Reviews for The Rose
Evi chapter 5 . 3/23/2010
MORE MORE MORE HURRY! I'll love you forever...not like that...PLEASE!
Angellia chapter 5 . 3/23/2010
Wow, tense fights. I like how Buffy defeated Harmony. It was very sneaky in a Faith kind of way.

Great chapter, I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for the next chapter :D
LiviaHamlin chapter 4 . 3/22/2010
Awesome. Love it!
Nemainofthewater chapter 4 . 3/19/2010
I really like your story and the way that you weave the characters into it. I hope that you continue to post on Fanfiction!

Nemain
The-Bloodletting-Beauty chapter 4 . 3/17/2010
I enjoy this writing style very much, keep up the great work
Angellia chapter 4 . 3/16/2010
Sweet googly moogly! This story is fantastic! I'm hooked already.

It's interesting to see how Buffy would have turned out had she been trained as a potential from a young age, like Kendra and whoever else, but I'm glad she's not as stuck up as some of the other girls.

This is such a great idea. I really like how you've created a school where slayers and watchers train together, and how even though they've all got a sacred duty etc, they've still got normal high school dynamics.

And I'm glad you've included all our favorite characters, and still kept their personalities - which you've done a really good job of doing - while putting them in totally different roles.

I'm very, very excited to see where you'll go with the story, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when Buffy finally comes face to face with Spike.

I'm very much looking forward to your next update (I'd go on Livejournel but it confuses the hell out of me lol)
6464MiniDiceofRandomness chapter 4 . 3/16/2010
I love how you've fit the characters into a school setting, which I assume is no easy task.
lyin chapter 4 . 3/16/2010
hey, thanks for the shout-out ;D i was so glad to see this chapter as early in the day as it actually is, mine's been a big bundle of stress so far, so checking my e-mail in the hopes of something distracting and spotting an update was GREAT thanks for the escape into the world of Slayer-dom! ;P

way to pull off plausible explanations for getting everyone into the Watcher/Slayer Academy, and what an awesome dynamic going on between the two groups (it's almost a baggers/townies vs. cooler dorm kids kinda thing, like in back-of-the-day college movies ala Breaking Away, or geeks v. cheerleaders on a whole new level. love it :)) Cordelia's reason for being there was especially interesting, since it made me wonder how much the public is aware of Slayers in this AU is only an upper echelon of society aware of it, the way only some of the govt. knows about demons etc. in the series, or is it more widely known/rumored?). also, Willow getting Xander and Jesse (oh, and *Jesse* there's a completely underused/forgotten character you've already fleshed out with some characterization, in terms of how well he's doing in school... and Xander struggling here & being part of the package deal w/ Willow makes *so* much sense he's got great heart, but Aramaic-translating skills?...not so much, in any incarnation ;P)

love the brief look at Wesley, and i thought the simple line of 'who the older students still called Wes' managed to reveal a LOT about his student-come-teacher self, and it's great to see Gunn, too i really, really LOVE how many characters you're making use of and have brought together in one place, surprisingly convincingly, and from all the seasons (Miss Calender, Amy, Kennedy, Rona, etc, and they all *fit*... i suppose the only one who'd be a tough sell to bring into the school is Harmony ;D) although i'm clearly pro-Buffy/Spike (and thanks for the sites by the way! especially since i'm considering *maybe* trying my hand at some Buffy fic if I can finish my other WIPs and have no idea where ppl are posting these days)...I'm definitely curious to see if (okay, seeing how many characters you've gotten in and judging from Prodigal, *when*) Angel will show up... and maybe Doyle too? (hey, he was a teacher originally!... i think a grade school teacher, but eh ;P)

i think my favorite bit was buffy's characterization at the end, torn between wanting to fulfill her potential as a Slayer and not wanting to die, takes her in a nicely different direction, and extremely natural given the new circumstances, of her i-just-want-to-be-normal mantra in the series and a Slayer who only lasted 3 days? ep. (thanks for explaining the timeline shift, i think it definitely works oh, and a major wow to mapping it out with thoughts of book canon, i had practically forgotten the Slayer before Buffy India, right, from the Book of Four? this library one town over used to get ALL the Buffy novels ;D i remember that one as very weird at points, but i loved the whole story w/ her and her Watcher.)

