Reviews for Shoreless
SkywardShadow chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
MadaIta...you actually got me to read a MadaIta...one of my least favorite pairings in the history of the fandom...

Well. You have outdone yourself to the extent where it's almost ridiculous. I dunno if I'm going to be able to compose a legible review for this..

Purple prose. I love it. Your writing style here is insane-so beautiful and elegant, and all of the metaphors create really vivid mental imagery. One of my favorite such lines was:

'Itachi turned thirteen in a sudden burst of phoenix flame, emerging with a black scorchmark on his shoulder in the shape of an ANBU tattoo.' Gorgeous. Honestly, I would exceed the character limit if I tried to C&P all the lines that made me go 'Wow' here.

I like that we got to see all kinds of different 'sides' to Itachi-some we already knew, like his love for his brother and his sense of duty; some we didn't really see, like his politeness and occasional teenage angst. ;)

Biased as I am, I *loved* the little bit of ShiIta you put in there. Thanks for that. x)

Back to characterization...Madara. Wow. I loathe the guy, but you gave him so much depth! You actually made him less hate-worthy, which is a huge feat. His personality seems perfect, along with his musings-his thoughts on Itachi and the weakness of the clan-and his actions, like the way he teaches Itachi, the methods he uses for that. Really liked the hinting of his own friend/lover, and the implication that he/she died for Madara's Mangekyo. Also like his perceptiveness, particularly the bit where he knows that Itachi is walking towards Sasuke in the end, and not away from him. Fantastic.

'"We did this," said Itachi coldly, and it was not an endearing statement. "Not me."' Just...really liked that line, for some reason...

Right! Long story short, you have rocketed up into a league of your own after this one. I thought you were talented before, but this is just ridiculous. xD
Sivren chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Wow, and nice point of view. I'm glad I read it. You've done the characters well.
Error 410 chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Holy crap, this was amazing. I love your portrayal of Itachi and Madara. :)
Nanaki Lioness chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
I absolutely love seeing canon interactions between these two like this, and it's so rare to see. Madara is such an interesting character who gets very little proper credit in fics. I can easily see this as canon- as always, this is wonderful, and a joy to read :)
worldsheet chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Fountainhead...go figure, knew you'd put it in there sometime :) This isn't your usual style but I thought it was really nice. I didn't know you were a mada/ita fan!
Tenflowers chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
This was really pretty and very sad! Great job.
21 | « Prev Page 1 2