Reviews for Final Hope
MorningEve chapter 16 . 4/24
As somehow who usually watches Digimon Adventures saga, I am also disappointed with the epilogue (mainly because of Takeru and Hikari's relationship did go nowhere when they are bound to be the 'most important [romantic] pairing of Digimon Adventure saga', as compared to Yamato and Sora, and Ken and Miyako, but there are other reasons as well, such as the Dark Ocean, every child becomes a Chosen Children and the Ultimate/Mega evolutions of the eight (or nine, if Salamon undergoes Ultimate evolution to become Ophanimon instead of Holydramon) other Chosen Children's Digimon, and Catherine Deneuve).

NOTE: About Yamato and Sora and Ken and Miyako, these pairings are planned to be paired in the epilogue from the very beginning of the DA series (do not forget that Sora and Miyako had the Crest of Love and the Digimental of Love, respectively), whereas Hikari was not really planned to be a Chosen Child/Digidestined or the bearer of Crest of Light. However, by the time of 02, the sudden resurgence of Takeru and Hikari's relationship somehow became a surprise/shock to the production, that eventually resulted to the two songs that tell about the status of Takeru and Hikari's relationship [Focus and Reflection], in which it turns out that these two Chosen Children harbor romantic feelings toward each other, although they didn't realized that the other had the same feelings as him/her.
I wish this would be the one of the scenarios that will possibly happen in the Digimon Adventure Tri, maybe aside from the love part from Takeru and Hikari that happened within this story. After all, the Adventure saga left two questions: (1) How the producers will be going to handle the Dark Ocean arc? and (2) Will Takeru and Hikari's relationship (not necessarily romantic) become an essential/important plot point in the Digimon Adventure Tri?
andrethefavorite16 chapter 1 . 1/22
Me he enganchado a esta historia. Genial!
Digi-fanCatt chapter 16 . 9/7/2014
X,3 This is such a beautiful story, I'm glad I got the chance to read it.
Haikal Kaichou chapter 16 . 3/8/2014
Huwa... Sugoi desu ka! :D
TDDoHLaL chapter 16 . 3/2/2014
This was definitely awesome.

Chapter 11 was filled with really enjoyable Takari moments, but as well with a nicely built up storyline. I can pretty much imagine Yuuko's reaction after seeing her daughter on TV again because of Digimon.
The twelth chapter really managed to make my jaws drop, especially the last few lines. As much as the battle against Daemon was emotional, the cliffhanger at the end was just too breathtaking. But they can't be gone, no, Takeru and Hikari can't be gone..
There was a point where in chapter 13 I just could sit on my place, being not able to say/write anything about that. But the end of this chapter... Well, a part of me kinda expected that, but Apocalymon's apperance is still an awesome plot twist!
About chapter 14: Good to hear that Takeru and HIkari weren't dead after all. After all, Hope and Light always manage to save the day! :D
Chapter 15 is probably my favourite one. The beginning with the explanation what happened to Takeru and Hikari and how they managed to escape the Data World was pretty good, but the part with everyone Warp Digivolving... That was indeed awesome! I guess that every other Digidestined would be overpowered by having the ability to make all Digimon Warp Digivolve, but the powers of Hope and Light are unique, just as you described. :D In general this whole scene was - at least in my opinion - brilliantly written. By the way, I'm really glad that you included Ophanimon instead of Magnadramon.
The last chapter was extremely cute!- It balanced out all the battling scenes from the previous chapter, so I really enjoyed to read it. In particular the last scene with the promise ring for Hikari... In my opinion this was extremely amazing and a good way to end this brilliant Takari fanfic. Takeru's and Hikari's last words were great.

All in all, you seemed to think about everything in this fic. Especially such little details, like the 02 Digidestined still disliking to kill other Digimon or the death of Yoshie's previous son, made the whole story definitely more authentic.

