Reviews for Damn Girl chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
Loved the story, I really felt it.

... and you've made "Damn girl" my new favorite song! :D
theHuntgoeson chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
Full of their ability to cause each other pain and their love for each other, despite the pain they inflict. Gene's uncomprehending rage and resentment, and Alex's near-despair, burn through every word. Thank goodness you put in that spark of hope at the end, or this would be unbearable to read.

Just one thing - I think pashminas only became must-have accessories in the 1990s...
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
When I first read this, I was rather distracted by the details - would the Gene Genie know the subtleties of eye color, or what a pashmina was? - and by the spectacle of Alex turning both violent and vulnerable.

Then the second time I read it, I was overcome by a profound sadness and empathy, particularly for Gene - it's his POV, after all - but really for both of them. The stew of emotions is rather disturbing, but I'm left with the impression that both want to make it right (and both feel a degree of appropriate guilt). I like it that Alex reminds Gene she's not a piece of property.

But I like the Gene-isms, though, too. The phrase "a good seein' to from the silver spoon brigade!" And I like the sense of hope at the end.
sillygenie chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Oh how can you bear to write this without crying. It's just so sad. Thank god you put in the ray of hope at the end. Lovely descriptions though, the sausage dog, the pashmina, and the blunt spoon - brilliant. Just hope you do another chapter to rid us of the pain:)
Dinny93 chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
That was unbelievably heartbreaking... loved it though. Aw, poor Gene and Alex! At least it didn't end with them angry at each other though :)

3speckledeggs chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Disturbing! But I like it. Gene losing Alex-I can't imagine it. Almost don't know what to say!
Bloodheart06 chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Omg that was amazing!

you so have to carry this on! : D

Novindalf chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Wow. Some very very powerful angst there.
x-Bedazzled-x chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Fantastic story but you ended too soon!
sash queen of the jungle chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
building up the heart was beating over time and nearly stopped at the end. loved the energy and emotion.
Eleantris chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
That was beautiful, it really was. An absolutely brilliant entry and a different approach to the others I've had, what with all the angst. I'm glad you didn't leave them angry at the end and the lyrics you chose fit in really well - I liked them! I might need to go and listen to some of their songs, I haven't really heard many of theirs before! Thanks so much for entering! X D
Gem6 chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Aw! That is beautiful! And so them! Loved it!

Gem xx
MinxySix chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
This was fantastic Mage- the portrayal of Gene's pain and hurt is perfectly blended with his underlying anger. Best line? "was up there with having his penis removed with a very blunt spoon"- genius. :D