Reviews for Cover Up: Models and mayhem–The Depot series
Jake Crepeau chapter 8 . 4/27/2010
Getting inside the killer's head - check.
Claude as red herring - check.
Mac realizing that Claude is NOT the killer, but not saying why - check.
Last-minute distraction with Paulo - check.

Four hallmarks of the best whodunits out there. All I can say is, a hearty well done!
Jake Crepeau chapter 6 . 3/3/2010
Farm in Wisconsin? Is that a reference to "Making of a Male Model"? lol

Gee, poor Lindsey's plight seems very close to the one of a model in the QL episode "One Strobe Over the Line." Maybe influenced a little by that one, huh, Leaper? ;D

And so much for Mac and Crys keeping their distance! Good move, slapping a tracer on Claude's car; pity they couldn't have slapped one on Dani. And speaking of the tracer...GPS technology has indeed been around since about 1972, but they didn't start *calling* it that until the '90s; before then, it was just a tracer. For clarity's sake, you *could* have Crys call it "one of our new satellite tracers," since by then it was pretty well known that they *were* satellite-based.

Oh, ye GODS, that makes me remember the very first cell-phones from about '88 or '89; they were the size of old-fashioned walkie-talkies, and you needed a shoulder bag to carry them in! One of the doctors at the hospital I used to work at had one, and I used to think he was carrying a radio before I found out it was a telephone!
Jake Crepeau chapter 4 . 2/25/2010
Smart move by both of them...considering the divorce rate among covert agents is nearly double the national rate, that doesn't speak well for the future of any relationships, does it? And, heck, you could even have Mac point out at some point that there's a REASON the military has strict non-fraternization rules, similar to the things they just voiced here.

But the Indiana Jones crack doesn't fly; the line in question comes from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, which didn't come out until 1989.

BTW, who's Jack Striker? Is he the guy that replaced Mac after Jon's death?
Jake Crepeau chapter 3 . 2/24/2010
Yay, another Cover-Up! Even if I only know the characters from your stories, I love a good whodunit, and you write some of the best. (Yeah, I know, you sent me some links, but they're on my laptop, and my WiFi card died on me, so I can't get online with it.)

Are you setting this in 1984? Because if you are, bleaching teeth didn't make its advent until the '90s; I don't even think dentists were offering that yet.

That phrase should be OUGHT to be; "aught" means zero, zippo, zilch, nada. ;D