Reviews for Lateralus
dvd123 chapter 19 . 2/28/2013
The last few chapters of this story had me bawling like a baby. Just so beautiful and emotional, and there's a sense of rawness and longing and missing that makes my heart break.

I really like this look into how the team would cope if God forbid, Tony was murdered. Everyone's a huge piece of the team that can't be taken away. And Tony has always been the one that provides the relief in same way. It hurts so much.

Now that I've read all your NCIS fics, I'm wondering if your favorite character is Ziva. She takes up the most part of your stories, and you write her beautifully. Not that I'm complaining if she is, since she is definitely mine. Love the depiction of McGee's and Ziva's friendship, the bond with Ziva and Abby, and the dynamic with Gibbs and Ziva.
Catmint chapter 19 . 11/26/2012
Yay, I get to break the three-figure-review-number barrier!

Anyway. *puts on serious hat* This is incredibly brilliantly-written fic. There's drama, loss, pain, despair, hope, anger, comfort...anything and everything. I felt exhausted by the time I finished reading this, but in a good way. Your style is excellent, skills high... I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this (and I do try to provide constructive criticism/alerts to typos - but there is nothing I can say here!) Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic.
mr mark gibbs 1989 chapter 8 . 9/9/2011
keep it up i love this one
Gabs chapter 19 . 6/16/2011
Spent my morning reading this, and it's absolutely one of the most beautiful and rewarding NCIS fics I've read to date. So layered and complex in the emotions and twists of the plot. I love seeing the darker places explored and you did that so well here. Thank you for posting!
sbz chapter 3 . 8/14/2010
Just found this fic. It's wonderfully written, with one consistent problem that mars an otherwise impressive story so far. That being, your tenses. You start out in present, then drop into a section of past, and back and forth.

Take this chapter as an example. The first three paragraphs are past tense. The next four are present. Then a line of past, then back to present.

Changing tense is a gigantic no-no, and as a general rule should never be done. Pick one and stick with it.

Otherwise, looking forward to where this goes.
LyssLovesShules33 chapter 19 . 7/17/2010
I hardly ever cry at fic but this one... this one was so amazing and had tears flowing down my cheeks the whole way! OMG!

So, so, so, so GOOD! One of the best stories I have read on here!
polarpi chapter 19 . 7/17/2010
This was a wonderful end to a great story - bravo! :)
Hermione's Shadow chapter 19 . 7/17/2010
wow... that was just, wow... there are no words for how fantastically well written that last chapter was. Truly, I am sitting here now, trying to think of how to review and tell you just how extraordinary this last chapter (the whole story really) was, and I am coming up blank. The emotions that this last chapter stirred up in me, I have no way to describe them. I don't know if I felt it deeper because I have been touched by the death of a loved one myself or what, but the way you captured the inevitability of life moving on afterword truly blows me away. Life moves on and there isn't a damn thing you can do and at times it hurts so bad you don't think you can survive and at other times you are able to find a sense that just maybe things will be ok again one day, that you will be ok again one day. And then sometimes, after you make that realization, it scares you all over again because you being ok without at the person there just doesn't seem right. Anyway, I'm sorry I got a little bit carried away, but I just wanted to say that you truly have a gift with words and I hope that write another story soon.
STLFAN chapter 19 . 7/16/2010
Nicely done.
diana teo chapter 19 . 7/16/2010
The reverse-timeline at the start,nicely was the scene with the new it never come to pass,Tony not being around any more,amen.
Sophie Ranier chapter 19 . 7/16/2010
that was a total masterpiece. I loved it so much! you captured the characters PERFECTLY. this was absoultely wonderful to read. thank you so much for the great read:D
Gunner'sDream chapter 16 . 7/15/2010
"It was about standing alone against a concrete wall, waiting, praying. Praying that all you fought for was worth something for someone else in the end."

Hermione's Shadow chapter 18 . 7/9/2010
omg, I can't even begin to tell you how much that made me cry, if only just because of the simple truth of that chapter. Things change and people move on and even though it is just the natural order of life and the truth, sometimes nothing is scarier. I know for me, one of my biggest fears is that one day I'm going to forget how my mom's voice sounded, or what she looked like. Right now it isn't a worry, its only been 3 years since she died and I still think of her every single day, but I am so terrified that one day I am going to wake up and go to bed without having thought of her once, and even though I know that it is life, I know I will feel like part of me is betraying her.
Magnis chapter 18 . 7/8/2010
Ohh I can't wait! This story is sooo good...except for the whole you know Tony dyin thing:). Just continue iblovr this story!
diana teo chapter 18 . 7/8/2010
did I miss this amazing gem of a story? Better late than never,I thought I'd be reading a non Tony-centric story but you sucked me with your brilliant writing skills and and oh,so real emotions and eyes have been watered and heart wrung in almost every chapter.I applaud you for this beautiful piece if work.