Reviews for Two Tons of Detroit Steel
Lisa Paris chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
I think the little scene when Dean offered Sam the Impala (and not for the first time, either) spoke absolute volumes about the way he still thinks and feels about his brother - even though they were about to have a parting of the ways.

It has never been about Dean loving Sam less - rather that he can't yet come to terms with the grief he feels as a result of Sam's betrayal. Thank you for writing such an interesting and moving tribute to Dean's baby.
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Oh I love it. What a heartfelt tribute to the Impala and she deserves it so much. To quote you - it was their bedroom, hospital, retreat, olive branch, attic, neutral ground, base of operations, weapons locker, chick magnet, legacy, comfort, and shield. As well as, still, an expression of love.

And if I may add, she is family. Hugs, Vonnie
Orange Autumn chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Beautiful. :D Just beautiful.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
I enjoyed reading your story.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Aw that was a lovely look at the oft-overlooked third member of the Winchester family. Loved how you showed the way the boys' relationship has altered through the seasons, but always brought it back to the Impala. And it's telling of their different views of John that Sam would think he gave Dean the car for one reason, while Dean knew it was for something completely different.
MidgeVS5 chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Thoroughly enjoyed this story. The peeks into the many roles the Impala has played in the boys lives is fascinating. Well done.
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Perfect, gorgeous, true and filled with love - thank you for this...

Nana56 chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Several really good examples of the importance of the Impala in the Winchester world.

I'm sure they spent many a night sleeping in her when money was an issue.

Of course Dean would be upset about bullet holes in her when he's sitting there possibly bleeding out. lol

Loved Dean going out to the car with a blanket for him and Sam to share. No conversation, no space invasion. Just there.

And Sam taking the car to get her washed. That I really liked. A very tough year and an honest effort. :D

Nicely done. :)
Madebyme chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
I've always thought of the Impala a silent but sturdy member of the family and I very much enjoyed your portrayal of 'her' throughout the seasons - 'she' really does play a big part in their lives.

Shelter, weapons locker, protection, a means of escape. But it's not all about practicalities and I liked how you brought in the familial connection to their Dad and how more than anything she represents love, an object that gets passed down within the family. From John to Dean and then heartbreakingly from Dean to Sam, a real legacy.

The ending was strong, seeing how the Impala can bring the boys together as a team. And I agree, for me Dean handing Sam the keys represented trust as they begin to build their bridges.

There was so much to enjoy here and you know how much I dig the little details in your writing. Wonderful, insightful read and touching too, in a very Winchester way! Take care, Abbi
Katiki chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
I particularly loved the "I missed the car" "She missed you too" exchange. It's straight out of the Winchesterish dictionary. The boys say so much with that car!
sylia91 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Loved the progression of what the Impala has meant to both of the boys throughout the series. Dean offering the driver's seat is a true "I love you".
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Awesome story / stories. :) I love all of them, especially the second, hurt Dean. :)

It's so true how the Impala has always been there for them, Dean especially. :)
Disneymagic chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Beautiful fic!. You have such a wonderful style and I love the way you depict Sam and Dean's relationship through the years and tie it all in to the Impala and the role it plays in their lives. You have such great insight into the characters, also.

Visionairy chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Thanks for another great post! I really liked each of the scenarios. My favorite Dean line was, "No ceiling in the car, Sam," he offered gently.' Just what Sam needed to hear.

But my favorite part of this story was Sam's conviction that John had given Dean the Impala as a bribe, but followed by Dean's interpretation, "He knew Sam thought Dad had given him the car as some kind of twisted reward for not leaving like Sam had, or maybe as a bribe to stay, and Dean never tried to disavow him of the notion. He would rather Sam think that than know Dad's real motive: he saw that Dean's heart was broken and that he desperately needed something to take care of. It had been a gift of love." You convinced me.
Smudge93 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
I loved this. A simple tale of the one thing in Dean's life that has asked nothing of him and never let him down.

Loved this story and this line in particular was just wonderful. This is the man that I want John Winchester to be -He would rather Sam think that than know Dad's real motive: he saw that Dean's heart was broken and that he desperately needed something to take care of. It had been a gift of love.

Don't normally read a lot on this site but so glad that I stopped at this one. Mary x
47 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »