Reviews for I Hate You Dad
this is so sad :'(
I share it chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
I share the pain of having a father that don't care. A father who hits and kicks. A father who wants you dead. A father that loves trucks not they kids. A man i can never forgive. But a man thats still family. And i love my family.
Karinta chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Jokermask18 chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
This is great and while I'd rather not talk about how,I know how you feel.
FrostOfFate chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
I agree with katara, I'm really glad u wrote this story. I needed it
FrostOfFate chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
I agree with katara, I'm really glad u wrote this story. I needed it
Venn364 chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
It was actually very hard for me to read a lot of this story because it hit home extremely hard in quite a few places, especially towards the end where I actually had to stop reading for a moment.

My father left when my brother was a few months old and I was 3 and we only occasionally get short sporatic visits. To make things worse Mum has serious heart problems so I've pretty much been in charge of taking care of the three of us for a while now. My little bro is always trying really hard to impress him and it makes me so mad that he doesn't get the attention he deserves, every time he brushes off my little bro or upsets my mum by calling the house I feel like comitting patricide. I don't care so much anymore that I don't get any acknowledgement from my father anymore, I stopped caring when I realized that my resentment towards my father was damaging my relationship with my little bro and spilling ovr to damage other parts of my life. I'm still unbelievably angry I just try to bottle it up better.

Sorry about my angst getting in the way there. This story was very well written, short and too the point. It shows that you've put a lot of your personal feelings into this, the simmering frustration and anger that can never quite be expressed properly is very clear in Katara's words about her father. The last question she asks is the most powerful line in this whole piece of writing and made me tear up a bit after I'd been doing so well for the rest of the story.

PS: You are forgiven for going after Hakoda, writing about Ozai wouldn't have been nearly as good
Firelord Lionheart chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
It's good, but if it's a personal thing against a father, I think this should have been about Zuko and Ozai.
AnnaAza chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Aw...very emotional and realistic.
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Ouch ... I suppose I can understand your feelings, if your father doesn't treat you right. I was hesitant about reading this, but I can tell that, despite the POV, you still respect the character. But this also makes me better understand Katara's initial anger at her father in the Season 3 opener - it brings a LOT more light into the complex personalities of their characters, including explaining WHY Katara is the Gaang's matriarch so much of the time.

After Iroh, Hakoda is the best father-figure in ATLA. He's an honourable and just man, patient and kind - he clearly loves his children very much, but made the hard decision to leave them, even KNOWING it would hurt them, in order to better take care of them: by fighting in the war to make the world a better place.

I can't help but feeling that if you want a father-figure to vent towards negatively, you'd be most FAIR giving it off at Ozai. WORST. FATHER! EVER! Still, I can tell that you relate to Katara and her relationship with Hakoda personally, so I can accept this. It's a beautiful, bittersweet piece that shows how you can both hate someone and yet still love them at the same time.

gODSPEED!
LivingInMyOwnFantasy chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
wow thats really deep i like it and i hope you find a way to work things out with your father
BananaBabe903 chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
I loved it! :) this was really personal, and I love it dearly! :) great work!
zukoxluver chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
I am so very sorry about your father... The story was amazing though... I can relate though... My dad isn't much of a dad either so I feel your pain... Unless your dad ran out on you and your mom and bro or something then I don't... But ahem... As I was saying awesome story and I could feel your passion... Write on )
Mithendel chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
hey sometimes it is best to get out what you keep bottled up inside, and writing is a good way to do so. i hope that everything is alright with you.