Reviews for To Imperialism
CaiaNadiya chapter 2 . 11/7/2014
I think that while Britain treated Hong Kong terribly when it was a British colony, Britain did introduce the idea of democracy to HK. If Hk was never a colony then it would have become just another city of China.

Of course what with the current situation in Hk, my opinion might be biased since I'm a Hongkonger. XD
SONICgal chapter 2 . 8/31/2013
Wow! You must've had to do a lot of research and stuff for those cultural references. It's a fascinating story. Bittersweet, but still good. Well done!
ohceallaigh chapter 2 . 3/13/2013
Good lord. My head and heart hurts.

England's a bastard, America makes me want to stab him, and Japan just makes me feel awkward, because YES, he totally screwed the Chinese over (more than just slash a scar across his back, dammit!), and seeing him care for China just makes me feel strange. I may as well say that as a Chinese, I'm not sure whether I want to hug or punch China. He's pathetic, honestly. China (the actual country) has done a lot of things to my past family tree. Awful things, really. I live in America right now, but I do visit occasionally, and everybody there makes me sick. But damn it, there's still a patriotic part of me that loves China to death because it's my homeland. And seeing him like this...I don't even know how to put what I'm feeling into words. You've captured China's aspects really, really well, because I love my homeland, but I find its government, its people, everything about it pathetic and stupid. Weird, I know. And my heart aches for the China that's being humiliated, laughed at, but another part of me wants to strangle him and scream "Y U SO STUPID?!11" or something. Healthy. _

ANYWAYZ. Excellent writing! I've favorited a CRAP load of fanfics from you these past few days, and I want to shoot myself for not finding you sooner. POISONAPPLEOMGSPAZSPAZSPAZ-I LOVED the way you portrayed England (because I get irritated by uke-tsundere-blush-blush England as well), and though he IS an ass in the story, I found myself hating America even more. Also very pathetic, but so very arrogant and cruel. All of your Hetalia fanfics are making me change my perspectives on a variety of characters. England's losing favor, France had officially FREAKED THE SHIT OUT OF ME what with stabbing England in the eyes, Italy's gaining favor (SO glad he's not an airhead when you write, zomg), and you're just too awesome for my brain. O_O

Okay, so I realize that this entire "review" was basically all about me (Iamsosorryomg _), but honestly: I love, love, LOVE your fanfics! I'm currently going on a Robinthon (?), and, liek, reading all of your stories. o_O Please, please, PLEASE keep writing, because I don't think I'm alone when I say I LIVE off of all this epic fandom. ;3;
Ceilo chapter 2 . 8/13/2012
I find your Author Notes as interesting and amusing as the story itself. :'D The British Empire was pretty awful at times, yeah. Can't disagree with that.

Amazing story, I like how it was told from Japan's point of view, and all of the smaller hints and themes were woven through the main story really well.
shingaling chapter 2 . 8/4/2012
Oh, this fic... America and England /sighsigh
shingaling chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
I feel so bad for China (damn England during the Victorian-era for forcing China to buy the opium and ruin their country)
CherryFlamingo chapter 2 . 6/24/2011
I'm happy because I hate threesomes ._.

That was such a mess. I love it when England is such a possessive man who doesn't seem to even care about the things or people around him, but then it becomes so painful once the realization of his consequences sinks in.

Love the fanficition... 3
CherryFlamingo chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
The written visuals makes it so addicting to read already...
Rezicca chapter 2 . 2/17/2011
This was fabulous.

To be honest, I know so little about the trade with China for opium and the like. This was just a fantastic story of it though.

I think you had China and Japan spot on, though I was sort of unsure about America and England until you explained why you wrote them the way you did.
TempestReign chapter 2 . 8/28/2010
really good story!
angelicwarriorsaveshizumi78900 chapter 2 . 8/9/2010
lol i wonder what China thought of all this? 3 other than that why do Germans take your beautiful towels? O.O *hugs* i love everything British.
PikaNecoMico chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
O: What was America going to say? Damn you and your English-student appreciation of crypticness.

I loved the atmosphere in this. Just... *shudders*
DAGDROMER chapter 2 . 6/29/2010
Absolutely amazing!
blind-alchemist chapter 2 . 6/15/2010
I must add~ I loved the scene of Japan cuddling with China at the close of the chapter.

I really appreciate this fanfic, with its crucial historic backdrop and skillfully portrayed characterization; you have a gift for crafting stories. Thank you for uploading.
kwaiiChan-chan chapter 2 . 5/23/2010
Poor Japan having to witness that grossness. And America and UK are the worlds worst houseguests XD I felt so bad for China though especially in all his foolishness and for Japan