Reviews for We Will Work with Each Other, We Will Work Side by
Anaethen chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
Yeah, thanks Castiel for putting a little sense into their thick heads. Seriously I've almost reached the end of season 5 and their constant self-loathing is starting to get at me. They really need someone to make them understand that they ARE nice people, for god's sake!
Anyway thanks for the story, well-written and well-thought, always a pleasure :)
Flame Ride chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
"I find both of your continued determination to martyr yourselves extremely vexing, yes."
-snickers- Best. Line. EVER.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
You're really awesome
renegadewriter8 chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
that last line... my heart is breaking (
Wicked R chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
that was certainly missing from the episode
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
Awwww. Poor sincere Castiel. He failed so very badly, in the end, but it made sense. Dean was improbably frank, but I liked the way you introduced the whimper.

Sam didn't press the point that Dean wouldn't have had reason to kill himself a long time ago if it weren't for the focus Sam had drawn on the family; he'd probably be an accredited mechanical engineer or something. Which is just as well, because it's seriously not his fault and normal Dean would be dying in the Apocalypse, except Heaven and Hell never would have offered them the option of not being born, since I don't think any other pair of brothers would have suited. Hmmn.

Very in-character dialogue for the most part; I don't mean so much what they said as how they said it. I liked.
Char-chan chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
aaaw! this was just so precious! uuuunf those three! 3
Em chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
Aww, that was such a sweet story! Love the interactions between everyone. The doubt. The certainty of Castiel. And it's true - without Dean's ability to have convinced him, there would be no angels on their side.

Thank you for sharing!

Hugs, Em
AuntMo chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Another great piece
banspurpleboxers chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Aww that was unbelievably cute."Go Team Free Will!" xD

Cas was very in character, and now I look forward to him actually giving the boys an earful because they really are "strong and stubborn and willful and immensely irritating." And seriously, being with them may really be the most frustrating experience of his life.

The three are just undeniably adorable together!
the music lady chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
your title being one of my favorite songs aside,

Holy Crap. you write angst the right way. seriously. It doesn't feel heavy-handed or melodramatic, and you keep everyone in character.

I freaking love your writing, and i'm so glad i got caught up so i could read your season 5 stuff!
KaliShu chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
Wow - beautiful story! I have to say I'm glad it insisted on being told in present tense. I'm usually not a fan of stories told this way, but this one really worked and I think the present tense added, rather than detracted, from the story. Also, wonderful bittersweet ending. Especially after seeing episodes after 5.13 (5.17 and 5.18 come to mind), the fact that they are born to play these roles and anyone else would have failed long before is telling. Finally, love the little bits of humor interspersed throughout ("I do not need to throw anything away.") Great way to break up the angst. Well done and I'll definitely be reading more!
Caligo Origuu chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
"I do find both of your continued determination to martyr yourselves extremely vexing, yes."

Excellent! I think you've got all the characters down very well, especially Cas' voice. I love the connection between those three.
trecebo chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
I know the angst slipped in there, and at the end, a tear tried to escape as well. Dang it all. Kripke might have the lock on video visuals, but you have the lock on the words that bring the feeling and emotion to the fore. Day-ham.
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
This was a FANTASTIC Castiel story! I really loved it. I loved that you have Cas giving Dean and Sam the much needed faith and belief that they are lacking. I LOVED that you did it with humor and sarcasm as well as with conviction.

Fav. Parts:

"They seemed very happy. They spoke of you." Castiel remembers standing at the corner, leaning against the wall to hold himself up, watching the young couple across the way. They walked along the sidewalk, stopping to look in windows, talking and laughing. Mary held her hand almost constantly on the gentle swell of her abdomen, and occasionally John reached over to touch it, too, his hand laying over hers. They talked of which toys they would buy for the child coming soon, whether he or she would be a baseball or a football fan.

"They loved you very much, Dean. Before they saw you, and until the day each died. They loved you with everything they had."

- AWESOME!

"Do you think it would be better if we hadn't been born?" Dean asks.

Castiel opens his mouth to respond, but before he says anything "No" rings out across the room, clear and firm. Castiel rolls his head over, sees Sam standing in the doorway. "No, Dean. The world might be better if I had never been born. But it would be a hell of a lot worse off without you."

"Sam..." Dean tilts his head toward his brother, exasperation and...something...else coloring every movement. "Come on. Don't say shit like that."

"What? It's true." Sam steps closer, sparing a moment to give Castiel a nod, as if to welcome him back from the land of unconsciousness. "You save people. You kill monsters. You make this crappy world a better place with every day you're in it."

-This unrepentant DeanGirl LOVED this moment! I just love Sam angst!

Dean whimpers. It is a true, genuine whimper, tiny and pained, so full of grief that Castiel's once-immovable heart gives a sympathetic throb. "Sam, Sammy, don't you get it? If you weren't here, if you weren't alive, if you had never been born...I would have killed myself a long time ago."

-*sob! Dean believes this too!

-HILARIOUS, but so honest and sweet in it's own way! LOVED THIS!

"You are...both wrong," he manages to say at last, and he opens his eyes to look at them, each in turn. "If it was not you, it would be another pair of brothers. My superiors have been planning this confrontation for generations upon generations. You never had any power of stopping it from coming."

Dean tilts his head, preparing to protest again, and Castiel squeezes his arm. "But..." He has to stop and gulp air again.

Dean pauses and waits, expectant but patient.

"But... I am glad that the two of you ended up in these roles. There could be no one better to defend the human race. You... You are strong. If the task had not fallen to you, surely the world's suffering would be ten-fold already."

They are looking at him, their eyes piercing. They want to believe.

"You are strong." Castiel repeats, gripping them both. "Strong and stubborn and willful and immensely irritating, which is the only reason you are still standing. Being with you is the most frustrating and aggravating experience of my life, and my life has been long. But... I would not trade it. I would not trade it."

-BEST MOMENT EVER!

Wonderful! You totally drew me in! Great job!