Reviews for One If By Land
Nana56 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
*sighs happily* Perfect little fic! *pauses to savor* Yummy!

Really, really enjoyed it. Give Karen my thanks for having a birthday and requesting a fic. :D

These guys are just too cute! *pets them*

Nicely done, my friend! :)
Dimminished chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Aw, this was nice. I enjoyed, and loved everything about this story.

Sounds like you have a lot of very nice friends, and your dedication and author notes made me just as happy as your story did.

Thanks for sharing your writing with us. :)
SamDeanLover28 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
"Don't be sorry, Sammy, just stay safe."

aw chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Awesome one-shot. Great hurt Sam, protecting Dean and awesome Dean in full protective mode. Poor Sam being pecked by seagulls (do they really do that - there again have never had them that close to me!) and loved how Dean fired his gun to disperse them. Could so imagine them staggering up the embankment back to the Impala and safety. Perfect Dean back at the motel concerned about his little brother puking and making sure he had a little soda and crackers before taking the painkillers. And just loved

Sam smirked before closing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose, his head hurt way too much for a verbal duel. That didn't mean he was going to let it side-line him. "Then who am I?" He knew he was setting himself up for court jester or damsel in distress, but frankly, he lacked the brain capacity for a witty retort at the moment.

"My brother," Dean said with such sincerity that Sam opened his eyes, blinking as he processed it. Dean handed him the washcloth and towel and then, apparently having had enough of the near chick-flick moment added, "Don't you remember me? Jeez, Sammy, how hard did you hit your head?"

Awesome brotherliness and banter.

Loved every word.
Trish62 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Ah, I loved the end of this where Sam says who am I then, and Dean says my brother. Big sappy moment...oh, and yeah, how hard did you hit your head! Perfect comic release to wipe it away!

Nice little fluffy brothers!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Oh ew, do seagulls really do that? Bleeargh!

Apart from that delightful image (which will probably stay with me all day!) that was some lovely hurt / comfort you wrote there! And yay for divesting Sam of the horrible season 1 jacket!
Menthol Pixie chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Great! As all your stories are. Any word on Finders Keepers?
ncis-lady chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Aw that was just what I needed after a really bad day, made me smile again, thanks for that!
Cainchan chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
I like this season one story. Really good. I miss the brothers from season one. :-(
Wallflowergirl chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Eww, seagulls? That's a new one! Poor Sam...! I loved the "cuddling" parts - and especially at the end when Dean said "you're my brother"!
skag trendy chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Phx is right. Pure frosting is perfect... never was a huge fan of the cake. This was excellent my darling.

Good old fashioned Hurt Sam with Worried and Protective Dean, lovely images of big brother holding little brother against him: 'he cradled Sam's head in the crook of his neck' and 'Dean braced Sam against the car, letting the taller man's top half crumple against him in a limp embrace.'

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Kind regards,

ST x
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
I always love to visit the first season, so thanks for sharing your story with all of us.

Wonderful opening scene with Sam needing Dean and than Dean searching for his little brother.

When Dean saw the seagulls I thought of Sam, but had no idea that Dean would see his brother covered by birds.

Dean did a wonderful job of taking care of Sam, though one moment stood out, reminding me of Dean's role as a parent too,

'After Dean used the sleeve of his shirt to wipe his brother's mouth, he cradled Sam's head in the crook of his neck...

I enjoyed reading your story.

Thanks again for sharing it with us.
Rachelly chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Yay! A limpSam/big brother Dean fic! I loved it! Wish it was my birthday so I could order up another one! (smile) The boys, as always, were spot on. You write them so well! Loved how you started...with Sam missing, Dean panicking, and Sam having gotten injured protecting Dean! That's our youngest Winchester! And man, was he hurting. Great hurt/comfort! Loved Dean's care of his little bro. Thanks for the "frosting". It was DELICIOUS!
MysteryMadchen chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
What a fantastic one shot. Very well done and very well described. And guess what this was like a present for me because I turned 30 today. So you unconsciously gave me a present too. Thanks so much for a wonderful story, have a great week, Nicole.
44 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3