Reviews for Just a Chorus Girl
nadzuke eno mono chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
I love this pov nuff said
strawberryobsession chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
whoa. you really captured the character well. i was extremely moved while reading this one-shot. i really enjoyed reading this. have you thought/considered writing a full-length story? if so, i would gladly read it :)
LimitedEternity chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Hmm this may have been angsty but it was in an intense you really feel what the character is feeling sort of way. Theh story just sucked in you and held you there until the end. I actually felt bad for Helen even though this was such a short story. And I applaud you for being able to write something so beautiful with only one character in it. I always have trouble with that. I'm writing an original story and my main spends some time on her own... having trouble with that part. care to read it or give a few pointers? And your right. The chorus girls ARE always in the wings.

I think this is how my friend feels as a singer sometimes.
originalworksof chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Wow. This is my third Théâter Illuminata fanfic. This was the best one I've read. I really liked it. I enjoyed the repetitiveness of her not being a true character. This is why I've always like minor characters, whether they have names or not; I've always appreciated them. I really, really liked this one. Keep it up!
Invierna chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
I love Eyes Like Stars, and this was a great story. I'd love to see more of Helen. Great job!
Vampilla chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
woah that was some of the most beautiful writing ever. Loved your style and your choice of words please write some more of this and not some more "cutesy and fluffy" stories Loved everything about it!

:D
capslocknanao chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
That was fantastic! I can't think negative thoughts about that story, you're a great writer and it really had that wonderful voice that Mantchev has (and I love so much)!
Ducktape980 chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
WOW! That was... wow! really good!
Luxuria De'Voire chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
Wow...

This quite a strong read.

Corresponding to your commet at the end, I was actually exspecting this to be "cutesy and fluffy", but I was quite wrong. In fact, very wrong.

This was very deep, and right now I am wondering (and not hoping) if this was based on a reall occurence between you and the chorus girls, yet you did say you heard some chorus girls bad-mouthing lead roles out of jealousy.

Speaking of which, I especially loved your use of metaphores, symbolisms, and such. Comparing the theater as a pit of venomous snakes was a favorite of mine, along with the makeup symbolizing a hiding spot (or so I perceived)

I would also just like to note that A Midsummer Night's Dream is one of my favorite Shakespearean plays, Othello and Hamlet being my faves though I'm sorry to say, ever since I saw the modern movie of it, I just can't stand Helena! I liked her when I read the play, but she was just too whiny in the film!

My favorite sentence: " My soul is consumed by this selfish desire, and I must give in."

beautifully written! You could just use this sentence alone for the description to be honest. I can't define how much I love this line...

Unbelievable job, Nocta
UnderSeaFlower chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
I like this, a lot.

Very good job.

Excellent writing, good grasp of the concepts.

Pretty exceptional.

Thank you.
Shmellow chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
I've actually never seen another angsty ELS fic (probably because you're one of the only people who writes ELS fics). But I dunno, I liked this one. It actually got me depressed enough to continue to write my semi-depressing story.

I honestly can't think of any negative comments. You really managed to capture Helen's feelings of rage and dread, as well as her inescapable, hopeless situation. I think Mrs. Manchev would like it!