Reviews for Take the Ice
gitgit chapter 6 . 4/9/2010
oh my goodness

i loved reading this chapter

and the interactions that they had with one another and how appealing edward finds her skating

le sigh i find edward cullen in a jersey very appealing

lol

nice chapter :D

i thoroughly enjoyed how the girls came around and esme gave her a nice boost :D
HeathersTwilight chapter 6 . 4/9/2010
Progress is good! Love the story
LadyTx chapter 6 . 4/9/2010
Awesome chapter! I loved that he stopped by the rink to help her work through her 'self-pity' moment! :)
La.Tua.Cantante.83 chapter 6 . 4/9/2010
This is quite easily becoming one of my favorite stories. Now that Bratty-Vamp's "The Escort" is done. I need something wonderful like this that I look forward to that doesn't make me want to cry or scream from all the angst. )

In short, I'm addicted.

I was googling all the moves as I was reading. Thank you for educating me on skating moves. )

FABULOUS chapter! Mwa!
ColourmeCullen chapter 6 . 4/9/2010
Vodka, in a milkshake? That's a new one on me! lol

I loved that you used the "It's alive!" line... it sounded so funny in my head with Edward saying it though *giggles*

I just about melted when Edward told her to stop biting her lip! *sigh* So observant! And then the texting.. so sweet!

Oh, and I loved that Esme was with the girls to help cheer Bella up - that made it for me. Of course, that was before I got to the matching outfits! LOL

And my final thoughts; I don't think I've ever found skating so sexy... *swoon* So hot! I loved how Edward pushes her, just to the point she needs and isn't overbearing. 3
MandieMarmalade chapter 6 . 4/9/2010
Another great chapter. Wonderful progress.. I love the characters so much and how you are totally making them your own. Just amazing!

Apples to Apples is a wonderful game where 'Choir Boys' is the instant win card of choice of course!

And YAY for recognizing the awesome-ness that is Al Borland. In HS my friends gave that me as a nickname as I loved flannel... ) I was Al, my smart friend was Wilson, and our fun loving friend was Tim... Oh crazy times we had at the lunch table. Good memories. Sorry got off topic!

GREAT CHAPTER! Can't wait til the next one! )
nicnicd chapter 6 . 4/9/2010
First, again I have to commend the song choices here. I love Snow Patrol, and I have an incredibly special place in my heart for “Slow Dancing”—that song was my theme song for a minute.

You’re doing such a great job with this, hun. This chapter was great! I love how he seems to ‘get’ her—he knows how to act around her, knows when to push and when to back off. The ‘friend’ thing is genius: it gives him a way to insert himself into her thoughts, flirt, be in contact with her, while still keeping it casual for her. The best way to her is to earn her trust, and he’s doing great at that.

Renee—silly momager. She’s gonna push too hard. She’s got to be flipping though: her little star is living on her own, away from her influence, and doing a damn good job of it. For a woman who has had so much control of her daughter’s life up until this point, that has to be a scary reality. I could absolutely see her catching on to what’s happening and trying to undermine Bella’s shaky confidence in order to get what she wants.

His reaction to her skating was golden! Aww, Eddiekins, did the confidence and sass of Bella on ice get ya a little hot under the collar? So funny!

LOL at the jiggly leg—yay! My suggestion made it in :)

Operation Bella: I think it’s necessary for her to find her confidence first before jumping into a relationship. Otherwise, what chance do they really stand? Relationships are give and take, when one person is doing more of one or the other, it creates instability. Sure road to doom and gloom, js..

Sheesh, these reviews are turning into a chapter of their own. I’ll stop yapping now. Team EPOV, huh? I *may* have to go join that one…

*muah*

~n
nicnicd chapter 5 . 4/9/2010
Catching up on backlogged reviews—life is being a punk this week :(

So, I’ve already squued to you via chat, but… here we go.

You already know I loved “Baby, it’s cold outside.” That was adorable. I loved the skating, too. She is so confident with herself on the ice, it’s good for her to let them see that. She just needs to grab some of that, and apply it to real life. I have no doubt that she will—just not yet.

Her life has been so sheltered that it’s only natural that when she has this guy—incredibly good looking, sweet, smart, and successful—giving her attention, she would backpedal. He IS, after all, all of those things; of course it’s natural for her to assume he’d want something like that in a girl. Really, what does she know about him so far besides what she has been told by his family, and what she’s seen in the short amount of time they’ve spent together? She has no way of knowing what he likes in a girl—she doesn’t know him that well yet.

And those girls in the bathroom only heightened her insecurities. I thought her response was reasonable. I hate when shy, sheltered Bella is this all-of-a-sudden-sex-bomb. It’s not at all believable. I understand yours though.

Okay, on to the next.

~n
dizziestdaydream chapter 6 . 4/9/2010
Loved it! You are so great with banter. It was such a great chapter and as always, I am looking forward to the next.
rubyrandom chapter 6 . 4/9/2010
Great chapter! I love how Edward is not only supportive and sweet but that he's also really funny! I loved his persistence with the texts and then calling her out on not replying! Plus his 'excuses' were hilarious!

Loved them playing games together - gotta love Emmett with Bella! Sounds like me with my brother! Although I think everyone else would consider us the 'wonder twins'. LOL!

LOVED the skating! I really like reading about her getting back on the ice. Her insecurities are very realistic since that is all she's known. Edward skating with her? *swoon* Also, it was nice to see her realize that she does attract him.

I am fearful of Renee though - I'm afraid she's going to cut Bella off if she finds out that she's not going to make her 'comeback'. I'm sure that apartment is expensive...
Jamieson Zed chapter 6 . 4/9/2010
Such an excellent chapter. I love that your Bella isn't to far down the pity-party hole - I realize (and agree) that, because of her circumstances, she is definitely entitled to many of these feelings and questions regarding her self-worth, the purpose of her life, etc., but you've managed to create a strong character that, while suffering (understandably so) from these issues, she's also determined to push forward and not indulge too much for *herself*. And that is excellent - many authors would probably try to milk those circumstances WAY beyond what is necessary (and in doing so, turn the reader off the story), but you've done a great job keeping it nice and balanced D Can't wait to see what you have in store for us next!
Marie-Cullen-pr chapter 6 . 4/9/2010
Aww so sweet the way they skated together! Hope it wont be the last.

LOVED,LOVED this chapter,a lot going on and i love the progress that they are making specially Bella.

Each chapter gets beter and 't wait.
Keira Sawyer chapter 6 . 4/9/2010
this was a good long update! :D
shellwrx chapter 6 . 4/9/2010
I just want to say that this story has become like crack to me! I can't wait for the next fix. It's so sweet and well written. I love the skating! I know nothing about figure skating really, but I can picture the beauty and romance of Edward watching her and then joining her. Love, love, love this story!
ShamelesslyObsessed chapter 6 . 4/9/2010
It's very sweet how supportive our boy is being. And the free-balling in spandex comment was awesome! Total win!
8,300 | « Prev Page 1 .. 512 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 532 .. Last Next »