Reviews for The Rose
Munchlette Belle chapter 7 . 4/6/2010
Hey. I usually read/review over at Elysian Fields but I happened to see the update over here first and figured I'd contribute to your review numbers over here. I'm enjoying the story a lot so far. I'll admit that I'm a bit impatient for them to get older, but I really like your other stuff and I trust your plotting skills. ;) Looking forward to your next update, as always!
lyin chapter 7 . 4/4/2010
hey, Happy Easter and thanks for the update! ;D and a really fun chapter at that~ the opening was loads of fun, with the interesting dynamic between Spike & Webs (who has SUCH possibilities as a character/vampire, that you're pulling out really nicely~ for one episode, he definitely made an impression) and even more so between Spike & Darla~ love her checking out Webs and tormenting Spike, not to mention Spike finally hearing, in a very roundabout way, about Buffy ;D

Robin Wood as the child-vamp SHOCKED me. which i'm sure was the intent, but whoa~ i'd picked up that he was a vamp, i think you'd had a watcher mention Wood a chapter or so ago?- but my immediate assumption for an Aurelian brat vampire was, of course, the Annoying One ~ so when about a paragraph later that assumption was proven wrong, i was (as i'm sure you intended ;D) bowled over. ep on Dru getting poor Nikki's little boy. can't wait to see what you're planning for him!

Faith and alcohol are just naturally mix-y things ~ and oh-so-entertaining. stealing the bottle seems so in-character, and their estrangement from the group at large is another bit I'm really enjoying. Faith trying to put the moves on Buffy? lol. kinda awkward from Buffy's perspective, but hysterical nonetheless.

I'm also very intrigued by the idea Xander stealing Cordelia from Jesse, at least in his mind, considering the lack of girlfriend-ness for both of them.. also, honorable Xander, in the face of intoxicated Buffy and Faith putting the moves on him, was adorable~ this fic is really making me remember what i like about his character. And Jesse/Faith? In any sense? wow. it's really neat thinking how much can happen in this verse of yours, with so many characters from different seasons in one place and time and well, not dead. I'm continually impressed by how thought-out your whole story is and the general plotty goodness. ;D keep up the great writing and thanks, as always, for sharing!
Angellia chapter 7 . 4/4/2010
LOL Faith keeps trying to cop a feel! That's brilliant, it seems so Faith like. My favorite part was the Darla bit (I love her character). No one ever writes Darla and Spike actually getting along (kind of anyway :D), so it's nice to read something a little different.
lyin chapter 6 . 3/31/2010
the sooner the update, the better~ i leave traveling next Tues., so I'll have to wait a few extra days if the next chapter isn't up early *hint hint* ;D

while I really liked the characters on the show, fic-wise, I only ever seem to be reading about Tara & Willow when they're background or ensemble in a fic (and honestly, unless it's really, really good, half the time I may scroll through their parts to get to some more exciting part... ok, usually a part with Spike ;P). So it is a serious mark of the excellence of this fic that I am actually really excited to see what you're going to do with them~ a love triangle where Tara's interested while Willow's still with Oz seems SO natural, a really interesting way the show could potentially have played it out but obviously didn't, and I don't think I've ever seen it done (though again... usually not looking for Willow/Tara fics ;P but at least it strikes me as super-original.) Jesse's lack of interest in Cordelia is really interesting too, seeing as one of the few things we know about him on the show is that he's crazy into her. Xander was genuinely adorable and amusing; Willow's just so *nice* in helping Xander and setting Tara up with Oz as a partner, you're capturing everything lovable about the character; the hint of Warren/Amy made me laugh b/c of the Season 8 comics, plus the ideas of the spellwork you've got going on, like the death spell, were really creative.

nice job writing the fight scene, too, it was just pure fun to read and easy to picture, and Webs' mind games with Buffy both fit what we know of him and raised truly compelling moral issues that were never really explored all the way in the TV series. normally I try to throw in a little constructive criticism in reviews when I can, but seriously, I've got nothing but gushing to say here. i haven't even caught any typos. this is by far my favorite fic to follow at the moment. great work, I'm looking forward to reading more!
megumisakura chapter 6 . 3/29/2010
update soon,please!
Angellia chapter 6 . 3/29/2010
Interesting situation with Willow, Oz and Tara. I always loved Tara's character, but I loved Oz's more, so I hope Willow doesn't cheat on him :S

Very, very interesting fight. It's great how you actually made the vampire's argument seem logical, even though he was only doing it to try and beat her. I wonder if this will play n Buffy's mind. I thought she was going to be fighting Spike in this chapter, but I'm kinda glad she didn't. You're setting the story at a nice pace - I hate it when stories move to fast.

