Reviews for War
ImaSupernaturalCSI chapter 37 . 11/13/2010
It took me two days to read it and it was two days well spent!

This was fantastic. You threw two of my favorite things together: CSI:NY and World War II. I've read a lot of AU stories but this one definitely gets put at the top of my favorites list. Everybody was so true in character, it was like a flashback episode. The history was so real and the tension was so palpable and it was so easy to picture in my head-my overactive imagination LOVED this story.

Great, great, great job.
smut1956 chapter 37 . 9/14/2010
Take a bow for an ambitious and creative A/U take that does involve so many people: Jammer even and Peyton during the Blitz. Nice take on those bits, your readers needed a sharp eye.

I appreciate the women being as strong in their own way as the men that you write about. True to the characters and to canon. It's obvious you are very comfortable with your original character but he's not too overdone in the story or too much of a hog.

I like that your characters grow and change.

Nitpicky items: "Ms." was not a term that existed in the 1940's and you use it throughout the story so that's jarring. Plus, Stella wouldn't be a "Ms.", she'd be a "Signorina" or "Fraulein" throughout the whole thing as would Jess. You jump around on those terms for the Germans to use.

You really need a beta reader to correct some of your typos and usage errors. Throughout the story you took about MORALE but consistently use the word "moral". At one point things start to WEAR on the group and you use "ware". Plus, there are many times when "quiet" is quite. Those kinds of details bog down a reader and slow the momentum in a story.

Thanks for sharing.

T.
Mac Ts Gurl chapter 37 . 7/16/2010
Out of all the stories of yours I read, and they were all worth it this was by far my fave. Great use the cast, love the strong stella b/c that is so her and of course our hero. Some of the scenes were intense but very well written and plese keep up the good work
BlueEyedAuthor chapter 37 . 6/2/2010
loved those last few chapters. the ending was beautiful.
Aranna Undomiel chapter 37 . 5/30/2010
Yay! They all survived it, glad to read that :D Great writing with this story, looking forward to reading more from you.
Storywriter chapter 37 . 5/28/2010
Awesome ending. I enjoyed reading it.
ncis-csiNY chapter 37 . 5/28/2010
What a great ending!
STELLA-tacular chapter 37 . 5/25/2010
i just wanted to say that you surprised me with the story; honestly, i started reading just because it was something to do. but you captivated me, and i was enthralled the entire time i read this story. you did an AMAZING job. keep up the good work!
Electrical storm 1996 chapter 37 . 5/25/2010
LOVED IT. I really liked how you showed what they would do and how they would really effect everything now, so happy Hayes went and started to support Hawkes and his ethnic background. I loved it all!
CSI4lyfNCIS13 chapter 37 . 5/25/2010
that was so sweet. The whole thing ended wonderfully.
Faberry-n-Rizzlesgal chapter 37 . 5/25/2010
greatest ending of a story i heard in a while :D question i was thinking about this since like two chapters ago, can I i mean if you dont mind if I can write a sequel for this for my stories, you'll get recognation and all that :D cuz i really like this idea and will put all of the things you mentioned in this chapter in the story :)
Wildweasel chapter 37 . 5/25/2010
Well that was a great ending. And you did a good job providing every character with his/her future life after the war it's nice and sound really like in historic movies;

so I really enjoyed your story and hope you'll write more :)

as for "give them hell" c'mon did you say the movie Truman with GS b/c yep this way it was a nice pun and wink to this movie and Patton's words to Mac, lol. I really enjoyed that reference.

really great job girl:)

WW
afrozenheart412 chapter 37 . 5/25/2010
Even though I am sad and a little disappointed this ended, you...you ended it in a way that made me laugh, cry, and gasp with joy! I loved this ride and I hope to stalk you some more on your future stories. :)

Mac's meeting with General Patton was awesome, I love that after all of this fighting he was commended for all of his hard work. Mac deserves each and every medal! I know they will collect dust in a drawer but I hope that he knows he did his best and that is all we ask for. My favorite quote from the General is this "Colonel, war is hell. The men in your unit died as heroes fighting the Krauts. I will personally make sure that no paper-pushing idiot tries to give you any trouble about what happened."

I want to personally thank you for showing us what happened to the rest of the team, thank you very much! *hugs* It was here that you gave me the most laughs and tears of joy.

"Doctor Sheldon Hawkes opened a practice in Detroit where he became not only one of the city's leading doctors, but also a leading community activist. He would later meet and march with Dr. Martin Luther King while working to desegregate Detroit."

To see his dream, I can see what an honor it would to be by his side. :)

"Adam Ross went back to Scranton and married Kendal Novak. He worked as a mechanic at the local car shop for many years. Later in life, he would become fascinated by a small upstart company called IBM where he would work as well."

This is the one that had me shouting with laughter! To see Adam on the starting edge of computers...EXCELLENT! XD

"Tom Hayes returned to DeFuniak Springs where he became involved in politics. Elected to the Florida Legislature, he became one of that body's most forceful advocates for African-American civil rights. He would become an honorary member of the Florida NAACP."

*sniffs* I love how his and Sheldon's differences brought them together to learn and grow into appreciation and respect.

"Albrecht von Touffel was captured by the Allies and put on trial for the atrocities committed in Camp Percival. General Patton informs me that I have been called as the "star witness" for both the defense and the prosecution. I'm taken to the scene of the trial; Nuremburg. I testify to everything that happened to me and my men in the camp, including the executions of Weems, Grant, Smith and Davis and my solitary confinement for seven days with no food. Albrecht von Touffel, Commandant of Camp Percival, was found guilty and sentenced to 15 years in prison."

I'm happy that he paid for what he allowed the butcher to do.

"Stella Bonasera immigrates to the United States shortly after the end of the War. Before she leaves, she heads back to Umberetto, to help commemorate a plaque in honor of Sal, one young man who was a tragic casualty of War."

Beautiful, I hope that his parents knew that he died protecting his town.

And what I love about the ending with Mac and Stella is that you left it open. I know in my heart that Mac will never let go of Claire, she was cruelly taken from him, but Stella will give him a new lease on life and love.

"Now, why don't you show me around this city of yours?"

"Now? But, what about…" She leans in and kisses me.

"Mac, we have time."

Yes, we have all the time in the world."

A perfect ending full of possibilities and love.
Kat's in the cradle chapter 37 . 5/24/2010
] I've truly enjoyed reading this story! I loved how you kept much of the focus on the action and suspense. I mean, the relationships you had in the story were very real and moving, but this story often read like an action movie, and I enjoyed that very much. I would love to read any other stories you decide to post. Good luck with your writing, and I hope you keep at it! ]
jaamiee chapter 37 . 5/24/2010