Reviews for Disenfranchised
Greta Herron chapter 3 . 3/11
Love this story..I always thought Uhura was a better match than Chapel...he never reacted to her at all, while Uhura flirted with him on the bridge often in the firs season...
Majestrix Stormbringer chapter 3 . 11/13/2013
*wails* Oh, Uhura, I know what you're feeling. Ugh, it had to be horrible on her. I'm glad Spock stepped up and did what he could to remedy the situation at that time. Thanks so much for writing!
MORE chapter 3 . 9/22/2013
MORE MORE MORE
SpockLikesCats chapter 3 . 6/17/2013
"And I was not allowed to see the commander," said Uhura looking at Spock not the doctor, "I tried" she said and Spock felt a flutter of the panic, sadness and frustration she had felt being denied the right to see him. The doctor opened his mouth to state the visiting policy of sick bay, looked down at those linked hands and his memory of shouting at her caused his mouth to snap shut.

Every unmarried partner, every gay lover, every good friend, knows the heartache Uhura was feeling. I love McCoy's starting a thought and stopping it dead, as he sees policy in a new light.

Some of the medical technology seems a bit too much contemporary ["today'], but the bandages in the story add to the feeling of tentative touch and tenderness.

The closing paragraph really shows the mutual trust of the three.
SpockLikesCats chapter 2 . 6/17/2013
"They lay for a long time quietly Nyota stoking where she dared and he stroking her back. They lay for a long time and then Spock dozed. Nyota was still to keyed up to sleep and lay watching him. His face relaxed in sleep caused a physical ache of love in her chest so intense that it was hard to breathe" ... anyone who has loved knows well that physical ache.
"The unattached men know I am free and …they just think I am a fussy bitch, or gay..." Ahh, military men, they seem never to change. Dammit all.
SpockLikesCats chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
'He approached the bed slowly, put a hand down and eased himself gently into a sitting position on the side of the bed one leg bent so he was turned and facing toward her. He saw her reaction to the agonisingly slow movements and his involuntary grimace.'
This says so much, because the reader knows while Spock is in physical pain, he can deal with that; the *real* challenge for him is Nyota's emotional pain.
"...it is a poor man who has no one to weep for him. I have only you, Nyota and you only weep because you love me." I have only you ...! Spock is learning; soon he will understand he has more people, but this strikes the heart with the same arrow as the turbolift scene.
Guest chapter 3 . 6/12/2013
This was beautiful. MOAR
Aashlee Elizabeth chapter 3 . 5/22/2013
Thank you for writing about disenfranchised grief. I want you to know that this story helped me recently help a friend after the loss of her former fiancé. Because of this piece, which came to the front of my mind at the memorial gathering, I understood more what she was going through and knew that it was important to treat her like a widow more than just another mourner. I think it meant a great deal to her.

What a wonderful thing when fanfic has real-life applications. I though you'd like to know that you more than entertained with this story - indirectly, you helped someone through a rough time. Thank you.
msgonzo10 chapter 3 . 7/1/2012
Short and so sweet! Great job!
TOSoldtimer chapter 3 . 9/26/2011
Wonderful sad story. I had never thought of this. Secret lovers are in a situation very like that of gay couples in states which afford them no rights. So sad. I wouldn't have minded finding out a bit more a out how Spock got hurt.
hymoor chapter 3 . 12/3/2010
I really like this. Spock and Uhura making each other Medical Power of Attorney feels right, and the fact that they just do it in front of McCoy and not the universe at large is in character.
sienna41 chapter 3 . 11/6/2010
Well told. Beautiful moments.
QTFics chapter 3 . 4/18/2010
That was so sweet and tender.
bk-1205 chapter 3 . 3/29/2010
This is so great. Love Spock and Uhura. Love the relationship that they have in this story. More please!
Roman Holiday chapter 2 . 3/28/2010
This is ridiculously sweet.