Reviews for From dirt
5 Coloured Walker chapter 74 . 4/25
A great story, well worth the read. I recommend it to anyone considering it!

I spotted a couple of errors, personally I think that while the one for DA2 was worse in starting, it ends better though... Now to Inquisition!
5 Coloured Walker chapter 54 . 4/24
You know, whenever it comes to this part of the story, I have to agree with those that point out the lack of evidence as to why this plot point is a little forced...

Makes for great storytelling though, even if Bioware left a plothole.
5 Coloured Walker chapter 18 . 4/24
You know, I really like that reference to the Arbitrary Headcount Limit, some things have made me laugh before, but this got a good cackle, you wove it into the story fantastically, bravo.
Bloodwolf432 chapter 74 . 4/26/2014
I didn't really enjoy this story like I did with your ME fics. At first it started out pretty good. The sassy elf, doing shit with good reason. Then it slowly degraded to some kind of drama show between Lynn and Alistar. The relationship between them was like a kid playing with a light switch, constantly going on and off. Then the part with Morrigan happened. Sure, at first it was about her getting that old god soul at first, doing it because she wanted to have it. Then it was because she wanted to save a friend from severe heartbreak and Lynn freaks out like she does? Completely uncalled for.
Forbidden chapter 74 . 5/27/2013
That was really beautiful. The fact that so many died made it realistic to a war story. Thank you for sharing this.
Adienath chapter 74 . 2/27/2013
Wow... That was amazing... I hadn't thought that a story so closely following the events of the game could be so powerful, I felt attached to your characters more than I did to those in the game itself, particularly Lynn! Truly a masterpiece, brilliant work. Congratulations to you both on such a wonderful piece of art.
TheMoxie chapter 74 . 1/15/2012
Great story! Even though the ending was not a 'happy one' I'm kinda pleased it turned out that way. Funny enough your story was very similar to my first play through of DA:O so it strikes home to what I felt.
Coldial chapter 66 . 11/1/2011
Well then that kind of put a damper on the whole story now didn't it. So much for happy endings no? I figured since you were straying from canon you would make it work out, guess I was wrong.
Coldial chapter 35 . 11/1/2011
Once a whore always a whore ey? Lovely.
Coldial chapter 5 . 10/31/2011
I like this, always wanted to have an in depth conversation with Duncan in the game. Although I don't really like how she uses sex, I eventually thought of Zevran. I shalls read on
Coldial chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
Wait wait, Laying with customers for extra coin? O so you picked the elven whore origin. Always wanted to no how that worked.
Shiruy chapter 7 . 7/17/2011
Oh my gosh, this is hilarious. XD I can just literally hear Alistair stuttering and spluttering, haha. This is exactly what I wanted when I started searching for Dragon Age fanfiction. Thank you for writing this! (Now on to the remaining, oh, 67 chapters... YAY! XD)
Janizary chapter 74 . 1/13/2011
Not sure where to start at the end of it all but, I'll just go with it:

- Your PM gave me hope for Alistar and, yes, I did grow to like him much more (well, at least after my review point at chapter 30). I'll throw the Kaidan comment away. His growth through the later chapters was quite enjoyable.

- Not the utter despair of Lividity Jones' or the outright cruelty of Syroc, however, throughout the story you've expertly created the sense of a gritty, often dark and cruel, storyline. Even the bright thread of Lynn's improving outlook was eventually countered by last several chapters of, first, a knowing loss of their relationship, then quickly followed upon by the devastating death of the one who had grown with her, and by her, throughout it all.

- Again, I've never played this game, but Bioware will probably get another sale now (in my shopping cart at Newegg). Ask for your commission. :D

- Thanks to your beta and editor, AJ, for all of the work in keeping up with you, keeping eyes from looking about 'miscellaneously' :-), and for what appears to be keeping a good humor through it all (even when reading some of that must have been crushing).
Janizary chapter 44 . 1/11/2011
You know, after getting this far I'm really thinking you should write a 'Jack' story for ME2. With how you done your Tabris, I think you could do an excellent Jack story.
Janizary chapter 30 . 1/11/2011
Your 'subtle' hints finally got me to take a peek (pay mind, I have not played Dragon Age...) at this FF. I know I'm missing a lot between some of the chapters, but I can keep up. ;)

I'm guessing that the conclusion of this chapter is the equivalent of a 'renegade' path option. I've been quite taken with some of Lynn's decisions, but this one was a whole step up in ends/means direction. Looking forward to seeing how this affects the plot-line later on.

And, Gads, how can anyone tolerate Alistair? I'm sure there are differences between the game and differing author's interpretations, but your Alistair is giving me a giant Kaidan headache. Maybe even worse. :D

Moving on.