Reviews for Broken Doll Pieces and Shards
OcSickGirl chapter 3 . 3/9/2013
Wowza! That was some hot furry lovin'...lol. Cool outtake!
OcSickGirl chapter 2 . 3/9/2013
This actually broke my heart. Knowing that Alec remembers but she doesn't. Although after what she went through who could blame her for shutting it all out.

Great outtake, both parts!
OcSickGirl chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
Loved hearing from Rosalie. :)
3Dreamer chapter 3 . 3/25/2011
I just have to say...

HooooooooWWWWWLLL!

That was so funny, you did a great job with Leah

Cheers

3D
lindsayrae chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
I know this is about...a billion days late...

Thank you so much for giving Rosalie a voice. Her place in Broken Doll is limited, but she's such a powerful character. You created a full, lively back story to Rosalie's life during "the break," and really showed how fulfilled she is with the work she is doing. I really liked this little piece, a lot. What an awesome addition to the story!

Cheers!
goldenmeadow chapter 2 . 3/26/2010
I'm about half-falling asleep and snoozy and ready for my nap, so I'll try to remain coherent and brief!

This is one of those magnificent fiery descriptions at which you excel:

Vengeance flowed like molten lava through my blood. I turned my deeply seeded anger into glowing stream of indigo light, forcing it out of the center of my forehead, my third eye. My body went rigid with this intensely dark rush of power. Throwing that light through the head, chest and groin of my assaulter, I blasted him with thoughts of fiery needles, shards of razor sharp painful things scraping and carving his body into a ruinous red nightmare.

One thing I have loved about BD is that in reading it I always discover new terms for supernatural beings...Nephilim this time!

This is lovely:

I simply wanted to curl into him like a tendril around a vine and go to sleep.

I can smell the sickening stench of melted flesh and completely see this image:

I felt as if I had been dipped in heavy tar, boiled alive under my own skin before the flames turned my flesh to blackened brittle coal.

Awesome, eerie, passage:

A voice answered, light and airy, like music played by an accomplished hand.

"Felix, you did what you had to my pet. Best not to lose this precious jewel to such a disdainful, mortal existence."

I could feel Felix's supplication to this man. He was Power.

"I worried you would want to change the Striga Witch yourself. I know what a prize she is to you."

"This one has no need for my ancient blood. She has her own power, a Royal Lineage, the potential to be my left hand. Her brother has taken to the change beautifully. They are feeding him now."

A cold lick of the crepe-like skin of his finger brushed over my cheekbone. He laughed low and inclined his head close to my ear. His breath cooling the burning canals to what was left of my brain, he whispered,

"You will be my favorite."

Fabulous!

Yet I could hear the beating of many hearts off in a distance. An orchestral assault of night sounds filled my ears, and damn near deafened me in fright and exultation. I could feel the dust swirling about weightlessly in the air, landing on my face. Every single minute particle landed noisily in a tap, tap, tapping across my skin. I opened my eyes; my eyelashes fluttered, sounding like the wings of a hundred starlings in mad flight.

Devious and twisted delights:

I was mildly...delighted over this trick. To maim with a thought. I would be powerful.

Oh, Ape! I like your little vignette on Jane! 'Drawbridge' door was a fantastic idea, the minutiae of Aro's robe fascinatingly raveled, and this is most creepy (just the way I like it!):

I was gloriously terrifying.

I was abject retribution.

I was carnage anew.

Kisses!

Rie
goldenmeadow chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Amanda, I love your Rose from the first time you gave her presence for me. Again, you don't disappoint:

No matter what her reasons were, I couldn't allow Bella to unknowingly give up her life. She had no idea what her future held, and ours wasn't a pretty fairy tale with a happy ending. True, we each found happiness in our mates and in one another, but what kind of life was it when you could never move forward. When you were frozen in time, while the entire world whizzed by, what did you have to look forward to?

Nothing.

It never ends.

You can visit every city in the world, but a good number can never be seen in daylight. Technology comes and goes, changing with time, but what good does it do when everyone you once loved is dead and buried?

I like this idea, and spinning of Rosalie's reaction...there is always another voice:

I didn't know what was going on in the minds of my stunned family, but I knew I had to try. I did my best to sound calm and collected, i.e. sound like a bitch, so that I didn't freak Edward out any more than he already was.

"God, look at the stupid grin on Emmett's face, you'd think he was at the circus...Edward looks freaked. Good. Tend to your mate idiot, don't just stand there, Esme will have to redecorate." I directed at him.

I know I came off aloof, but it was for Edward's own good. I knew this was not something to be taken lightly. Bella could do serious damage without proper training.

MWAH!
Gasaway Alley chapter 3 . 3/23/2010
Call of the Wet and Wild is more like it.

Whoo - that was hot as hell. I love you bringing up the potlatch ceremony and Bella letting Jacob go.

They gave each other no quarter in their lovemaking and you captured Leah so perfectly.

Passion - irrationality - carnality - boundless!

Words woven together tight enough to hold water. Wonderful update!

Smooch you both where the sun don't shine!
RowanMoon chapter 3 . 3/23/2010
Perfection. From the opening to closing line. You delivered the Leah I imagined and hoped for.

I'm going to copy and paste my favorites:

"I was here for my family. I was here for Jacob. And I was here for Bella.

