Reviews for Da Capo
Jessica314 chapter 2 . 1/29
This is my favorite of your stories so far. Edward's departure and return is, to me, the most fascinating part of twilight history, and I love stories like this that explore how those events might have unfolded, and what might have driven Edward to make both of those decisions.

I wonder if he got the Bella's-window-oiling idea from this guy...! :)

I've written about these years too, and it's so fun to see the similarities in our stories- Edward trying to work out his anger and confusion with Rachmaninoff, spitting venom on glass as he spies on his prey, counting his victims (your number was far more generous than mine!), and Edward having to bear the secrets about Charles Evenson until Esme was ready to tell Carlisle.

Can't wait to read the rest, when I get a chance. I'm especially curious to see how Edward and Carlisle ended up in a real *fight*! It's so sad to read about this dark time in Edward's life, but it's so beautifully done, as all your stories are.
meelee729697 chapter 2 . 5/16/2013
I love your writing stlye, the way you jump times. This is the 2nd of your stories that I'm reading, & I love it so far. You know these beloved characters well, which makes it so easy to read & relate. A year & a half ago, I'd never even heard of fanfiction.. Now, you are in my top 3 favorite authors. :)) I won't be tiring of your stories anytime soon. Excited to keep reading. :)
DishclothRioter chapter 4 . 2/7/2013
I love the gardening scene with Esme and the reunion at the end. I never thought about how exactly Esme became a mother figure to Edward. It makes sense that they must have had difficulties, especially knowing that Carlisle changed Edward first. Her unconditional acceptance and love feels very real.
DishclothRioter chapter 2 . 2/6/2013
Edward is so... adolescent. I imagine telepathy gives him a better reason than usual to suppose he knows everything. I'm expecting him to shout, "You're not my real father!" or, "You can't tell me what to do!" at Carlisle any moment now.
k1942 chapter 4 . 8/23/2012
I very much enjoyed this short story and the peek into their lives at a critical point. It had a huge effect on all three of them and luckily turned out okay. I especially liked the weed pulling episode, Esme is truly a very wise woman.
k1942 chapter 3 . 8/23/2012
Edward is about to to take full advantage of what he is , I suspect. He may feel some shame for spying on Eleanor, but it pales next to his fury at what Phillip planned to do to her. I also felt a little sad for the betrayal he felt at Carlisle and Esme's love for each other.
k1942 chapter 2 . 8/23/2012
Poor Edward, I'm thinking he has latched onto this woman partly because she reminds him of his dead mother, and partly because she turns him on! For someone else to watch 'his' woman is totally unacceptable. The back and forth between pre-flight and post-return is a bit disorienting, but not bad .
k1942 chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
It shocked hell out of Edward to realize he wasn't the only person Carlisle needed in his life. It only pointed up how much Edward was still a self-centered teenager. Those teen years are similar to Hell anyway. Throw in being changed to immortality and you have a whirlwind of emotions.
allidel chapter 4 . 8/20/2012
I just looked at your profile after finishing this and realized that I've actually read quite a few of your stories before. You do a wonderful job with 'canon' stories! I usually prefer the AU stories, especially all-human...but today I felt like something more canon, and you delivered it beautifully. I'm looking forward to the next bit of the Canon Tour contest, which I assume you'll be submitting something again. I look forward to reading it. Thank you for sharing your stories!

allidel :)
foxyvictorianagurl chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Love this story! Phenomonal detail! :) However I was wondering, what do the title and chapter names mean? I'd be interested to know.
Louey06 chapter 4 . 7/6/2012
This was wonderful. i loved how it jumped around and yet had all the storylines completed and set. Great job i really enjoyed reading this
CarlisleCullen1640 chapter 4 . 3/27/2012
You are an excellent writer! Continue the good work! Thank you for a wonderful story!
SleepMyBella chapter 4 . 3/11/2012
You are such an enormously talented and creative writer. I enjoyed your story immensely. You are a storyteller of the highest caliber.

Thank you so much!
Siriusmunchkin chapter 4 . 2/5/2012
A fitting ending.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 3 . 2/5/2012
Not a happy home at all. Or a happy time.