Reviews for asleep and oblivious
crimsontears82684 chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
This fic surprised me. Usually in HP fandom infidelity fics about this couple it's either about Ron cheating and being an ass about it or Hermione cheats but it's all because Ron's an ass, so it's perfectly OK. This is one of the first fics I've read that has Ron in a sympathetic light in view of Hermiones infidelity. After reading this, I went and read the fic it was based on. While the original fic was good, there was almost no show of emotion from Hermione regarding her insult towards Ron. Your fic showed the other side with a proper gambit of emotion that I would expect from him. I also liked that you gave the fic a definitive ending. Thanks for a good read!
Sony Boy chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
I want to hit Hermione with a crowbar and let her bleed.

Poor Ron. He grew up, became a better man. And the one he loved, a part of his motivation to better himself, does this.

Oh gods.
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
very good, but was hermoine cheating or did hermoine think ron was. i dont understand. great story.
Rameelia chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Oh, this is heartbreaking. I really enjoyed your portrayal of mature!Ron, who's actually working at his relationship and trying to become better rather than just bemoaning the female psychology or some other rubbish in the "Ron is just a buffoon and Hermione deserves better" vein of some other fics. I also liked the build-up to the culmination. Even though the summary reveals everything and the entire story is basically Ron reflecting, there's this underlying sense of conflict and inevitable catastrophe. Very intense.

Thanks for sharing!
SmileAndConfusePeople chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
I love how Ron and george were there for each other when the other needed someone to lean on. You've written Ron as a mature yuoung man with a good head on his shoulders and a brain rattling around inside. So different to the way he is normally portrayed.
mackgirl chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
I went ahead and read this without reading the other story, and now I have to go read the other story. Not because I couldn't understand what was going on but because I have to read Hermione's side now. I really enjoyed this, and I loved how George was there for Ron like Ron had been there for George at the beginning of the story. Great job.
goldeneyedgirl247 chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
I really liked this. Although I can't see Hermione doing something like that, you totally made me believe she did, and I felt Ron's pain throughout the story. He was written thoughtfully and maturely, which is so much better to read than when he's dumb and immature. Well done. You rock.
xabandonedaccountx chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Although I believe Hermione would never do that I still enjoyed reading your story. You've written Ron as a mature adult and not the silly boy he once was, I like how he was trying to be what Hermione needed. It shows how much he's grown and matured
Sara Winters chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
I know "me likey" is not only inadequate, but it easily qualifies as a stupid review. So I'll try to go over this story as if I'm reading it for the first time. Hopefully I'll be able to give you a decent idea of why I loved it.

I have to admit, I never read the story that inspired this. I think it's more that I don't want to read anything justifying what Hermione did from her POV. I'd rather just deal with Ron's pain and his reaction than feeling any sort of sympathy for Hermione.

The first thing that strikes me is how much Ron has grown up in this piece. Obviously, the war did that to a lot of people. And maybe it's because he and Hermione spent a lot of time dancing around each other. But I can see a definite change in his attitude even in something small as the way he takes care of the house, in spite of the expected teasing. Those little, thoughtful things like making sure dinner was made for her are so much more mature than anything he ever did with Lavender, it makes me wonder if there was more to him when he was in school than anyone - including Hermione - realized.

And it makes me sad, here and in the books, that Ron felt he had to improve himself in order to deserve her. Throughout the books, he constantly compares himself to Harry because he feels that he always falls short of the person closest to him. Even in the last book, his biggest insecurity is that he'll fall short in Hermione's eyes when compared to Harry. That he would continue that feeling through his adult years is heartbreaking. Especially given that, in the end, he had nothing to prove. He'd spent so much time trying to become who she deserved, that it feels like he never took the time to ask him if she was what he deserved.

And I'm amazed by his self-control at the end. An even voice, a direct demand that she leave - I would've been screaming like a manian. I suppose that's more proof that he's grown up a lot. Another Ron might have broken something other than a whiskey tumbler and let the whole neighborhood know what was happening. There was a lot of dignity in the way he ended it, in spite of the particulars of the situation.

I'm always serious when I say I love your writing. And this is definitely one of your best. It comes from such a real, raw place that it's easy to imagine getting something this good confused with canon.
Free Dreamer Night Writer chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
I really like this. Hermione and Ron are sort of slowly growing on me and I think I could really like them.
Julia Claire chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
I really can't see Hermione doing this, but this really is well-written! I feel so bad for Ron at the end!
FirstYear chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
I like this. Ron is a real grownup and not the silly teenage idiot he is all too ofter shown as. I like the pace, and the understated emotions, the 'flatness' and lack of anger and public greif, it all sounds more real this way. Well done as always.
verity candor chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
I really really liked how you wrote - a lot of HermioneCheats! stories involve a hysterical and irrational Ron, but you wrote him with this dignified sort of melancholy which makes this all the more tragic. Reading about how he was trying to become a better person because he thought Hermione deserved better was the most affecting part for me - I mean, talk about irony. Sigh. Wonderful job.
kareem33 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
I liked your story.
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
You made me cry. Poor Ron, tryng so hard to be what Hermione needed, but not being the one she really wanted. I adore Ron in this, but the characterisations of all the others, even if just mentioned in passing, are spot-on. I think this is a pretty nearly perfect story.