Of course I'll take this story into my list of favourites, considering that it's definitely in the top 10 of my all-time favourites. Now it's time to read "The Times Between"!
TDDoHLaL chapter 10 . 2/28/2014
(As always, I type my first review after reading 10 chapters (during one evening).)
Okay... You're definitely an awesome writer!
The story is yet absolutely intriguing. The whole plot line with Takeru moving back to Japan from France is quite interesting. Especially the fact that he hadn't had any contact with the other Digidestined made the story more interesting and lead to some good plots yet.
As always, the characters are really IC (at least in my opinion). This is especially visible in such chapters like chapter 3 or 7.
You know, it was really great that you included Azulongmon in this story. If something involves Hope and Light, Azulongmon has to be there as well haha. His words in chapter 5 were pretty accurate. XD
The confession in chapter 6 was kinda cute. It was good to hear an eventual explanation of what happened to Takeru in France and why he decided to come back to Japan. I can perfectly imagine how the image of Hikari destroyed the darkness inside him.
Chapter 7... Wow, this was extremely adorable! Everybody was almost perfectly IC, especially because of their crests and the stories you built up around them. Koushiro's part was the best part in my opinion (you know, the last line was really... Prodigious! XD). Besides, it was really necessary from Takeru and Hikari to admit their love to each other.
Chapter 8 kinda destroyed me inwardly. XD The battling scene with Takeru protecting Hikari by the help of his light was just ingenious. As well I like the interaction in the Dark Ocean. But the last line... Well, that was the best possible end for this chapter!
Truth to be told, the conversation between Mimi and Sora in chapter 9 was absolutely hilarious, obviously because of Sora being plain wrong haha. Of course I enjoyed the absolutely cute Takari scene that followed the talk between Sora and Mimi (I have always enough time to read such fluffy Takari scenes XD). The ending was quite intriguing as well.
About chapter 10: First of all - I enjoyed the idea with Takeru's and Hikari's light saving themselves. But... Daemon destroying Dragomon!? I consider this as an interesting twist.
I'll try to read the last six chapters as fast as possible.
Conchors chapter 16 . 11/14/2013
I am at a loss for words. The only thing i can think to say is: Beautiful. Just Beautiful.
TK chapter 16 . 7/30/2013
OH MY GOD. you are such a good writer! Tears, laughter and anger went through me through this story. AMAZING
JazMint chapter 16 . 7/7/2013
Finished this for the second time! I just love how you tie in all the plots that the actual Digimon series didn't really finish :))
Ozuma thy Awesome chapter 16 . 6/26/2013
Beautiful I loved it
videogamenerd101 chapter 16 . 6/7/2013
["For the fourth day in a row?" he asked, grinning teasing manner.] This should be "…grinning in a teasing manner."

[Takeru knew this for a fact, given how many times she had dragged him out into in the last few months (not even counting the few times she had convinced him to go with her to some of the colder regions of the Digital World in the months before it had begun to snow).] "in" should be "it".

[He had been playing to give this to Hikari for about a week now, but hadn't found the right time.] "playing" should be "planning".

[She let of him and tried to pull the ring out, but Takeru took it from her and said, "Here, allow me."] This should be "…let go of him…"

Oh God… the end of this fic when Takeru gave Hikari the promise ring was just so adorable and cute and sweet. I absolutely loved it! And I'll definitely make sure to check out "The Times Between" and "Unending Light"! Great story, by the way! :D
videogamenerd101 chapter 15 . 6/7/2013
[How it that going to help us?] "it" should be "is".

[She hadn't expected Yamato to be the first one to recover his senses, usual Koushiro was much better at that sort of thing.] This is a comma splice; I'll assume you know what to do. Also, "usual" should be "usually".

[Koushiro seemed to studying them with a speculative look on his face and Takeru wondered which question he was trying to puzzle out, since Takeru was certain he had more than one.] This should be "…seemed to be studying…"

[He walked over to his sister, who had a worried looking Gatomon standing next to her.] There should be a hyphen in "worried-looking".

Yes, I've always wanted every single one of the Digimon to Digivolve to their Mega forms! I was so mad that it didn't happen in the show… But at least it happened in this fic! :D Oh, so I was wrong about the Apocalymon thing. Oops. Looks like I am kind of stupid. :P But I'm still so glad they won the battle!
videogamenerd101 chapter 14 . 6/7/2013
[He thought that if there was one colossal understatement that could describe the situation they found themselves in at that moment, it would probably be something along the lines of "things are bad".] "was" should be "were".

[Her flighty, thick-headed, stubborn, wonderful son.] There shouldn't be a hyphen in "thickheaded".

[He was trying to the work up the courage to do the one thing he felt least like doing in the world, but was also the one thing he knew he needed to do most in the world.] Take out the first "the".

[All but two, who Taichi stopped before they could follow the others out the door.] "who" should be "whom".

[Yamato eyes narrowed at Taichi's words.] "Yamato" should be "Yamato's".

["Can we do nothing without drawing attention to ourselves?" he heard Koushiro muttered as they ran towards the Digimon.] "muttered" should be "mutter".

Hah, I knew that Hikari and Takeru weren't gone! And now they're finally here to save the day, like the heroes of Hope and Light they are! :D Hmm… wait, now I get the whole Apocalymon thing from the previous chapter, maybe. Daemon Digivolved to Apocalymon! Lol, I feel so smart now. xD
videogamenerd101 chapter 13 . 6/7/2013
[The feed cut back to Kurata standing in front of apartment complex.] This should be "…of the apartment complex."

[Takeru and Hikari stayed behind to hold him off so the rest of could get back to the real world, but…they didn't make it.] This should be "…rest of us could…"

["You mean they're stuck in the Digital World?" Hiroaki asked, somehow knowing that it wasn't true and knowing just exactly what Yamato was saying, no matter how much he wished it wasn't true.] I believe this should be "…wished it weren't true."

[The Digimon were all next to their partners, all them quite quiet, probably sensing their partners distress.] The last "partners" should be "partners'".

[She was pointing at the television, where the news camera was showing a far away shot of Daemon.] "faraway" is one word.

Wait, does that mean that Hikari and Takeru are going to battle Apocalymon again, or are they just in the location where they fought him in their adventure? I'm confused… But I know it'll be all cleared up once I read on. :) God, I thought I was having a heart attack in that scene where Yamato called his dad to tell him about Takeru. But now I know that they're still alive. ;)