Reviews for Divine Intervention
nonna99 chapter 1 . 8/5/2015
Beautiful story, so lovely.
augus10 chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
Amazing story, wonderful written. I enjoy it very much.
Foxfire832001 chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Great Story! Too bad it wasn't written that way in the tv episode, it would have been great for all Tim Speedle fans to have seen!
miamitrick chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
This was rlly good!
Jessica237 chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
Oh, but it *is* a part of Eric's family in the hospital, heh. Liked seeing out-of-body Cal witnessing his "man on a mission" attitude there.

Also, quite enjoyed Calleigh's horror at realizing that it's her in the hospital. I like that her deepest horror seems not to be the fact that she's dying, but that she's dying and never got to tell Eric how she felt.

And ah, Speed. Really like the idea of him being the one to tell her it's not her time, that she needs to go back. If she can talk to Patrick, then why not Speed? And I always thought he'd suspected something between the two of them. Also quite enjoy his scheming, heh.

Liked this - "Tell him, your future children will thank you for it." Heh, Speed wants EC babies too. The ending was sweet, Calleigh's confession, and I do enjoy some concerned Eric.

I figured this would make an interesting fic idea. Nice job.
restless-mess chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
Well let me just say that I first really enjoyed reading this. It wasn't overly descriptive, as some emotional fics get, and it still drove the point home.

I really liked the beginning with her in the hospital. And with her blushing and crying with Speed finally letting something out! This line made me giggle , "Left you two alone with alcohol and hoped for the best, each and every time," ... I really liked the little does of humour you had in there. It fit perfectly.

Also the ending was perfect. I really liked that quote when Speed first said it .

Ohh and, the part when she was about to tell Eric and trying to have him as close as possible. Before I read that line, that was exactly how I pictured them, Cal kinda clinging on his shirt needing him close after her ordeal. I love it when that happens. :)
MightyMiaBoo chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
When you posted your idea about Speed visiting Calleigh while she was OOB on the Talk CSI forum, I knew it would make a great story! I'm so glad you decided to write a fic based on it. Speed was one of my favorite characters on the show, and the way you wrote him was spot-on. I loved how Speed gave Calleigh a "retrospective" of her and Eric's relationship, showing her that the love was there all along. And of course, my hopeless-romantic heart melted when Calleigh and Eric confessed their love to each other. As always, another fabulous story from you. Oh, how I wish episode 8.20 would actually turn out like this!
Hope06 chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
That did the spoilers justice and also was beautifully written.

I can so see her seeing speed and it actually put a smile on my face

I can also so believe the whole file swapping as devine intervention from both Speed and perhaps even Marisol.

And it always has been seen just how much Eric and Calleigh love each other
Liphuggers chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Wow, very beautiful story! Very good take on how the spoilers and episode should go! I always love your stories and can't wait for another one!
MomentarySetback chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
You already know that I love this so, so much. It was so creative, and I loved that you expanded on the OOB experience to have Tim come back.

Everything was so descriptive that I really felt I could see Calleigh there, and almost experience everything she was feeling - that's when you know good writing!

"Fear began to settle within her as she realized the reason he was probably there; someone in his family was in the hospital. With trepidation she walked slowly toward the door he'd gone through, wondering if it was his mother or his father, or worse, one of his sisters again."

I loved this part where she realizes, based on his actions and his obvious worry, that someone close in his family must be in the hospital... Because it ends up being her, and that just goes to show how important she is in his life.

"Without waiting for an answer, she turned back toward the door, laying her hands on the window as she watched Eric bring her hand to his lips and place a lingering kiss on the back of her hand. Tears began to cloud her eyes as she witnessed him lean over her again, his hand reaching out to brush her hair back, his fingers repeatedly coming through her hair as he whispered words she couldn't hear, but in her heart she knew what they were."

This was so heartbreakingly beautiful, and so intense. I love the image of seeing Calleigh there, watching Eric tenderly touch her and whisper to her, especially because we so rarely get to see them (especially Calleigh) like that on the show. Seeing Calleigh react to it is just so powerful, and it's something I hope they convey on the show as wonderfully as you did here.

I loved Tim being there! You really nailed his character, from the remarks right down to his hands-in-pockets stance. I loved her telling him that Eric doesn't know, him automatically knowing what she meant, and him assuring her that he *did* know. That just says so much about them, and it says a lot that Tim knew they had a thing way back in the beginning. I love the idea of him bailing on pizza nights, hoping they'd finally confront that tension while alone, and it's so perfect that he *intervened* to switch the files.

Her waking up, sore and disoriented, to Eric waiting by her side was the perfect ending, along with her finally telling him she loves him. I love that she said it first in this fic because that's so huge for Calleigh, and I could definitely see this situation bringing that out in her. This fic was really just wonderful. It was really creative and I loved it!
Irishdreamer88 - Shell2005 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Oh wow! Another amazing update. I would love to see it play out like this in the episode. We really need to get you hired by CBS & CSI:M as one of the writers :-D I miss Tim so I'm delighted that you put him in.

I love how Calleigh was worried about never telling Eric that she loves him & that when she did tell him, his response was that he already knew. That was so cute, I loved it :-D

Thanks for posting this, I really enjoyed reading it.
jlo10131121 chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Nice, Jen. Very nice. I really liked how he was right there the whole time, didn't like H there, for obvious reasons. Couldn't understand why as Eric's girlfriend she wouldn't feel right being next to him (before she found out it was her in the bed). Trading assignments...huh. Now that I never thought about, but probably true. And how I would have killed to be a fly on the wall for pizza and beer nights. Real nice use of Tim. Miss that fan favorite. Nice to see CBS/CM wasn't stupid enough to kill off Eric. *shudder* And as long as EC hook up again, I'm down for another 'near miss.'
texmex327 chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
OMG! I loved it. I wish we could see Speed in this episode, it would be perfect. Great job!
Smile.Freely chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Wow! What a fantastic Fic! Thanks for sharing!
DENSI.ItsaLoveStory chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
wow...awesome story! love it! It would be great if CBS did that ep like this story... with Calleigh really telling Eric that she loves him. Would be amazing watching this side of Calleigh... after watching Eric's saying to her that he couldn't live without her. Awesome! thanks for that!