Reviews for The Throwbacks
Guest chapter 2 . 8/22/2015
Oh my gosh, I love this. IT really captures the feel of the show. i hope you decide to continue it, this sounds quite interesting.
ThrillBillyRyan chapter 1 . 4/7/2015
Too bad nothing ever came of this. It would have been cool.
Blackbird2000 chapter 2 . 6/20/2014
Thank you for this! Please update, I positively adore both of these shows, and there is not nerely enough avengers (I always think of Mr. Steed and Mrs. Peel first) out there, I will forever love you if you continue this!
fireflower297 chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
Both were also created by Sydney Newman.
mark3232 chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
A Dalek appeared in an Avengers episode. John Steed and Emma Peel were in a Doctor Who Magazine comic strip story called Party Animals. And there was a Doctor Who novel called Verdigris which said that Jo Grant once knew Tara King.
O. Wildish chapter 2 . 8/9/2011
Wow I like this set up, though I'm not too famillar with the Avengers as much as I'd like to be, please, please continue :)
timevagabond chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
Two things: First, and most obvious, you haven't updated in a while. I think you'll find that helps. Second, you're on to something great- Avengers and Dr Who were indeed two of the best shows of their time. Make sure, however, to remember that they had very different styles- the Avengers dialogue and attitude is much different from Doctor Who- ESPECIALLY David Tennant's, who you have chosen. Keep in mind his technobabble- I think you will find Peel will quite enjoy having someone who confuses Steed as much as he sometimes bewilders her. I would definitely suggest the later Rose for companion, if you're going to include one- she will interact best with Peel out of the three.
Sweet Christabel chapter 2 . 3/13/2010
The Avengers and Doctor Who is an absolutely genius idea! Looking forward to further chapters :)
LTAOZFAN chapter 2 . 2/27/2010
Very good start, just like a TV episode of "The Avengers." Of course, we all know what the police box means. Is The Doctor here because of those creatures, or did he just drop in for a few minutes on his favorite planet? Please keep writing, sir. Tell me more!

LTAOZFAN

"Them's my views, amen, so be it."

("Treasure Island," by R. L. Stevenson)
LTAOZFAN chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
I think I will follow along on this. I always did like Mr. Steed & Mrs. Peel. Do you remember the two-line subtitles that started many of the shows, such as: "Steed flies to no-where. Emma does her party piece?"

LTAOZFAN

"Them's my views, amen, so be it."

("Treasure Island," by R. L. Stevenson)