Reviews for Never Be The Same
klu chapter 25 . 5/16/2014
It's a Friday and today at 5am, I finished reading this SERIES (not just this story), which I started on Monday of this same week. I am sorry that I didn't stop to leave more reviews - because I really should have. But, I was just too wrapped up in everything to slow down long enough to stop and type.

First off, your character of Addy is complex and one that I found genuinely compelling. Her backstory and similarities to Dean - as well as the differences - in her personality and upbringing - made her a unique love interest for him. I think that the way she has managed to stay in her son's life and has regrets that she didn't allow Dean that same opportunity (yet still told him stories about Dean) shows a lot about her values and morals. She is multi-dimensional and while in many aspects is very mature, her quick-temper and lack of ever being an any kind of 'real' long-term relationship, makes her very immature for her age, and that is evidenced throughout the entire series. Again, this is perfect for Dean, because he is the same, they only ever had each other and don't really now how to properly communicate... I so many times wanted to yell at them "you need a damn relationship counselor! because you're both so quick-tempered and irrational!"

The way Addy interacted with Toby (who started to become more than a 'cute kid' and a solid character in his own right as the series progressed) showed that she has patience and grace befitting a woman who was destined to manage a Winchester. I loved how that was increasingly apparent when dealing with him after he learned the truth of his parentage and again as he got to be a 'terrible teen' (you even showed her using those skills from a young age herself in several flashback-dealings with John), but she couldn't seem to tap and master those same internal resources when dealing with Dean... :)

This story had a lot of fun Hunt-specific fun in it. I really liked how you first used the vamps to reconnect Dean and Addy, then the potential breaking Apocalyptic Seals to bring the brothers to Kidder. The vamp Hunt was well done. Addy's beating like all the fighting/beatings/torture in your writing) was brutal and the actions was easy to follow, visually 'available' to the reader, but not grotesquely graphic, if that makes sense.

Toby's abduction and the opportunity it gave Addy to tell Dean that he was the boy's father, as well as the need to bring Bobby into the storyline was very well placed in the over-all arc for the series. I did like the demon-vamp 'bad-guy combo' and the fact that Addy met Meg in the local market was a very cool twist. I'm not sure that her needing a car at all, let alone a repair was very realistic, since she can just 'pop in' (with vamp-boy in tow) wherever she wants, plus as a demon, she'd just steal one if hers broke down... but the idea that she used it to blend in and maybe in a small town everyone's cars are more recognized... So I didn't look too terribly hard at that plot-point.
The only thing that stood out as a glaring concern for me was even if Cas did the rib-sigil writing on Toby, he still lived at the same house, went to the same school and didn't alter his lifestyle (other than not taking the bus) after them getting him back. So even if Meg did 'disappear', Lucifer could have sent another minion after him rather easily to complete the ritual... And since there didn't seem to be a need for any specific day, just 'dawn' at the place of his birth, it seemed really sloppy that even though Toby's captors weren't keeping him at the convent, that while everyone was looking for him, they didn't keep at least one of them watching the convent, thinking that eventually the demons would show up there with the boy, just before dawn to do their ceremony... It was never made clear if the whole 'ritual' was just a farce in the first place, and the terrible twosome just took him to mess with Addy (because Rene hated her) and/or the Winchesters (because Meg hated them).
DeansGrl22 chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Wow! LOLz. Maybe I should start reading from the beginning, huh? yay!
DeansGrl22 chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Wow! LOLz. Maybe I should start reading from the beginning, huh? yay!
Rosa4dean chapter 25 . 12/27/2010
love it :)
sikeminatural chapter 15 . 8/30/2010
So its Meg who's got him huh? Interesting! I think this is the first s5 fic i've read. First spn fic in a long time apart from one I read the other day. I'm not really into romance fics either because the ones that aren't AU just end up being cheesy but this works. I just can't see Dean being so hands on with someone he loves so freely in front of Sam and co. But that may just be me.

I WANT MORE SAM!

Apart from all that, its pretty good so far. I'm trying to pace myself lol but I should be done soon.

S.
sikeminatural chapter 10 . 8/25/2010
hey! I'm liking this so far! Not really feeling Lay/Dean atm but they work! And I wonder if they'll tell toby the truth?

Great so far.
aevans88 chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
OMG my daughter is named adeliade jane and we call her addy with a y! People give us weird looks when we tell them her name. You totally made my day. love the story.
Vanexys chapter 25 . 5/30/2010
well i don't like goodbyes! but they are some how necessaries on occasions.
DeeDee87 chapter 5 . 4/19/2010
Hi just reading you're story for the first VErY good!Can't wait to read some more. Thanks!
Heather chapter 22 . 4/19/2010
Holy FREAK! ANOTHER CHAPTER! It's like you KNOW I have to leave for work now! EVIL! GA! Ok I haven't read this chapter yet tho...BUT I REALLY WANT TO!Oh the conflicting emotions...read or be late?READ or be late! AH! Love ya Lisa!
Heaher chapter 21 . 4/19/2010
GA! This was DEFINATLY one of my favorite chapters!SO funny! "Buffy totally lied!" LOL! oh oh...and "but Dean,I don't have a beverage." HAHA! Oh Cas. And the part with Toby asking Lay if she loved Dean...and then asked if Dean loved her...LOVED IT!

ps-Just tell me Rene coming back?Cuz I would FREAK!
Heather chapter 20 . 4/19/2010
Aw...Dean is so sweet!If I wasnt already a Dean girl I would be GA!For a second there I thought that Dean might be hurt..after the you wouldn't do that to us would you Lisa? Na. hehe
Heather chapter 19 . 4/19/2010
GA! Just when I thought it was safe to take a breath...BAM!Another fight scene!I LOVE IT! Ok...gotta keep reading now.I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU POSTED NEW CHAPTERS! I friggin LOVE you!
glolinde chapter 18 . 4/18/2010
DAMMIT, WOMAN! There better be a sequel! Maybe a Cass one? *hinthint* ;-)
DontWannaBeAClue chapter 18 . 4/18/2010
Hey! So I promise to update as soon as I get the edits.

As far as a sequel...been trying to think of a good plot so MAYBE...depends on it's warranted from responses or not (good enough for you Kaitlyn? Heather?) We'll see... still working on chapters now and hardest is this last one...yeah there will be an end...sorry :S