Reviews for Tabloid Headlines
The Silvermoon Wolf chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more reviews. PEOPLE DON'T KNOW GOOD LITERATURE WHEN THEY SEE IT.
Your characterisation of Gordon was perfect. And I love all the illusions to superman and the "have their faih rewarded" line. :) Brilliant writer, you hvae made my day.
Luminate chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Very well done. I like how it goes full circle.
All Nightmare Long chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
Awww... I just love the faith Gordon has in Batman. And the faith he learns other people have in him. It would be awesome to see the next movie play out like this XD
It's.Funnier.In.Enochian chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
*dies* I completely and utterly LOVE this! I've read a lot of BB/TDK fanfics, but I can honestly say yours is the best story out there! You kept Jim so in-character and your writing is simply brilliant; it kept me totally engrossed, start to finish. Really fantastic job and I really hope you know what a great writer you are ;)
Sappho's Cat chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
Cute story. Warmed my heart. Even portly incompetent reporters have heroes.

Don't judge. Love. Believe. Batman.
NOBLAHBLAHBLAH chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
Just loved it! I thought that Gordon would have a bit of a hard time with the lies he had to tell.
Vaoni chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
This is an absolutely brilliant story. Great work, you really sucked me in and I was quite upset to see that there wasn't an accompanying chapter!
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
I liked this. Especially the ending with the "Now we're two." line.
Bartimus Crotchety chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwesome Epilogue.

Good Job.

Bart
SoldierToger chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Very well done! You definitely did some homework on this :)
WolfDaughter chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
Good story! That final repetition of "Now we're two" just gave me the goosebumps! Great timing on the line.
lshjdgbfv chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
This entire story was a gorgeous look at the aftermath, and Gordon's voice in particular was so, SO true to the character played by Oldman, but there was one part in particular that made me just gasp out loud and touch my chest because, literally, my heart was pressing against my ribs.

"It's Arnold Patrickson, isn't it?" Gordon asked, trying hard not to think about what he was doing.

"Yes."

"I'm going to tell you something, Arnold, and you're not going to publish it. You try, and I'll flat out deny that we ever had this conversation and call you a liar. But if there are other people like you, other people hurting because they believe that their savior might have been a murderer, you tell them this story."

*whimpers* That line evoked so much of what I love about comic-universe fics, and I can't even put it into words. It was the unmasking scene on the train in Spiderman 2, it was the discarding of the ferry detonators in The Dark Knight... it was the moment where the common people and the heroes intersect, and the victory belongs not to the hero but the people. It's not triumph on an epic level but a common one, and that moves me more than any superhero's triumph. And you captured that so perfectly that it made me physically react to the emotion of it.

Just as good, for slightly different reasons, was this line: "Batman saved my life, Commissioner. He went up against a stranger with a gun to protect another stranger, for no other reason than that it was the right thing to do. So you tell me if that man is a murderer." Because it's one thing for the hero to have allies, but for an everyday person to believe in him so completely is something else. Seeing the results of the hero's work is such an amazing thing.

And the rest- I have to quote more lines now, because they're the little bits that painted the picture of the aftermath so well.

-Batman was an actual mutant bat creature. (He had a weirdly human chin, if that was the case. Gordon had Googled a picture of an actual bat, just to make sure.)

-"Jesus Christ, Gordon," Lieutenant Galiston commented once, "why the hell are you aiming for the face?"

-"He wouldn't kill the Joker, man," one of the rookies had been muttering over the coffeepot when Gordon passed by. "He wouldn't kill the fucking Joker and we're s'posed to believe he went and killed Dent? Or the guys guarding him?"/"He doesn't even use guns," his friend had replied. "Something's not right with this." - THIS. Exactly like Patrickson's faith above. *tears up*

-One night, somebody had carved the names of all the GPD officers that had been killed because of the Joker into the base of the signal.

-"Look, I know I work for a joke of a newspaper, okay?" Patrickson said. "And most of the time, I don't care. But I have people who honestly did see Harvey Dent walking around Gotham. He had half his damn face burned off, but he was up and walking. They're telling the truth."/"Please," Patrickson said, approaching Gordon cautiously, like he was worried the Commissioner might bolt. "Please, just tell meā€¦just tell me that it isn't true. That Batman didn't kill anybody. Please." - Okay, pretty much everything Patrickson said.

And everything else you wrote.

I can't even give concrit. IDEK.

Going to fave, rec and then re-read. Thank you so much.
Neurotic-Isopod chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Wow, love it.
KitCat Italica chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Wow. This was amazing. Your writing style is very well developed, and that's kind of a rare find nowadays. I especially loved the end, and your use of the flashbacks/ghost-like lines in italics. Very well done.

PS I love your penname. Me likes shiny... :)