Reviews for One If By Land
Phx chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
And that is why there is such sweetness and comfort in a good bit of hurt. Girl, this made me go aw...

Aw...

See? LOL! Loved Dean's horror at finding his brother like that and then being so careful and attentive to his little bro in the after wards.

Wonderful stuff.
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
YUM, frosting! My very favorite part. And no one mixes it up quite like you do. Thanks to Karen for having a birthday and SO glad you were inspired to give us another lovely Sam-n-Dean hurt-COMFORT moment. :D
Charlie Girl 79 chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Excellent fic TraSan. Love to see the frosting and you spread it on thick for extra deliciousness. Loved jumping right into the fray, and the birds pecking at Sam, made me cringe, I've seen the birds working on a seal loin before...not a pretty sight.
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
I didn't rinse my bowel...I licked it clean!

Thank you so much! Frosting...My favorite! And gobs of it to boot!

You wrote:: "I'm the handsome knight with his powerful, black stead."

Yep...yippie,... yaho... spur that horse! He is a handsome knight on a black stead! Dreamy sigh!

Loved this, Tra...I bow before you!

Karen
Madebyme chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Oh yeah, now that's what I'm talking about! You always seem to give your readers exactly what we crave and this was all kinds of delicious.

You really captured the spirit of the boys way back in the good old days of season one (my comfort blanket season that I need to learn to leave behind but can never seem to bring myself to do it!) The banter and the gentle ease of their relationship was spot on and hey, if you add a little h/c well I really can't think of anything better.

Your descriptions of the sea and the surrounding scenery were vivid and I especially enjoyed the section with Dean getting Sam to and inside the car.

The imagery of the seagulls swarming Sam genuinely made me 'ew' out loud, which normally wouldn't have been a problem but I'm sneakily reading this at work, so I coughed a bit and cleared my throat and smiled! Wow, I wonder what they're thinking? Anyway, it was a freaky image and a great shout out for Hitchcock's ‘The Birds’!

And Phx is right, who needs a whole cake when you feast on the frosting! Wonderful stuff as always, I know I'm in for a treat with your writing! Take care, Abbi
J.A. Carlton chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Splee! Awesome schmoop! and nice to read something angst lite. Thanks for that.

Beautifully done as usual milady!

sifi
carocali chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Oh, how I miss these brothers. I think you hit this all spot-on for season 1. Oh, how I miss these brother... oh, did I already say that? Hmm...

I always love to read your stories as you paint the picture of the scene around them:

"Dean braced Sam against the car, letting the taller man's top half crumple against him in a limp embrace. With one hand he opened the passenger door, fighting to keep it open against the howling gusts. Man-handling Sam into the car, he patted his brother on the shoulder. "You made it, Sam."

I could see this whole forward progress as you told it, watching as Sam finally gives way to the embrace of his brother.

Thanks so much for this little nugget!

:D
Manavie chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
aw thank you so much for this :):):) Cheered me up BIG time! Lovely brother moments *sigh happily*

*huge huge hug*
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
I feel like, ok, I just, every time I see your name in my inbox, I get a flutter in my heart because I know that it is going to be something so brilliant and so fulfilling there and, wow, I was so right.

I don't even know where to start. You are a MASTER at descriptives-the physical- setting the scene, the characters, and setting the tone of the story, to what goes on in the mind and soul of each character-how you do that is so amazing. Just SO amazing. I have read many award winning authors who you word for word, match with your intensity and beauty and attention to detail in your writing. I hope you realize how damn good you are, and how delicious it is to read your work. It's like getting the best chocolate in the world, and opening it, relishing the sweet, savory flavor on your tongue as it melts in your mouth and sends all the signals-pleasure and fulfillment and pure bliss as you devour it, then realize you will forever crave more because it is just that good. That is how I feel when I read your work. Ok, so on to the story-I love how you show the raw emotion-stripped down to the core-of each brother-it brings so much to the character and the story, makes the reader connect and yearn for more. It was truly wonderful how you made me feel the desperation, the pain, and the love emanating from Dean to Sam and back again, with visual descriptives and with their witty, sarcasm in the dialogue. It was as if I was watching it unfold in front of my very eyes. Brilliant I tell you, just brilliant.
Ash8 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Yay! Nothing like a bit of h/c to brighten my day. Ooh, and birds pecking at Sam... *meep* what an image! (You know, I've had a hankering for the show to do a homage to Alfred Hitchcock's film The Birds - so crepy I recokon). Anyway, that's getting off the track.. :)

And I like frosting... :D

Thanks so much. I enjoyed it! :D
Ciya chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
M, delicious frosting. Great job.
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Awesome, great story. Loved the comfort and concern Dean had for his hurt brother. Poor Sammy, not just the monster got him, the birds picked on him too. Hugs, Vonnie
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Another awesome story. I really enjoyed the old, brotherly love that's been missing for so long. Thank you so much for sharing.
Disneymagic chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Thank you for the sweet, brotherly story. You made my evening as I sit here at work looking for something to take my mind off...well, work. Nice brother banter and Dean taking such good care of Sam really makes me happy.

DM
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Hello hun. waves!

That was lovely 'frosting'! I especially liked the sincerity of Dean's you're my brother reponse. He is a sweetheart, knows how to make his baby-bro feel better! Bev x
44 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »