Reviews for Harvest Dreams
Virtuella chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
Ah, profound! Without the farmer, the warrior would be nothing.
demeter d chapter 2 . 2/26/2010
Hmm, imagine Faramir of Gondor as, say, a college Political Science Professor. There are a few areas in which a man could make a living as a scholar. The speech about how a farmers work differs from a warrior reminds me of what Faramir says to Frodo and Sam about the young Haradrim they saw killed before their eyes in Ithilien. And I thought David Wenham's rendition of those thoughts was a bright spot in P.J.'s little fan-fic!
demeter d chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
Beautifully concrete portrayal of Faramir's desire to bring peace and nurturing to his world. And for all of the really good "Boromir Lived" fan-fics around, I really wonder how good Tolkien's Boromir would haave been as the Steward of a generation trying to make peace. I would guess that he would have had to rely a lot on his younger for diplomatic duties!
Silivren Tinu chapter 2 . 2/26/2010
/A farmer knows what must be garnered, a warrior can never be so certain./

Very wise, and very true! Did I mention lately that I love your Farmir? ;-)
Silivren Tinu chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
I really like how you show the differences between Faramir and Boromir here. I can just see Faramir preferring a scythe to a sword even when he was just a child, or youth, and Boromir's protest at being expected to wield anything else but a sword rings very true, too! ;-)
JuliaAurelia chapter 2 . 2/25/2010
Good chapter, especially Fara's answer to why a farmer.
JuliaAurelia chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
I liked this very much. Reminds me of "swords into ploughshares."
37 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3