Another brilliant chapter
lyin chapter 5 . 3/26/2010
so glad to read an update! ~ i saw it in my inbox Wed., and so wanted to check it out then, but papers galore kept me much less entertainingly occupied. oh well, at least now it won't seem as long between updates (and wow on both the writing-ahead and weekly-updating, that's tremendously good and how i always *mean* to write fics, but never do);D

after your comment in your reply about Angel not appearing in this fic, I actually laughed out loud when Angelus showed up within the first few hundred words. nice play with the irony there, i totally didn't read between the lines and was pleasantly surprised. plus, with Darla in tow, all the more fun~ for some inexplicable reason, i really like her. she adds a great note of... contempt, or something. ;P also, the thought of Angelus having a thrall? ek. also, fascinating and very original Jenny/Giles/Anya dynamic, with Giles' secret and elicit relationship totally transforming Jenny's flirty pursuit of him ala season 1-2. also, way to get Harmony into the fic (she's way more entertaining as a vamp than as a Cordette, anyhow), and Webs! Eve was a nice addition too- of course we never got to see her except First!Eve, but I really like how you're sticking with canon characters (because god, there's enough of them!) Buffy & Faith's friendship is also really adorable (and Buffy calling her 'the best', although secretly thinking, rightfully, that she's better, was a nice piece of characterization in itself)~ and the Faith-Harmony fight was great fun. it's really awesome to see characters who never got to interact on the show meet up here, convincingly even though it's AU (Darla & Spike, for that matter~ despite the 20 years-ish the 4 of them ran through Europe, in the entire show only the flashbacks from "Darla"/"Fool for Love"- oh, and i guess the Girl in Question- have them interacting, and barely at that. from the opening scene i'm expecting a very entertaining dynamic of mutual dislike.)

anyway, i'm dying to read more of this fic :) thanks for sharing and good luck writing!
megumisakura chapter 5 . 3/23/2010
update soon,please!
Evi chapter 5 . 3/23/2010
MORE MORE MORE HURRY! I'll love you forever...not like that...PLEASE!
Angellia chapter 5 . 3/23/2010
Wow, tense fights. I like how Buffy defeated Harmony. It was very sneaky in a Faith kind of way.

Great chapter, I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for the next chapter :D
LiviaHamlin chapter 4 . 3/22/2010
Awesome. Love it!
Nemainofthewater chapter 4 . 3/19/2010
I really like your story and the way that you weave the characters into it. I hope that you continue to post on Fanfiction!

Nemain
The-Bloodletting-Beauty chapter 4 . 3/17/2010
I enjoy this writing style very much, keep up the great work
Angellia chapter 4 . 3/16/2010
Sweet googly moogly! This story is fantastic! I'm hooked already.

It's interesting to see how Buffy would have turned out had she been trained as a potential from a young age, like Kendra and whoever else, but I'm glad she's not as stuck up as some of the other girls.

This is such a great idea. I really like how you've created a school where slayers and watchers train together, and how even though they've all got a sacred duty etc, they've still got normal high school dynamics.

And I'm glad you've included all our favorite characters, and still kept their personalities - which you've done a really good job of doing - while putting them in totally different roles.

I'm very, very excited to see where you'll go with the story, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when Buffy finally comes face to face with Spike.

I'm very much looking forward to your next update (I'd go on Livejournel but it confuses the hell out of me lol)
6464MiniDiceofRandomness chapter 4 . 3/16/2010
I love how you've fit the characters into a school setting, which I assume is no easy task.
328 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 Next »