Reviews for Take the Ice
screamingSOUL chapter 6 . 4/8/2010
Glad Bella's back on the ice. Love the UST Bella and Edward are giving. In my opinion it's one of the best parts of the stories. I'm a visual person, so thank you for providing videos and pictures of the outfits the characters wear.
browneyedgirl7723 chapter 6 . 4/8/2010
Can't wait until the next update! Love this E/B!
dreampills chapter 6 . 4/8/2010
she's back on the ice! although she's afraid, she actually got back on. but i'm really glad that edward was there to hold her hand a little )
MissRe chapter 6 . 4/8/2010
Yay for progress! Bella is growing and it's fun to see her become her own person out of the shadow of Renee. Renee really doesn't have a clue the amount of pressure that she puts on Bella with all her crap. I love that Bella is forming a relationship with Esme. A girl needs a mom - even if it isn't by blood and Esme fits the bill. I loved the girls supporting her though nationals. Loved the call and texts from Edward. Most of all, loved the skating. She realizes that she wants it for her, that she is sexy, that she wants more with Edward, and that while she doesn't feel ready yet, that she can get ready. That's pretty freaking awesome! :)
browneyeddaisy chapter 6 . 4/8/2010
Al Borland...FTW!

I love that he doesn't give up on her. Go E!
TamoraJ chapter 6 . 4/8/2010
I loved this chapter. The imagery was amazing, even though I don't know enough about figure skating terminology to know exactly what moves are being referred to.

I love that Bella is overcoming the pathetic "poor me, I'll never be good enough for Edward" syndrome that she has in so many fics (as well as this one at the beginning).

There might be a fine line between pathetic with a lousy self esteem and truly desiring to be better, to be worthy of a wonderful relationship with a wonderful man. Not because Bella doesn't deserve love, but because love motivates you to be the best you can be. And because she's right-a relationship needs to equally contributing partners. Not one who makes the decisions and one who does as she's told. I don't think a relationship in this day and age could survive that kind of inequality for long. It would be a sad thing indeed to see Bella and Edward 5 years down the road with her leaving him for the same reason she had to leave Renee: to be able to make her own decisions.

It would be so easy for Bella to simply latch on to Edward, becoming dependent on him as a replacement for Renee. She needs to establish herself before she can establish a healthy relationship. Because in a relationship, decisions have to be joint, for the benefit of both people. Neither partner can take over, neither can abstain. And as the relationship progresses, so will the importance of those joint decisions. Someday, those decisions may even include the welfare of little people. So Bella needs to practice her decision making on her own before she tries it as a team sport.

I really appreciate that she's not shutting Edward out while she learns this decision making thing. I really hate it when people (whether in fiction or in real life) leave every person and commitment they have in their life in order to "find themselves". In my mind, that's a cop out. An excuse for irresponsibility. But Bella is doing the opposite-she's learning to take on responsibility.

Well done. Impressive character and relationship development. I love reading how Bella grows a spine, how she gets up out of her pathetic puddle.

Please tell me that we'll eventually get to read how Bella gives Renee a much needed smack down-a "stay out of my life until you can stop interfering" speech maybe?
daddysbabygirl1 chapter 6 . 4/8/2010
Aw! They're so cute! Improvement! lol

Cant wait till next chapter! Update soon!
CourtneyLeighCullen chapter 6 . 4/8/2010
Such a great chapter! I can't wait for the next update :)
flecour chapter 6 . 4/8/2010
Fantastic Chapter! )
janispsnipes chapter 6 . 4/8/2010
Loved it - the girls' night, the game lounge & movie night, the practice rink. So glad you had Edward show up at the rink. I hope it doesn't take her too long to let him in on her thoughts. Thanks for writing & sharing. ;)
revans12 chapter 6 . 4/8/2010
Yes! Chapter 6 for the win! I'm oh so glad that Bella has decided to skate, but not for her momager. She wants to do this for herself and that will make everything so much better and more enjoyable. And discovering that she actually wants Edward, just made my day. I know longer want to smack her in the head ;) I loved this chapter, I really really did.
userunknown123 chapter 6 . 4/8/2010
Fantastic new chapter...I really like how you are not rushing things! I live for the slow burn...

Thank you!
Amieforshort chapter 6 . 4/8/2010
Hello *waves*. I really liked this chapter, there were alot of good points. I thought the way the girls, Esme included, gathered around her for the Nationals was awesome, and Edward's (and Em's) continued texts were sweet. I am glad she is starting to think things thru a little more, and question Renee's input and her own future. Thank you for sharing, I look forward to reading more of your story soon.
siriusyellowlab chapter 6 . 4/8/2010
Such a wonderful, satisfying chapter! I love how Bella is opening up more to her friends and to Edward. The evening when Rosalie, Alice and Esme came over was so good for her. I wonder if Alice can take over Renee's position as Bella's manager.

I'm glad Edward is persistent. He's not playing games, and Bella needs someone like him.

The time on the rink was wonderful. I'm glad she's done some soul searching, and I'm glad Edward showed up to give her a nudge. Their time on the ice was so wonderful and happy. I like a nice innocent frolic. I'm wondering what was going on in Edward's mind when she was skating to that one song. I'm also imagining that he pulled up all of her past performances on YouTube. Tell me if I'm right, ok?

Thanks for the wonderful update! I'm now off to your profile to look up the things you mentioned.
maizeandblueinvalpo chapter 6 . 4/8/2010
Edward is so good for Bella. He doesn't tolerate any of her nonsense. It s nice to see her becoming more comfortable with him.
8,204 | « Prev Page 1 .. 509 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 529 .. Last Next »