Reviews for A Rogue's Tale
ElizabethGW chapter 15 . 9/17/2014
This story is pretty neat! The way you portray Bishop and his demeanor is actually quite interesting. I like that there's some character development, unlike in the game heh. It makes me wonder, how will he react...will he betray Selene, lose to Casavir (yea right)...oh, the possibilities. I never know what to expect from you - and that makes things so interesting!
But really, this is going marvelously! I can't wait to read more!
Wingedtwilight chapter 9 . 7/13/2014
Oh my gosh this has to my favorite chapter of all fanfiction chapters I love this sooo much!
Wingedtwilight chapter 7 . 7/13/2014
I LOVE YOU STORY! I can't stop reading it! _ I'm actually making a Bishop mod for Skyrim that has romance and companionship like this story want to help me write some lines? You would be perfect!
BlueRoseofWinter chapter 8 . 11/19/2011
Okay, I just want to say sorry for the extremely long wait for my review for this, but better late than never, right?

Okay, for the review itself:

This was a good chapter, with characterizations and dialogue being right on. Sometimes the grammar and punctuation threw me off a little, but it was by no means, bad. It just took a tad rereading is all.

Hmm... Also, the parts about both Selene's past and Bishop's too was a nice add-in. I never really did find out via game about Bishop's past, if anything at all. He isn't exactly the sharing information type. So, I guess it is alright to take some liberties with his past as you said, it isn't really known. This is fanfiction, after all.

It is interesting how Casavir still pines after her, and wants only the best for her-very in-character, and without making him seem dull.

Once again, sorry I took so darn long to reply, and I hope you continue with the story. Will look for future chapters from you.

Write on!
BlueRoseofWinter chapter 7 . 10/26/2010
Okay, finally leaving a review. First off, I want to say that I like Selene's personality. One never knows what she will say or do next. It makes her unpredictable, which I guess is why she is chaotic neutral, lol. She is sassy yet has some kindness to her and I like how she was conflicted a little during the Neverneath tests. Also, I thought it was sorta funny how she responds to Nevalle when he requests her presence at Castle Never.

There are some grammar/punctuation issues, but nothing that was hard to read. Also, you may want to put a comma after Bishop's line of "It's rather cruel to tease, ladyship." I was a little confused at first of how that read.

One more thing. I thought it was interesting that you made her seem more like a rogue when she slipped past all the undead. I like that approach as she is not a fighter type but one who relies on stealth and trickery to do some things as she is a rogue. I have to admit that option never occurred to me as I was playing that part of the game. It sounds more roguish than simply going in and hacking away.

Anyway, that's all. Hope to see more.
BlueRoseofWinter chapter 6 . 8/3/2010
Just now read this chapter and I enjoyed it. I thought it was funny when Selene tells Bishop that jealousy excites her, that made me laugh.

One thing though is the single block of text towards the end. You might want to edit that so it is easier to read.

There are a few spelling/grammar errors, nothing too serious though.

All in all, another good chapter. I am going to add this to my favorites.

Please keep it up! :)
BlueRoseofWinter chapter 5 . 6/26/2010
Hi! Just now read the latest chapter and I enjoyed reading it. The gift of blackberries from Bishop was very sweet and I think you portrayed it in good ol' Bishop fashion.

I like also the description of the feelings between Selene and Bishop. Nicely done.

I noticed the convo between Bishop and Casavir was the one where main character has more influence with Bishop than the paladin. I should play more bad a** to get that conversation though. Hehe.

Anyway, another great chapter and will wait for more!

Keep writing! :)
BlueRoseofWinter chapter 4 . 5/6/2010
I like your writing style. I also like how you portray the romance between Bishop and Selene. I think it is sorta funny how paladins aren't supposed to lie and Casavir says "I'm not jealous". Right.

I wonder how Selene will react when Bishop betrays her at the gates. Hope to see more chapters!
BlueRoseofWinter chapter 2 . 4/28/2010
Hi, just read your story and wanted to review. I think you did a good job so far with this story, although I don't particularly mind how fast the story is progressing, unlike the other reviewer. That being said, everyone has their own version of writing a fanfic and you've done well. Keep up the good work, hope to see more.

-PurpleRainClouds9x
Arc Ascendent chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
Just finished reading the first chapter and wanted to say good job and how much I enjoyed reading it. You have a character who's not at all typical of most female PCs here on this site and put in a good effort to get Bishop's character right too.

As it happens I have two recommendations: first maybe try not to cover quite so much in so short a space of time. Sometimes the number of skips in this first chapter are a little disorientating for a reader. Otherwise I'd also like to say I liked it when you moved away from the standerd game dialogue as you seem quite gifted at extending the characters into new areas which the game doesn't go e.g Shandra and Selene talking about Bishop so I'd say just feel free to do this more often even if you use game conversations as the template.

Hope you write more soon, I'm interested to see how things go with Bishop and Selene.