Those Cullens? Well there was the slim possibility I wished the blood-sucking, bone-crushing, paranormally well-endowed clan had never returned. I mean, look at the mess they caused wherever they went! I wasn't talking about the spoils of their big game hunts – they were all about the environment and Go Green and all that crap, making sure to tidy up after themselves with a big blowjob to Mother Nature. But, hell, now Bella was some kind of witch, like…the Head Honcho Hecate from a multigenerational matriarchal line, she'd left Jacob (not so sad about that, except for Jacob's sake), and nearly blew him to smithereens on First Beach. Though I'd wanted to do the same to him once or twice back in the day – like the first time he'd snapped my bra, or when he'd run my panties up the flagpole at school, assmaggot – this was all a bit heavy.

I hadn't even had a chance to ask Bella, my childhood friend and former confidant, how she felt about all this shit erupting from the Nether World.

One look at her tonight told me all I needed to know. She was glowing. And not in a freaky, 'I'm gonna' light a fire under your ass with my fingertips alone' kind of way. I had my answer. This all came down to her and Edward. Always had, always would, and we were fools to have thought otherwise. Jesus, they had a frickin' myth created about them! Talk about predestiny, star crossed lovers and shit… Romeo and Juliet had nothing on these two.

It was clear, in the rapture of their glances, the touch of their fingers, the way their bodies swayed ever closer, Edward and Bella would die for one another."

You've proven in these few fabulous paragraphs that Leah is loyal, lippy and knows love when she sees it. Her descriptions of Bella were spot on, and I loved the "Go Green" Cullens giving a 'big blowjob to Mother Nature"

Her thoughts on the Wonder Twins made me smile. Edward catching her thoughts and sniggering into his shoulders was sweet.

The scene where she tries to get out of the ceremonial dance was exactly as pictured, grumbling Leah, blushing Bella and sweet soulful Sue.

This was knee slappin' funny:

"Now, I could live with this, as long as super-sensitive Jasper and control freaky-deaky Edward kept their undulations away from me. That Emmett? He looked like a whole lot of trouble, and fun. Shit, if it wasn't for Formica-face Barbie at his side, I'd give him a little tumble. Bet he liked some roughing, and ruffing, up!"

This line gave me chills, your turn of phrase was transcendent in this line, I actually squeed:

Jacob linked the rubbed and strung jewels around her neck… and with the catch of the clasp, he released her.

And this made my heart soar as you translated the image I saw in my own head when envisioning this scene:

"The atmosphere darkened, like a thunderstorm's heavy black blanket of clouds low on the horizon scaring aside the willow wisps and whips of frailer skeletal formations. A monsoon of emotion wildened Bella's face from woman to witch. Snap, Crackle, and Pop had nothing on this!

In slow motion, it appeared as if she grew taller, her posture straightened, her voice was both dulcet and brusque and not to be ignored, she imbued Leda's blue blazing eyes, and Uriah stood like a Redwood beside her. Their shimmery apparitions were cottony and fleece and they fled with her words:"

You let loose you own magic on that imprint. It was colorful, mystic primal mating at it's most otherworldly! PERFECTION! I might just hang up my wand, after watching you stir that cauldron of magical energy and imagery!

Upon getting his imprinted mate off the island, you give us the wild hairy wolfish lemons that made my toes curl and my mind scream "No she didn't!" But you did, and it was perfect and I am sated and so very happy and thankful that you loaned you amazing unique talent to give us a slice of Leah and Jake realizing, fulfilling and consummating their own destiny.

Thank you bright, brilliant woman. You nailed it.

xoxoxoxo

Kari
brandj chapter 3 . 3/22/2010
Totally tit-a-lating! Rie you brought this other worldly love to life! I aways love a Jake/Leah match up...so glad you paired them Kari!
Navarre chapter 3 . 3/22/2010
Oh, Rie...this was a treat to read!

I must say Lupine sex is...hot and hairy - Kari was certainly right on that account! Wow, girlfriend, I don't care what species we are talking about, you write sex that pops prose right off the pages! ;)

My fave: Leah's description of the Cullens and their "big blowjob to Mother Nature! Lol! Whe!

The view of this potlatch through the eyes of Miss Sassafrass was hysterical, shoot-from-the-hip, flip-a-bird perfection!
Viola Cornuta chapter 3 . 3/22/2010
a Leah with an undeniable (try though she might) strand of happiness and a Jake with a woman he can go to the dog track with. very cool, and hot, and sweet, and dirty!
TwiliteAddict chapter 3 . 3/22/2010
Well, it finally happened - someone made doggy style between dogs sexy! Witty like only Rie can do. A fine addition to you collection, Kari!
pill0wbiter chapter 2 . 3/17/2010
I really loved the take on Ioana/Jane. I like how we saw the manifestation of her vampiric power. I wonder if Jane had been turned in a better situation would her power have been that way or something that better resembled her state of mind before being turned?

And I am so excited that this is going to be a sequel! I'll wait forever for it!
brandj chapter 2 . 3/16/2010
Wow…have been waiting for this one!

Your description of Ioana’s past was sad, yet amazing. You gave every detail so much thought. The meeting between Jane and Alec was impressive.

Ape…great end to Kari’s beginning!

YES! A sequel sounds great!