Reviews for Dancing on Daddy's Shoes
Such a sweet story. Love stories about Edward and Renesmee.
meelee729697 chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
I so agree w/ ur potrayal of Ness.
This was great canon.
& Oh, how sweet it was.
I mean... that was precious.
- Loved that Ness inherited her mom's clumsyness.
Dancing on her beloved daddy's toes... Priceless.
Loved Ness's POV here.
Damn sweet.
Great job. Loved it. :)
lesuse chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
I loved this story - so clever how you gave us the memory first. I have always loved Breaking Dawn and Renesmee. I don't really understand why some folks don't like her. I thought the way she was written was so sweet - especially liked where Bella was meeting her for the first time after waking up, the way Renesmee was looking around Rose's arms trying to see Bella! This Renesmee was perfect - loved her having that experience with her dad - dancing on his shoes! And, I think you got the tenor of their thoughts and dialogue just right!
Nell chapter 1 . 3/22/2014
Loved to see the young mind of Renesmee. I loved that dance they shared as Edward watched her grow up too fast. And the second part where she shared that memory with her father on her wedding day. Made me cry!
Sailaranel chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Very sweet portrayal of a girl and her dad.
I enjoyed the gentleness you added to her, and I was amused by her clumsiness which she developed, in keeping with her mom!
oneiros lykos chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
This was very sweet. I actually was not a fan of the book but just saw BDII and fell in love with the story as done in the movie. This was a lovely story.
ChristyWIX chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Oh wow, that was just so wonderful. I loved your version of Renesmee. I too was/am a fan of the child. Not a mom myself, but I love the heartstrings you pulled on this.
Eeyorefan12 chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
I agree with the comments of some of the other reviewers: This is the best Renesmee fiction I've ever read. Your grasp of the characters is masterful and very much in canon. If THIS had been in BD, I would have liked the book SO much more! :-)
Ironic Twist chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
heavenly-vixen chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
I happen to be one of those people who love Renesmee as well. I agree with you 100%. Not to mention, anyone whose heart doesn't melt at daddyward and mommyella are inhuman. Daddyward is the most beautiful thing. I loved seeing that dream of his realised, almost 100 years after it was destroyed. I thought the premise of breaking dawn (without the imprinting, didn't love that part) was brilliant. I loved it. Everything has its flaws in this world, but for the most part I loved BD. I'd actually go so far as to say it was my fave in the series. I just wish Jacob had imprinted on Leah instead of Renesmee. But hey, you can't have everything.

And I loved this fic. It was beautiful and perfect, and I'm glad that it started with a nightmare, cause that kid went through so much, she would have suffered from nightmares without a doubt.

Thanks for sharing, I loved it.
sweetmama77 chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
What a beautiful story!
Rasa.Ra chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
I enjoyed it too much! Your a/n was so true.. Usually Nessy is described as a bratty or child like.. But she is more advanced and with all the experience it would change her, or I should say make her see a lot of things so much differently then the usuall spoiled kids. And I loved your Edward. So true to the character. His thoughtfulness and the mind reading, his gentle way with his little girl.. I can see it as SM little dream, that she could write down.. So in character and in canon.. When I finished reading this one-shot I had a desire to continue.. There have been so few stories with Nessy that I enjoyed.. Maybe there is a chance you'll come back to it..and find a way to spin a tale;) wishful thinking, I know.
k1942 chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
While I'm sure it was fun to write, it was a lot of fun to read, as well as abit sad. It had to be a trial to watch your baby grow to adulthood in seven or eight years. That's not nearly long enough, I'm sure. It was sweet to see the dynamic between Edward and his little wren.
LeeseeQ chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
I completely agree with your characterization of Renesmee, right on the mark. Great little fic!
The Healing Game chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
This was so beautiful. Probably the best Renesmee/Edward fanfic I have read.

The characters were all in cannon, not one stepped out for a moment. Even though we never got to see Renesmee as a teenager, I do believe she would've turned out something like what you have wrote. I too, have never understood the 'bratty' Renesmee stories, she never came across like that in the book.

But this is really touching, the bond between father and daughter is really well depicted. And because of their unique way of communicating I can imagine they'd have a bond that goes beyond the average father/daughter.

Of all the flaws BD had I don't think Renesmee was one of them, at least not to me. Apart from her terrible name, I liked the character and I loved the fact that Edward got to expierience the joys of fatherhood. That Edward and Bella got to share something so precious, something they made together. I couldn't hate that. But I do get where others are coming from, I do believe though if Stephanie Meyer had written more of the father/daughter connection between Edward and Renesmee she may not have as much hate as she does for this character. I think most fans would have melted at some scenes between them two. Oh well, we have fanfic for that I suppose!
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »