Reviews for Sakuradamon
Heartkreuz18 chapter 29 . 3/28/2017
I LOVED THIS STORY!
Guest chapter 29 . 5/10/2016
Great story. well written.
kokoronagomu chapter 26 . 12/15/2015
hiko's arrogance, mannerisms and poetic sense when it comes to sake hint to a somewhat high birth and upbringing. at least a lower ranking samurai or higher even. his appreciation and later using his eye for aesthetics and artistry says a lot for his position before he became seijuurou hiko xiii. common people don't have time or the education. probably doesn't wear daishou because he doesn't need two swords.

hope you got to see the live action movies if not google: good drama rurouni kenshin live action movies -the actual movies will be listed by release date.
gin
kokoronagomu chapter 18 . 12/14/2015
i don't really like when one of my favorite characters gets tortured but if it has to happen, i'm glad it's over now. love your depiction of hiko... i love hiko but i doubt i would be able to get along with his attitude, although i love reading him written so well.
gin
TOSoldtimer chapter 29 . 8/1/2014
Great story. Loved the insights into Hiko's character. And poor Kenshin. No 10 year old should have to endure what he went through. (But I fear boys in war torn parts of Africa are still suffering similar fates - with no rescue in sight.) Thanks for a great read, and I hope you keep writing.
Radiant Celestial Aura chapter 29 . 9/9/2013
Excellent Story! I'm sad that that it ended, but I really liked it! :D
Vryheid chapter 29 . 4/15/2012
Definitely one of the best characterizations of Hiko I've seen on this site. Properly makes the guy out to be a badass while still dealing with his own limitations and insecurity. Had a very exciting storyline as well, though I felt it got a little too heavy on the historical background at times. Would read again regardless.
nitokiri chapter 29 . 1/18/2012
Hehe, liked the foreshadowing "i seem to recall the last time you wet the bed..." Overall, I loved this story, I can never resist a little Kenshin torture :)
skenshingumi chapter 29 . 7/5/2011
I liked getting a bit of Hiko's POV after the return and certainly the late bed wetting makes sense after what Kenshin's been through. I did like that bit of stubbornness that shows through as all Kenshin can focus on is that he can't do this at 11. I enjoyed the epilogue and yet I am torn whether the story should have ended at chapter 28 which had more power and seemed so fitting. In any case, this has been an excellent story, quite a good read.
skenshingumi chapter 28 . 7/5/2011
What a perfect ending to an excellent story! I am glad you didn't let the attempted suicide go and I think even as short as it was it represents and important conversation that would echo to Kenshin later in his life. And the last paragraph and that last line were perfect. Did you have that in mind for along time or were you just inspired as you wrote this chapter?
skenshingumi chapter 27 . 7/5/2011
I like the sweet image of Kenshin unable to keep his eyes open. Once again, at some level Kenshin knows Hiko cares but he keeps missing the looks and hints that would reassure him (and of course, Hiko cannot seem to just tell him).
skenshingumi chapter 26 . 7/5/2011
I picture Hiko as made for the outdoors. Too many days couped up in small rooms wouldn't fit him at all and I like how that shows through. His testing the doctor's son was a nice touch giving a peek again at his concern for Kenshin.
skenshingumi chapter 25 . 7/4/2011
Too bad Kenshin is too out of it to see how much Hiko does really care. I like how he can't really get himself to complete certain thoughts about the condition Kenshin is in. Also, with all that has happened, he can't really spend much time thinking about the fact that he fail to keep his promise to Naosuke. I did like how you had him acknowledge that he at least partially succeeded in protecting "The life I've been entrusted with . . .."
skenshingumi chapter 24 . 7/4/2011
Well, it was good that Jisaemon finally got his end although after all he did he deserved worse. I wanted to scream when he wouldn't admit any real culpability to getting Hiko into this or so casually using Kenshin. I am sure Hiko would be ready to scream with frustration. I did like htough that instead of letting it out on Kenshin, Kenshin's relief to see him kept him quiet for now. I can imagine though, that once back in Kyoto, Kenshin will pay for this over the next year. It's been an exciting, absorbing story and as it winds down, I am sorry to see it end.
skenshingumi chapter 23 . 7/4/2011
Well, I knew of course that Hiko was fine and the saya was a trick but I still didn't quite see how this would lead the Naosuke's death. I think I see it now and very clever too.