Reviews for Icing on the Cake
Womenreligiousfan chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
Aww, sweet!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Delightful story. I agree with you about the Underage Magic rule; this is yet another way to make sure the Muggleborn never, quite, catch up (though if I were a Muggleborn I would work _really_ hard at wandless magic, since Hermione was apparently doing spells before going onto the Hogwarts Express). Although Large Marge blew up without the help of wand, so who knows how the Trace really works (or that could just be another inconsistency).

Nicely done.
Lady Whitehart chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
The first thing that made me smile was McGonagall referred to as "Minnie." The cake itself had to be impressive, and I'm sure her sister was thrilled with it.
waterside chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
Very nice. I can perfectly imagine the scene with Minerva and the cake! Canon tells us nothing about her personal life, and it is good to get such a vivid picture of it here. Thanks for sharing.
mindymoo chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
Cute!
Rose of the West chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
That's so sweet; the sibling love just shines through.
Kelly Chambliss chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Here from Alcina's rec -

Very nice. The older Minerva is clearly here in this determined, caring young one. The name motif is very IC.

/She'd attempted to actually make the wheels turn, but that had ended in disaster, with red icing being flung from one end of the kitchen to the other./

Haha! I just see her having this brilliant idea and then accepting its spectacular failure and moving on.
Bellegeste chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Gosh, you've posted it already. How frightfully efficient. As I said to you before, I think you have captured the young Minerva wonderfully well. It is easy to see the makings of the powerful witch she is to become.

I didn't know the Minnie Mouse thing either. Fascinating.
tall oaks chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Gosh, I loved this little story. I'm glad you mentioned the underage magic thingy, just to no one comes down on you for it.

I loved the Minnie Mouse bit, the information about her name being Minerva is so neat.

The build up to her making the cake and the reasons were very sweet. Hooray for you!
rae-sim chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
I liked this look into Minerva's early life. She strikes me as someone who would be a first-born.
Mark Darcy chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
I did know that about Minnie Mouse. I remember Walt Disney mentioning it either on Disneyworld or The Mickey Mouse Club when I was a kid.

I'd love to see that cake. Since she was only 13 and couldn't use magic away from Hogwarts she must have made the whole thing herself from scratch. I'm sure her sister loved it.
The Winterwitch chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Oh, this is ADORABLE! I do love Minerva so much, and you do her so very proud in this wonderful little jewel. I didn't know that Minnie Mouse's name was really Minerva, but how cute to know *catching plotbunny at tail and putting a leash around its pretty neck*. The nickname is rather obvious, though, and in my mind she's letting very dear friends using it even in older age. Only very dear friends, though ;o).

The story is a truly beautiful scene from Minerva's life, and doing this kind of surprise for her little sister suits her as well as her abilities already at that age.