Reviews for The Rose
Maelwaedd chapter 60 . 8/19/2012
This is awesome! I've never been a part of this fandom, but a friend on LJ liked to this fic and I've spent the last three days hooked to this and running back to the computer every time I've had a free second (and then staying up late to boot, heh).

I only have a passing familiarity with the first couple of the seasons of the show, but I loved the characterisation here. I loved all of the subplots, the lesser character romances, and the watcher-slayer division. Buffy and Faith's friendship was beautiful, Cordy was great (and her backstory also!), Xander's backstory made me hurt but I loved what you did with his character. The Xander-Giles interaction was also made of win. I love how you had all of the characters interacting so very differently than each other, both with each other and separately, which I think would have involved a fair amount of skill to maintain.

You're a great writer. Thank you heaps for sharing this.
Kat chapter 60 . 7/17/2012
May I just say what a fantastic, original story? I just stumbled across this yesterday and found myself so hooked I couldn't help but stay up hours and hours reading this. You did the characters, every one of them, justice.
Eru no Tsubasa chapter 60 . 6/8/2012
This is wonderfully written, and I just couldn't stop reading! Thank you for writing! It was refreshing to read an AU but not AU story, you know what I mean? And their love was pure but not sappy - awesomeness! XD
123 chapter 60 . 6/1/2012
Great story! Really enjoyed reading it! Sequel? :)
essicaohnsonX chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
HAVE YOU POSTED THE SEEKQUEL YET? IF YOU HAVE TELL ME WHAT ITS CALLED PLEASE IM ADDICTE!
Jess chapter 60 . 3/20/2012
Thankyou so much for writing this. I have been reading it almost non stop! The plot was so awesome and your spin on events was so great to read. This has become one of my favourites!
redk-is-sexy chapter 60 . 1/19/2012
Just read all 60 chapters in three days and was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I absolutely love this story! It's very well written and very consistent which is sometimes hard to find. I'm hoping you've written tons of other stories and will continue writing in the future.
napa2010 chapter 60 . 10/17/2011
Very great story.

I read it twice.

I look forward for the sequel.

Thank you very much for this wonderful story.
ali S2 chapter 60 . 7/14/2011
Loved it! Well written, creative, kept me wanting more. Looking forward to the next installment. XD
Shadowhawke chapter 60 . 6/20/2011
Wow. Just wow. I feel so sorry for Narra - you painted her beautifully - but this was a kicker of a climax! Thank you so much - I really did enjoy this, and I can't wait to move on to the sequel. Just as a note, it is 4:53am right now where I am. Yeah. Thank you.
Shadowhawke chapter 47 . 6/20/2011
Awesome, awesome chapter. It was so liberating to see Faith coming back to life again - the fight scene was done staggeringly well with the emotional climax. If there is any constructive criticism to give you, it would possibly be that sometimes you seem to spread yourself too thin over the arcs and don't give them as much as they deserve, but I understand it's because you're playing with a large number of characters. Thank you again for sharing.
Shadowhawke chapter 42 . 6/20/2011
I am so sorry to hear that you have been bullied. I for one have been immensely enjoying your story - as a writer myself I recognise the time and dedication it takes to continually write and put chapters up. Anyone who lays into you for that, no matter what the reason, is a cretin who doesn't deserve the time of the day. Thank you for writing and sharing this story, I am really enjoying it.
Shadowhawke chapter 28 . 6/20/2011
I like Narra. I really do. Beautifully done OC. She hasn't appeared much, but from your writing I get a real sense of her. Not to mention, I like her words of wisdom to Buffy. In the world that you've painted, they were very much needed.
Shadowhawke chapter 24 . 6/20/2011
So glad to see Xander and Faith here. I'm liking the character arc you're taking with Xander too - he has always been portrayed as reckless, but also comedic, and you've given him a wonderful serious and caring side here that is very reminiscent of him in Season 7. Loving your characterisations. I think they are what's bringing me back to this story.
Shadowhawke chapter 22 . 6/20/2011
I have to say, you do the banter between Spike and Buffy beautifully. I love how Buffy is the one to crush this time. As for Faith and Angel... that's just evil, you know? I suppose I've always had a soft spot for her, but the way you have developed her and Xander so far has been such a treat that I'm anxious to see how it will all pan out.
321 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »