Reviews for Powers of a Woman
BetweenTwoWorlds chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
AW...I can't believe how close it came. I had to run straight to my friend Casey and tell her about it (she's boycotting season 2 cause they have yet to get together..and it's not going like book 2..I'm working on her tho) we were excited! It was amazing...and so was this fic! Great job!
MetalChickCrisis2040 chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
I have no words for this... It's just. Amazing one-shot. Totally looking forward to more Seeker fics from you! (I'm a huge sucker for RK & their sexytiems! Especially when its good!) - Lol.

Shall review your other fictions when I return from the store, till then. Ciao!

-Crisis.
Nevillefan chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
Wonderful! You actually kept them natural feeling and at the same time made it nice and steamy. Can't help feeling really sorry for Richardson though. The whole point of taking the walk was to distract himself and she comes along and makes it worse. Very enjoyable.
ahhpleezeninja chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Wow! Love it. Absolutely a good way to make sure Kahlan gets her pleasure too. :D
Chisis chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
I am a huge fan of the One shot when taking breaks from actual story writing. I do it all the time, and therefore am glad that someone else does as well (though, the difference between you and me is that you actually get back to writing your stories)

As to your story, I enjoy the first five paragraphs for their descriptions and metaphors. The paragraph that contained "Soft petals" "porcelain face" were really striking in creating the mental picture.

The next few paragraphs were good dealing with the conflict within Richard. I always have a bit of trouble writing him because unlike Kahlan, who's duel nature conflict is more clear and much easier to grasp, Richard doesn't exactly have the same pain and therefore it is difficult to have him battle himself, as he did in your story. I thought you did great writing him, and especially the sentence "the same hands that were so deadly with a sword..." was a nice touch.

The dialogue made me a bit green with jealous. It was a very natural dialogue, with both tone and pace. You built it up to the final moments nicely without going overboard with overly googy dialogue.

Now, to be frank, your story was a romance with a small angsty touch. So I can't really complain that I wanted to see a bit more of Richard's anguish when that wasn't what the story's nature was. It is a romance, and you were clear on that and did not stray into other genres. As a romance, I think this is a good oneshot that gives the reader (me, me, me!) exactly what they wanted; to have the tension build up of the first few paragraphs, the climax of the third to last paragraph (the paragraph that started with "Richard sucked in a breath...), and the resolution of the final sentences. As a romance oneshot, I think you did great on all these counts.

Cheers,

Chisis
LOTSlover chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Aw! That was so sweet and sexy all mixed into one fabulous fix! They need to figure out they can be together soon!
NinjaSheik chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
LOVED IT~!
Linksheart chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
this was so cute! i loved it! you did a really good job. what is your name on LJ? im on LJ too and i wanted to find you so i could read the other stuff you have and will write.
ForeverRK chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
aw what a sweet one shot fic

Great job