Reviews for Scattered Leaves
Clandistera2 chapter 20 . 5/9/2016
okay well this destroyed me emotionally.

thank you.
sian22 chapter 20 . 10/22/2014
This is absolutely lovely...your prose, the cadence, the imagery and the flow are all so lyrical and beautiful. Thank you for it
Mellon chapter 20 . 7/23/2013
Great story, though very sad. I nearly cried during some parts. Very well written.
Neleothesze chapter 20 . 6/16/2013
This was one of the most well-written fanfics I have ever read. Your take on elven life, their world-view and mentality, all seen through the eyes of Miriel and, to a lesser extent Legolas, fit perfectly with how Tolkien himself envisioned the elves. I don't think I noticed one moment when Miriel behaved in a manner better suited to a human and which wasn't explained by her growing closeness with mortals.
I really felt as if I was living through the events side by side with her, seeing things through the eyes of an alien being that was gradually bridging the gap (in understanding, outlook...) between two vastly different races. It was painful and bitter sweet and simply perfect.
I'm sorry the review won't do your story justice. I'm dead tired but I wanted to write this while the impressions were fresh in my mind.
Neleo
annafan chapter 20 . 3/4/2013
Thank you for this story. The best myths and legends use magical, unreal realms to explore very real human emotions and situations, and this is what your story has done beautifully. You give us a moving and believable account of what it is to be torn between two loves, finding oneself doing wrong for motives which, but for a cruel twist of fate, would in other circumstances be blameless. And your portrayal of forgiveness and the possibility of redemption at the end is brilliantly executed. Legolas forgives Miriel, but in a believable way, because the anger and pain he felt is not brushed away, but is out there on the surface. Definitely one of the best fanfics I've read.
LittleSparrow93 chapter 20 . 1/6/2012
This story is beautiful. I normally dislike Faramir/oc romamces but this is so well written and dosent totally ignore canon. I like the way your wrote the charactors, felt very realistic. I could not stop reading, I have just read all 20 chapters in one go. Its now 2 in the morning , which would explain my babbling. should probably go to bed now!
Rosalie chapter 20 . 4/12/2011
Your story reads as if it were canon, which I have only encountered a handful of times. Something that stood out to me was the alienesque quality of the Elves, alike to the race of Men, yet not. For the most part the speech-patterns were also perfectly suited to the characters. I was briefly jolted out of the dream-like state your story induced (which to me is the mark of a brilliant, versus a merely decent story), when Mìriel used contractions such as "won't". I don't think Elves use contractions, but I shall have to reread LotR to be sure, you have my thanks for the excuse ;).

Thank you for taking the time to write and share this,

Rosalie. ( )
lunarius chapter 2 . 6/18/2010
I've only read two of your chapters so far and just had to review. Your writing style has such a beautiful and nostalgic tone to it that brings your character to life and makes it seem like she really has seen such sadness and beauty throughout her many years. Thank you for writing and sharing this story with us.
marta-aldie chapter 3 . 6/16/2010
I'm sorry, but i can read only the first three chapters, so what can I say? I like Miriel, she's an interesting character, and, you know, I love my Legolas ( yes he is mine) and I'm glad you didn't destroy the tolkien's character, describing yours. I'm waiting to read the end of the story to talk about it, but I think it's great. ( You have to love because it's my first english review and I did it only because of you).
Araloth the Random chapter 9 . 5/15/2010
Wow. . .the dialogue is just. . .beyond eloquent. I found the meeting between Denethor and Miriel very interesting. It was nearly like a battle of words! :)

Araloth the Random chapter 6 . 5/15/2010
I loved your portrayal of Faramir. Often I see Elves being portrayed as rather condescending towards Mortals, but Miriel could see the beauty and sorrow in him for all his short span of life. (Faramir is one of my favourite LotR characters so it’s nice not to see him mangled into some sort of wrist-cutting emo! ;P)

The only nitpick I have for this chapter is that you’ve referred to the sun as ‘he’ – oddly enough, in Elvish mythology, the sun is a ‘she’, because the Maia who drives the chariot of the sun is a female spirit called Arien. It’s only a small thing but for some reason it managed to catch my eye!

Araloth the Random chapter 5 . 5/12/2010
Do bear with me - I still haven't read the rest of your chapters but I'm getting there!

Once again, Eldalie, I have to say how much I love your style. First person is not easy to write (at least, in my opinion) and you've managed to do it in a convincing and highly descriptive way. I admire authors who can make you almost see exactly what is being described in the story, and you, my friend, are most definitely one of those authors. :)

Nieriel Raina chapter 20 . 5/11/2010
I have seen this story many times on the newly updated list and have skipped over it for many reasons. 1) I can't stand 1st person POV. 2) Legolas/OFC in which the heroine then falls for a MORTAL? The horror! 3) It has a certain archaic stiffness to it that sets my teeth on edge...

By all rights, I should not have read it. And if it had not turned up on HASA review, I probably would not have. And what a gem I would have missed! By all rights, with so much against it in regard to my taste in reading, I should hate this story, but you left me in tears and I am in awe how you could bring so many elements that I can't stand into a story and make it so moving, so HUMAN. I am duly impressed and I thank you for a tale well told, a beautiful story.

*standing ovation*
cklammer chapter 20 . 4/27/2010
(This review is for the complete story.)

Your writing flows like poetry - you are indeed a Bard Extraordinaire.

Wow! What a beautiful tale - I enjoyed it so very much.

I regret that I was unable to follow the story chapter by chapter.

Words fail me ...
MushroomCap chapter 20 . 4/21/2010
YOU FINISHED YOU FINISHED YOU FINISHED YOU FINISHED YOU FINISHED YOU FINISHED YOU FINISHED.

I loved it.

I'm so glad you're going to do the Silm now, I love that almost as much as I love the Hobbit but not nearly as much as I love the Adventures of Tom Bombadil...those two are pretty much even, actually.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »