Reviews for Familiar Strangers
LoyaulteMeLie chapter 42 . 10/19/2013
This was an absolutely spanking story. I really enjoy MU stories, and everyone there was suitably horrid. You did a splendid job of making practically everyone a suspect for Archer's would-be assassination (except Reed of course). Brilliant!
Em5tar chapter 42 . 1/25/2013
LOVED IT! You show Hoshi's true character that not many other people see. That although she can be scared, , she is still strong and defiant underneath, having proved that with the xindi incident. Your story was amazing it was adventurous as well as having a bit of mystery in it. Just like a real book I couldn't but it down.

PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS do a follow up on this or something, I'd love to see how Hoshi deals with the after march, and what the rest of the crew things. Maybe even the two universe meeting.

Keep writing your work is very good.
T.Porter chapter 42 . 11/20/2012
*grin* you really should make a book out of all your stories. They're fantastic.
T.Porter chapter 42 . 11/19/2012
Aww..It was so good I didn't want it to end. :)
thekeeperoftime chapter 42 . 9/3/2011
Great story. Out would have been cool to see their reactions as hoshi told the story.
thekeeperoftime chapter 42 . 9/1/2011
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 42 . 1/15/2011

Interesting job, to say the least.

Not only do you create a more interesting interpretation of the “NX-01”-era Mirror Universe than what we saw in “In a Mirror, Darkly”- practically everyone we saw in that episode was just a thug out for themselves, verging on the edge of a nervous breakdown from the stress involved in waiting for the moment to strike back, or some variation of both; at least the later-era episodes had the more complex characters like Mirror-Spock or ‘Smiley’, who were more willing to resort to more questionable methods than their counterparts while still retaining some degree of honour-, but you create an interesting plot into the bargain as the initially-amnesic Hoshi tried to find her way in this ‘new’ universe that she doesn’t even realise the dangers of, matters being made almost more complicated when she KNOWS how screwed she is.

Her talent with languages saving her life makes sense given that the Empire’s more ‘brutal’ approach to galactic affairs than the Federation probably limits the amount they bother to LEARN about other cultures (Like a fight scene I read once between Superman and his ‘evil twin’ Ultraman, where Superman noted that he was more powerful because Ultraman just killed his foes while they were still getting used to their powers while Superman had to improve as his enemies developed; since the Empire tends to conquer everything, they spend less time learning from the races they’ve defeated), while the information she can provide about such races as the Sphere Builders added another level of interest to the plot (I was kind of let down that you never followed up on that potential plot point; the idea of them invading the Mirror Universe after failing to conquer our one had potential), along with the obvious advantages of her new perspective encouraging Mirror-Archer to be more lenient in a couple of occasions than he might have been otherwise.

The various twists you included in Hoshi’s time in this universe, such as her confrontation with Shran or her discovery of Archer’s ‘real’ agenda for the Empire, were all introduced in a natural manner that reflected her own increasingly important role on this Mirror “Enterprise” without appearing forced or rushed, and her final decision to return to her universe was perfectly understandable (Even if a part of me has to wonder how things might have gone if she’d stayed; unusually enough, as much as I’m an Archer/T’Pol fan in the ‘main’ universe, a part of me can’t help but think that Hoshi and the MirrorArcher you created here could have made an equally interesting couple...).
Audrey C chapter 42 . 11/16/2010
This was an absolutely amazing story! Totally loved your version of the mirror universe! All the details were wrapped up so well. Good job! I especially loved the focus on Hoshi and Archer (even though it was a semi-evil Archer). Not enough Hoshi and Archer fan fiction in my opinion:) Would love to read more from you!
sexy-jess chapter 42 . 5/3/2010
Wowie! This is absolutely excellent! I love mirror-verse fics!
Fabulous work!
Karshtakavaar chapter 42 . 4/13/2010
I meant to review this earlier but real life got in the way. Still, better late than never.

You fooled us all, I think. The Vulcan did it! And to gain her own power base too, not even to benefit Trip. I liked the way you gave a round up of how things turned out for the alternate universe after Hoshi left. I'd have always been wondering otherwise. Poor old Mayweather. Royally dumped on as ever. And Reed taking things out on the Armoury team is very believable. Heaven only knows 'our' Malcolm can be grumpy enough to his staff when things aren't going right. I'd hate to be one of the other Reed's staff right about now.

I like how it was our Malcolm who was there when Hoshi came round. Poor old thing, he got the slap that the other Reed had coming all story long. I really got the sense Hoshi was glad to be home. Nothing like that set of ruby slippers, eh?
MizJoely chapter 42 . 4/7/2010
A very satisfying ending to a very satisfying story: the mastermind behind the assassination attempt revealed, the escape attempt completed, and a glimpse into everybody's thoughts after the fact.

A sequel, perchance? Anyway, you're on my author alert list now, so there. And no more typos, one out of 42 chapters is fantastic! :)

MizJoely chapter 40 . 4/7/2010
A scheming T'Pol, what fun! On to the next chapter...
Deedaladee chapter 42 . 4/6/2010
Bravo, Kathy Rose for a very good and enjoyable tale. Nice to see Hoshi complex and smart. I liked the slap. Too,too funny.
afan chapter 42 . 4/5/2010
I'm so sad to see this story end - it has been such fun to check in with it every day as it unfolded.

You did a great job in every way. The mirror universe characters were deliciously complex - I found myself liking them despite their despicable qualities. Love the way you tied everything up so nicely as well as the revelation of who was behind the attempted murder.

Even though I suspected that Hoshi would eventually make it back "home," I was on the edge of my seat in the last couple of chapters.

Thanks for your consistency in posting every day, and for a fabulous read!
brankel1 chapter 42 . 4/5/2010
I totally loved to see it to see more stories of these sorry for the other Archer.