Reviews for Gotham's Tarnished Knight
pyrrhicvictoly chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
Wow! I really like your style. It's captivating. The dialogue, the tone, the atmosphere... It was hard for me to find fault with this piece, so the little things I point out are probably really nitpicky.

One thing that I noticed were the ellipses. You used three periods with spaces between them. I'm pretty sure that's also correct, but I thought it was a bit unusual, and sometimes the spacing actually pushed the last period onto the next line on my screen.

In the line beginning with "Higgins grimaces, then added" there was a tense change. "Added" should be "adds" for consistency. That was the only time this happened, so I guess it was just a little slip-up.

Anyway, I loved the atmosphere in the first scene, and also Bruce's conversation with Alfred. I actually laughed at that. Really! It had just that little bit of humor to brighten up the piece. When Alfred had to fight back the urge to say "I told you so," I just went, "Oh, Alfred... How I love you so..."

I used to read Batman comics as a kid, but I've never delved into the fandom enough to have read many fics. This was very well-written, and definitely a great read!
Abandoned.See new ZefronsAngel chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
The words you chose to use to explain/describe things in this story were good:) For example, 'the pointy-eared silhouette.' I think that was the best one.

I like the beginning of the fic. The first paragraph is a strong beginning for the story. I know that most people judge a story by the first 1-2 paragraphs, so that's good you wrote it well.

Overall, I think you did a great job with writing. It's been a little while since I read a fic with good description:)
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
A very interesting, well written story! I liked how you didn't focus on the angst ("Poor me, nobody understands my crusade anymore!"), but on the 'technical' problems of Batman's crime-fighting after Dent's death, such as the police's reluctance to deal with the criminals he'd turn in. I'm not going to judge Bruce's decision myself (you didn't judge it openly in your fic, either), but I think you showed the difficult consequences of his choice remarkably well.