Reviews for Lingering Fragrance
Aidea chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
stupend
justbehappydammit chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
I grin every time I read this story. Just the way you portray how the world literally seems duller Kyon without Haruhi is awesome, let alone the line "I love you too, now shut the hell up!"
Karen chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
Did all that happen in a second? haha. Beautiful.
Durandall chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
I really enjoyed this story. It's subtle when it should be, right up until the very end. It encapsulates a very small slice of the world, but the minimalist delivery refines it. It doesn't need to be a sprawling multi-chapter epic; it's one defining moment.

I especially appreciate how it's unclear if the world around Kyon is _actually_ unraveling, or if it's just his perception because it won't matter in any case if Haruhi's not there - both are plausible, and both are valid. One case would seem to be less frightening, until you realize from Kyon's PoV, they're the exact same thing. That perfectly crystallized melancholy, and then the sudden clarity that follows it... It's almost poetry.

Superb.
stick.of.dynamite chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
aw... I love this story. The detail in this and the imagery is so amazing. I believe you nailed this. :D
LordPlagus777 chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Short and simple. Good read, better than some.
roankun chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
"i love you too now shut the hell up!"

so cute. i love stories that show haruhi's tsundere side... keep it up!
Broken Kilter Express chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Ha, fabulous, we need more oneshots with this approach.
uzukun7 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
this was a great idea but i feel like you cheated yourself by not expanding this into a full story. why was she leaving? what was the rest of the brigade's reactions? she left kyon in charge and not itsuki what's the deal? why didn't she leave in the end if it was so important to leave to begin with? besides seeing a broken down kyon is one of the most entertaining things in this series. in my opinion, it's one of the great themes about the whole disappearance arc in canon. i really hope you can expand this story. if not i did enjoy reading this. laterz