basically, a great overarching chapter it can be really tough to keep bridge-chapters interesting, especially when they're spanning a bunch of years (and much as i loved the Lil'!Scoobies&Slayers-to-be, i'm excited for them to be a bit more grown up... especially with Spike on the horizon ;D... though, also, glad to hear in your review reply he's no Angel ;P b/c while it comes off well in the early seasons, in retrospect it way looks like Angel took advantage of Buffy, w/ his only excuse being he was REALLY screwed up & lonely) but, anyway, to return to my original point, great job keeping it interesting, well-paced, and clearly setting up a lot of different strands for an impressively epic story.

wow... guess this turned into a ridiculously long review hope you don't mind ;D thanks for the read and i'm looking forward to more!
Evi chapter 3 . 3/15/2010
More Please :)!
Miss-Charisma-cullen chapter 3 . 3/12/2010
I really love this story, please continue! it'd really very good and i can't wait for everything to start up properly between buffy and spike :) i gather buffy is the fire :D
megumisakura chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
update soon,please!
lyin chapter 3 . 3/9/2010
okay, the kid-versions of all our faves, and although they're all conveniently in one place, it's promising to be much, much fun, especially with Ethan and his snarky comments involved (but yay for Anya already at her proper age! and shagging Giles, nice ;D). The clique between the kids was a surprising twist too Buffy & Faith as alienated from the rest of the bunch. Oh. Also, I'm so glad I put you on Author Alert I can't believe you've already got another epic fic going, and I'm so jealous of how much good writing you're able to churn out!

Admittedly, timeline-wise, I was a little confused... since Buffy's a 1981 b-day, Nikki Wood dies in the late '70s... and Lion King didn't come out till, I'm pretty sure, 1994 (and if it's the Broadway musical and not the movie, I couldn't tell what with it being a NYC matinee, that's not out till much later). and she's still young but knows Harry Potter, so I was wondering if you'd decided to bump the year up, meaning the story/Buffy's teenage years are taking place more modern day..? Since it's an AU anything's game, but I just wasn't sure what year we were in at all, or, for instance, how much older than Buffy, say, Robin Wood would be in this fic... if it matters. ;P

Anyway, i LOVE how four-year-old Buffy views Disney-prince-Spike ;D i was a bit impressed to see Nikki beat him, and how that sets up the storyline... sorry to hear she then died, but that does keep Spike's 'Slayer-of-Slayers' rep intact. Spike & Dru as prisoners is also fascinating, and you seem to have a really good grasp of writing Dru's crazy-voice (tricky stuff). plus, interesting manipulations the Watchers seem to have pulled to pry Buffy away from her parents...

I for one would be sorry if you stopped posting at i've always found it the simplest site for reading/posting/reviewing; but i'd probably continue following this story on another site (what Spuffy sites do you post on? i've stumbled across a few in my recent foray back into the fandom, but so many seem to be kinda closed up now... until I got my hands on the comics and started re-watching the show in the past month, I hadn't really read any Buffy fanfiction in... probably six years. yikes.) anyway, I'm hooked & want to see what happens next, so as long as you could point me towards where I'll be able to read the rest of this story, I'll be following :) thanks for the read & good luck with all your writing!
Perpetually Dreaming chapter 3 . 3/9/2010
This is a very interesting and unique story. Please continue posting, I can’t wait to read more.
6464MiniDiceofRandomness chapter 3 . 3/9/2010
I'm reading! This seems like a very interesting story. It is very well written. Is Diana's last name Dormer?
unnamed chapter 3 . 3/9/2010
i like this and want it to stay
320 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 Next »