Reviews for Of Clear Sight
Kurai Ummei chapter 4 . 11/16
Kurai Ummei chapter 2 . 11/16
Shadow Chaser chapter 4 . 4/30/2010
O...I definitely like this. It has both hints of FShep with Thane, Garrus, but most importantly with Kaidan. Probably all three of my favorite ships. Heh. Its stories like these that make me want to go back and play the whole game over and over again. _

-Shadow Chaser
Aricle chapter 3 . 3/29/2010
I've been struggling with my own story about Garrus and female Shepard with respect to Kaidan. Your inclusion of him in the story as part of Thane's coming to terms with his part in Shepard's life is powerful. Kaidan's description of her as riding a horse on loan from the devil is something I could imagine him saying- and feeling. When Thane tells Kaidan to give her a year, it is very poignant, considering his illness. Thane's yearning for life with Shepard in the face of his death adds depth to what was seen in Mass Effect. I get the sense that he has some respect for Kaidan after all, in saying that she might need him again after a year. I also sense his fear of that death in the narration of his thoughts when with Shepard (Ch.4). I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

*Overall: You succeed in the mix of "what happened" and "what was right under our noses". The conversation and narrative flow is just right, without stumbling to figure out the transitions or whether it fits what I know to have happened. Thank you.
Lord 0f Storms chapter 4 . 3/28/2010
This story is so beautiful and addictive. I felt like I could almost taste the tension in that last chapter, and I'm really eager to read the next one when it comes along.

You really seem to have Thane down perfectly, almost like you've just been inside his head or something. Both his dialogue and the narrative from his perspective is all wonderfully in-character. I loved the previous chapter too, with the conversation between Thane and Kaiden. Thane's a sly devil, isn't he? And poor Kaiden with his emotional stress. I liked the beginning part with the little girl, who was a duct rat, right? It was refreshing to see an entirely different perspective like that slot in so well to the rest of the story.

Anyway, I'm not trying to talk your ear off XD.
vera em chapter 4 . 3/15/2010
Wonderful! Marvelous. Leaves the reader wanting more and deeply touched. This reader at least :D And whatdoyouknow, there *is* more. Yay.
vera em chapter 3 . 3/15/2010
I'm thoroughly enjoying this series. And with this right here? That last little bit of conversation there? You just broke my heart in the best of ways. So. Thanks :)

Oh, and I don't mind any deviations from the game one bit, so follow the muse full steam ahead is what I say. I love where you let her take you. And I thank you for sharing!

*off to read the rest too*
kirjailija chapter 4 . 3/13/2010
Both want the same, both don't allow themselves to commit for it, both for same and different reasons. Beautiful.

And I still feel bad for Kaidan. Dude ;-)
kirjailija chapter 3 . 3/13/2010
Hooray for the fastest runner on the Citadel!

"However, while he wasn't moveable, he could certainly be flexible." Hmm, interesting. At first I laughed, thinking about that reach and flexibility conversation with Garrus, but then I realized that this was a pretty neat description of Alenko. I have to think about it some more since it raises one question to which I don't have the answer yet: Then what exactly is his core?

The part where he measures his state of drunkenness by flipping a coin is just cruel. A simple description of what he's doing, no emotions, no words, and yet it shows that he's filled up to the brim with pain and suffering. Very powerful. And cruel.

Okay... It took me a second or two to get what's behind the year Krios wants him to wait. Genuine reaction: "Oh... SHIT!"

Good job yourself here! *g* The changes of POV worked perfectly, and Alenko's sight in Krios was very interesting. On to the next chapter ;-)

(Okay, I'm gonna sound like the little, stupid fangirl I'm NOT, but after this chapter, I feel like Kaidan could really, really use a hug. Boo for Shepard and Thane!)
kirjailija chapter 2 . 3/13/2010
"Be ready to lose" - ooh, Alenko might've just ended this interview with a punch to the reporter's face. And "the answer was not hostile but encouraged absolutely nothing" is an absolutely perfect sentence. Anyway, I'm curious to see how you'll portray Alenko in the next chpapter - not having read them at this point - because he already seems so different to my take on him.

You keep an interestingly calm and precise, maybe even dry tone with this, very much suiting Thane's POV. I like it a lot, it follows the assassin's grace and style and sets the perfect mood for this fic.
Belladonna-Isabella chapter 4 . 3/12/2010
Your descriptions are powerful, conveying as much sentiment as the thoughts of the characters. I really admire that about your writing. Whenever I read your work I feel as if I am drawn inside the story, as if I am there watching the events unfold and I can feel the emotions and thoughts of the characters described therein.

I loved the way you intertwined the original dialogue with yours and the dynamic between Thane and Shepard. I loved how they each had something to say or do but in the end they hesitated to, each for their own reasons.

I can't wait to read more.
Belladonna-Isabella chapter 3 . 3/12/2010
Such a great chapter!

The fight and the way you described it was really well done, as was in general the addition of Tesana.

Your descriptions were excellent and I loved the way you used to introduce the Thane/Kaidan conversation, it really was ingenious.

Great job!
Rinn Harridan chapter 4 . 3/11/2010
I loved this story. You really have to update it soon. I'd love to see Thane and Kaidan get in a fight over Shepard. 8-)
The Lady Posh chapter 4 . 3/11/2010
Ah the tension! Everyone's jumped on the Garrus bandwagon and keeps making Thane seem like either a jerk or just a wet blanket character. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like just about every pairing but it's refreshing to have him as soulful as he was in the game. 3 I was so happy you updated (as usual)! XD Keep up the great work~
kiwibliss chapter 4 . 3/11/2010
Beautiful, just beautiful. I loved the last few lines.