'm looking forward to your next story.
friendly chapter 4 . 2/25/2010
great job.. can't wait for the next one..
Von chapter 3 . 2/24/2010
Aww, poor Dean. His desperate faith is gonna get him MESSED. UP.
avidreader33 chapter 3 . 2/24/2010
Great story, very original. Love you last line in chpt 2, John would scare the crap out of me. Love your hopeful Dean and scared Sam. Awesome! keep it coming.