Reviews for The Rose
Stormbringer951 chapter 39 . 8/23/2010
First part of the chapter's mostly wrap-up for last chapter, although I expected more repercussions for Spike's little traitor moment. The Spike/Buffy moment was nice, although I expected much more of a punishment for Buffy smashing a Watcher in the side of a head with a mace.
megumisakura chapter 38 . 8/22/2010
awsome chapter!
dhh chapter 18 . 8/22/2010
YOU know, I'm actually SKIPPING everything else except for Giles and Anya's part..

This story is not to my taste..I don't like how the Vampires are treated..It's just not right..

I do love the Anya and Giles relationship due to this pairing being so rarely used.
dhh chapter 7 . 8/22/2010
OK, that whole girl on girl thing is going to make me PUKE! Disgusting.
dhh chapter 3 . 8/22/2010
Ok, I'm not liking the whole SLAVERY to other races theme going on here.
dhh chapter 2 . 8/22/2010
For some reason, these two chapters have me cracking me..Was that the purpose of these two chapter..It's hilarious if not a bit different from other stories..

Lastly, I have to ask, what happened to Spike?

Sincerely,
Stormbringer951 chapter 38 . 8/21/2010
Huh? Wow. I was really expecting the roaring rampage of revenge from Angelus and crew there. Guess that kind of surprised me that none of them managed to get loose even with a key, and I was expecting some action scenes! You really should've at least paid that off with a little excitement. That said, you've obviously outlined and planned the story beforehand, so I'll reserve jugdment.

Angelus seemed especially incompetent, given that he's a vamp with centuries of experience. Granted, he's a torturer and not a fighter but he should at least have the reaction time to see what Xander was doing before he got locked in again. Then again, guess some people just can't think on their feet.

The ending of the scene was creepy, and disturbing and wonderfully sweet. You've given Xander a lot darker a past in this fic and it's nice to see the misfits find a moment of happiness.

Now, to watch the fallout...
DramaQueenLucy chapter 38 . 8/21/2010
I just recently found your story. I have really enjoyed reading this. I a totally up for 3 updates a week. Thanks!
Tsuki916 chapter 38 . 8/21/2010
Can't wait to find out what happens next!

I'd love more updates a week, I think it's a great idea!
megumisakura chapter 37 . 8/19/2010
great chapter!
Stormbringer951 chapter 37 . 8/19/2010
Interesting chapter. The bit with Willow and Tara seems to just bulk out the chapter at this point; character development is cool, but unless there's a Chekhov's Gun here (like Willow using magic to resurrect Buffy) the first part just detracts from the tension. Same goes for Giles and Jenny, although that scene needs to be here for it to make sense, I suppose. Love the touch with the photograph, by the way.

Also ... uh-oh! I sense a big dramatic scene in Buffy's not-so-distant future. Is 'The Rose' going to carry on past the Angelus arc, or is that going to be it? Everything seems to be building towards a finale, but I wonder if you're going to add more episodes to the story afterwards ... you've certainly built up enough plot threads and character arcs to follow through with another story. Plus, Buffy hasn't been the slayer yet, nor Kendra and Faith, if you're going to try and mirror canon.
Tsuki916 chapter 37 . 8/18/2010
Great chapter! I have been waiting for the notice that it had been updated ALL day! I get the feeling that we're finally getting to something big with Angelus and Faith. I can't wait to see how her recklessness plays out!

So excited to have Spuffy interaction again also!

Wish we got updates even more often! But I understand that you want to stick with the schedule :-)
Arrialee chapter 37 . 8/18/2010
yay i was waiting all day to read this chapter
Angellia chapter 35 . 8/18/2010
Aw! I feel so bad for Anya even though she's a demon and everything. As much as I usually like Jenny and usually don't like the Anya/Giles pairing, I totally want Giles and Anya to stay together! Great chapter
Stormbringer951 chapter 36 . 8/16/2010
Another interesting chapter, cranking up the tension. I predict that the Angelus breakout is going to happen sometime very soon, with Xander arriving just too late to stop it and just in time to save poor ickle Faith in time for her redemption plot arc. Don't tell me how far off my guess is - my other guesses are that she gets vamped and dusted by Buffy or vamped and ensouled in time for a redemption arc. Hope you keep her around, although you seem to be reflecting canon so far (I see Cordelia and the Cordettes are still split). PM me to laugh at how wrong my guesses if you want.

The Giles section was interesting as usual - it's lovely to see Giles in his natural environment and his conversation with Faith was pretty funny. Even AU!Faith can fluster AU!Giles, it appears.

tl;dr version: good writing, update again soon ;).
321 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »