Reviews for Take the Ice
Moltz chapter 7 . 11/12/2014
How can you not love Esme? She is the perfect blend of parent with her nurturing manners and heartfelt hugs.
Bella's making great progress in her professional life and her daily living skills as well as emotional stability.
Moltz chapter 6 . 11/12/2014
Bella's accumulating an amazing support system. The ladies, including Esme are definitely something Bella's been on desperate need of in order to get her life back on track. Edward has the patience of a seasoned veteran. But, Bella's figured out a way to set his body on fire with her skating.
Moltz chapter 5 . 11/12/2014
Renee has succeeded in isolating Isabella from everyone and everything, keeping her locked away from life as everyone else knows it.
Bella's fears confuse me though. Are they founded in the thoughts of her mother's failed attempts at relationships?
Moltz chapter 4 . 11/12/2014
I'm guessing Emmett and Jasper quickly figured out why Edward was so distracted at the beginning of their game. I'm also quite certain rose has finished off that speculation that a girl was the reason for Edwards moodiness.
Esme was hilarious at the hockey game. Will Carlisle give Edward a bit of a scolding for his ditraction in the beginning of the game?
Moltz chapter 3 . 11/12/2014
Bella's new found friendships in Alice and Rosalie have given her a level of support that she didn't even realize she needed.
Their encouragement by simply being there for her has giving her the foundation she has needed to begin a new path of her own choosing.
I can't imagine having a mother like Renee who has decided Isabella will never make her own decisions or have her own life.
Moltz chapter 2 . 11/12/2014
I'm lovin the girl time bonding experience. Bella has so much to learn from the outside world. Figure skating has taken up enough of her life and her ability to meet and be comfortable with people. Alice is in your face but not in such a way that she is terribly obnoxious. She and Rose are a great balancing duo for Bella's first real set of friends.
I wonder if Edward has mentioned meeting a girl on crutches to Emmett and Jasper?
Moltz chapter 1 . 11/12/2014
I was messing around in facebook a while ago and ran across this recommendation by Josie Priebbenow. I'm a Minnesota girl by birth and a hockey cheerleader in years gone by during high school. Most people get a strange look on their face when you combine the words hockey and cheerleaders together. Letting them know that you actually were on the ice jumping around and in formations causes them to chuckle. I just remember very wet pants after the Zamboni went by to clean the ice. Haha
Must keep reading.
moreno.cheryl37 chapter 15 . 10/31/2014
Your writing is beautiful and this story is beautiful! Edward and Bella are great, strong characters! I'm so glad you didn't feel the need to make Alice this spastic, over the top, crazy person because that just wasn't Alice. All your characters are very believable and real. I really love this Edward, so loving, vulnerable and gracious with his family and Bella. I'm so glad I'm reading your story and that you don't constantly refer to Alice as "that little pixie". I will definitly check your other stories out, thank you!
BellaVeyron chapter 4 . 10/4/2014
ARGH! Alright, so as of right now I love your story, but then you have to go and say something bad about the CANUCKS! WHY? And you do know that Canada took Gold in hockey 2010 and the Olympics WERE in Vancouver, the home of the Canucks right? Also, I don't know how much you do or don't know about hockey, but a hat rick (3 goals by one person in a game) is really not common, and it sort of makes the story seem unrealistic. And realism is sooo important in stories because they distinguish between a good story and a WELL written/amazing story. Not that the story isn't great, but yeah just some advice to make it even better. Awkward that I don't really like Wild though so...at least they aren't the Boston Bruins!
Guest chapter 26 . 10/2/2014
I read this story a few years ago and it is still my all time favorite!
bkohl chapter 15 . 8/29/2014
Re-reading this story for the zillion-th time. How in the world did I miss that you had them having the wedding just 15 miles from where I live?! Pretty cool! :-)
Iluvgleetwilightthg chapter 13 . 8/22/2014
You should make this into a book. It is exquisite. Amazing. I have read it about 5 times. I would buy the book at whatever cost. After a book, it should become a movie. I watch the movie every day if I could. This story is amazing.
Sally chapter 26 . 8/17/2014
I've really enjoyed your story of "Take the Ice"! As I love figure skating myself, it just adds the excitement and eagerness to finish the story! You have the talent in writing!
Side Note: As a suggestion, it would be great if you are able to write a story with the background of pair skating. For I am a total fan of Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov!
Ilana chapter 26 . 8/16/2014
Thank you so much for this story! I often read all night long - I just couldn't stop. Love the characters and how they grow during the story, especially Bella. Wonderful insight in ice scating too, I even looked up the different jumps you mentioned :-)
Greetings from Switzerland