Reviews for A Rush of Blackbirds (Formerly--Speak Not Against the Sun)
You write exceptionally well (!), but your story and your depiction of Elizabeth, Lydia, and Kitty proved, without a shadow of a doubt, that those sisters were their mother's daughters - and three of the silliest and most absurd women in all of England. So much of this was a torture to read.
BlueTea21 chapter 11 . 7/29
Loved this! Jane Austin would have liked it too, I'm sure.
whitee5 chapter 1 . 7/18
Literally laughed out loud at "you look lovely today"
romanticsoul49 chapter 11 . 7/3
Fantastic read. This is the second time I have read your story and it is one of my favourite fanfics. You are a gifted author and I would love to read more of your work. Thank you for a beautiful story.
Mel2121 chapter 11 . 7/2
I think the first half (maybe three quarters) of this story were fabulous, I loved the characters, the humor, the situations, everything was perfect however the end started to drag a lot and Elizabeth changed in my opinion for the worst, choosing to completely evade all her problems (and solutions to them) all the while being depressed for them, where was the Elizabeth who uttered this words “There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me.”?
To tell you the truth I nearly didn't finish this, the only thing that kept me going was the moments of humor which I have to tell you were fantastic and very well written (I couldn't stop laughing at the scene of hide-and-seek and its parallels with the position of Darcy under Lady Catherine's bed) but I recommend that if you want to make your stories longer don't put the characters in nearly the same circumstances and making the exact same choices over and over. One last thing I'm not sure about this but to me it seemed a little strange that while Elizabeth obviously suffered a trauma due to the attack from Wickham, after it happened she never actively took precautions when she went out in walks nor was she afraid to go into the woods alone even knowing that Wickham was still in Merytown.

With all of that said I really liked your style of writing and if you ever publish another fic I'll be sure to read it.
Luise.Mau chapter 11 . 6/28
Such a cute adaptation! really liked it!
Born.Villain chapter 1 . 6/25
holly shit, this is the best fic I read in a while. fuck it's so good!
maripaz6 chapter 11 . 6/11
Nice! I really liked the beginning. the dinner flirts were hilarious! The end, though, began to drag. Elizabeth just wouldn't say anything! It was quite irritating how weak she was. Otherwise, good story. :)
The007Ninja chapter 1 . 6/5
I do believe I nearly lost it when Elizabeth told Caroline that she looked wonderful that day I simply could not stop laughing. This has been by far the best story I have read in a very long time and will absolutley be reading again especially on rainy days.
msvixenxx chapter 11 . 6/5
What a wonderful story! Loved it!
aajeem chapter 11 . 5/31
Love love love this story...more and more and more from you please ヾ(**)ノ
CrushedRosePetals chapter 11 . 6/1
Beautiful, beautiful! I absolutely love this.
MadisonAgain chapter 1 . 5/27
I LOVE this story! You're a wonderful writer
Travesti chapter 11 . 5/14
Wow! Amazing story! I love your language and writing style.
violingirl05 chapter 1 . 5/7
Oh my gosh, I think I have just read the greatest line in history:

"Elizabeth wondered if he had to lower himself from an upper story while his sister was distracted cooking plump children."

And it was accompanied by the most wonderful image of a poor Charles Bingley rappelling down the side of Netherfield on a bedsheet rope while Caroline cackles in a window. And Elizabeth suspecting her cousin was the main dish at lunch? You, dear writer, are a genius.

I am so happy I stumbled across this story on a rainy Sunday afternoon. I am most eager to keep reading and finish in one sitting!
1,075 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »